Pat Richards Leaving ?

The-moP

There are reports that Pat Richards may have played his last year with the Wests Tigers.

It's believed the 33-year-old winger and Wests Tigers fan favourite will return to the UK Super League to play for the French club Catalan Dragons next season.

"With the joint venture having salary cap constraints, it has been unable to make the 33-year-old winger a competitive offer for 2016," reported The Mole, on Rugby League Week.
\
\
Is this sign of things to come, or go..?? Will players be leaving if we can't win games….we certainly won't attract anyone if win can't win games either.

If Pat leaves, who else will follow..?? :bawling

Salary cap constraints????We will be battling to have 10 players under contract next year. Love to know what is really happening with our cap. Big Pat has been great, but the last two seasons his lack of pace and being at the end of a backline that the inside men were defensively weak has left him badly exposed. Big Pat should be able to play another two or three years in the ESL, good luck to him

@TigerSkins said:
There are reports that Pat Richards may have played his last year with the Wests Tigers.

It's believed the 33-year-old winger and Wests Tigers fan favourite will return to the UK Super League to play for the French club Catalan Dragons next season.

"With the joint venture having salary cap constraints, it has been unable to make the 33-year-old winger a competitive offer for 2016," reported The Mole, on Rugby League Week.
\
\
Is this sign of things to come, or go..?? Will players be leaving if we can't win games….we certainly won't attract anyone if win can't win games either.

Don't think it's gonna lead to some sort of mass exodus, Tigerskins. I think Pat (at 33) probably just knows his best NRL playing days are behind him and he's going back to a place where he can compete more comfortably. Plus it's good coin playing over there, so why not? He has to set up for his future.

@Flippedy said:
@TigerSkins said:

\
\

Don't think it's gonna lead to some sort of mass exodus, Tigerskins. I think Pat (at 33) probably just knows his best NRL playing days are behind him and he's going back to a place where he can compete more comfortably. Plus it's good coin playing over there, so why not? He has to set up for his future.

Flip,Pat purchased my uncles house at Mt Annan when he returned to play for us,I reckon if he goes back it will only be for a very short time as he has told everyone he loves the house..
I think he will come back and be offered a position somewhere within the WTs as a PR man or something similar

@TrueTiger said:
@Flippedy said:
@TigerSkins said:

\
\

Flip,Pat purchased my uncles house at Mt Annan when he returned to play for us,I reckon if he goes back it will only be for a very short time as he has told everyone he loves the house..
I think he will come back and be offered a position somewhere within the WTs as a PR man or something similar

I used to live in Mount Annan before moving up north.

The way the property market has surged there in the last two years, Pat will probably earn more re-selling his house, then he has as a contracted player for the Tigers over the same period.

Not even kidding.

What I'm getting at is, he'll be wiping away his tears with 100 dollar bills. :mrgreen:

@underdog said:
@TrueTiger said:
@Flippedy said:
@TigerSkins said:

\
\

I used to live in Mount Annan before moving up north.

The way the property market has surged there in the last two years, Pat will probably earn more re-selling his house, then he has as a contracted player for the Tigers over the same period.

Not even kidding.

What I'm getting at is, he'll be wiping away his tears with 100 dollar bills. :mrgreen:

Yeah no doubt. After hearing about the ridiculous amount of 42 million being spent on a property at West Pennant Hills yesterday, I reckon anything is possible! Surely the housing market will implode one day soon - it astounds me how so many people have so much money! I still own nothing, but that's ok - my life's easier that way.

We must be paying Pat some good coin as well here..?? So now we're looking for wingers, centres, and 2nd rowers. I hope that there is some good news in the coming for us soon.

@TigerSkins said:

\
\

Hope it is a sign of things to come, he is struggling to keep up with the pace of the game and that's saying something given how slow we are playing.

I would prefer to spend the coin on a winger who will add value.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@TigerSkins said:

\
\

Tim Moltzen is a strong possibility but I hope Martin stays.

Im not sure about all this
All i bl00dy wanted was for us to make the top 8
Chances of that in 2015 is non existent - same as most years

So in a nutshell im personally too filthy to care about club news seeing our performances last couple of weeks

At this stage I wouldn't be re-signing Richards unless it's a second tier contract and he plays State Cup next season. He's starting to look off the pace out there, and once his opposite gets outside him, it's shut the gate. 15 years playing at the top level is a hell of an achievement though.

Love Patty, but his time has passed, wish him all the best he has been great for us in the past, but we need to look forward not back.

He's been a great servant in the minimal amount of time he's spent at the club, but if we're mourning the loss of a 34 yr old winger, it speaks volumes about where this club is at.

ah i love pat the dog richards, but have to admit to thinking the same that he is starting to show his age. man, he is tough as - his face has taken a beating this season! - but he is slowing down rapidly.
also, i was surprised to see his conversion percentage at about 73 for the season (?): this is probably his greatest value to the side but that is well down on what i expect from him.
good luck to him, and he has done well in his farewell tour of duty at the tiges, but all good things must come to an end and professional sport dictates sometimes tough calls be made.

It's catching up with him now. Good luck to him if he chases the money in France.

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

nothing against Pat, he has earned respect, but hopefully this will open the eyes of a few smart heads at Concord to move Seve back to Left Centre with Simona playing outside him on the wing.

Speed to Burn!

@Tiger Watto said:
nothing against Pat, he has earned respect, but hopefully this will open the eyes of a few smart heads at Concord to move Seve back to Left Centre with Simona playing outside him on the wing.

Speed to Burn!

Agree with this. I'd also move Nofo to the wing on the right. Wouldn't mind seeing Kev given a shot at right centre before the year is out.

@greatodensraven said:
@Tiger Watto said:

Speed to Burn!

Agree with this. I'd also move Nofo to the wing on the right. Wouldn't mind seeing Kev given a shot at right centre before the year is out.

Yep that's a nice looking backline but I'd still recruit a right centre.

@littletiger said:
@greatodensraven said:
@Tiger Watto said:

Speed to Burn!

Yep that's a nice looking backline but I'd still recruit a right centre.

Given our lack of finances I'd be happy with this backline if it meant we could then focus on strengthening our prop & backrow stocks.

not too sure why this would be a surprise, wasn't this really his last year here anyway? I didn't even think he would be considered for next year

Back