OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

Some interesting additions to our NSW Cup roster.
Two that could be really good for us are Tyler Colley a talented goal kicking halve from the Roosters and Ryan Garner, brother of Luke who was previously with us and now returns after a good season with Blacktown Workers.

Two that could be really good for us are Tyler Colley a talented goal kicking halve from the Roosters and Ryan Garner, brother of Luke who was previously with us and now returns after a good season with Blacktown Workers.
Haven't heard much of Colley before, but assuming he is another young half with potential coming through. Amazing how we went from our ordinary halves situation through all senior grades last year to where we are in 2024 with the likes of Iverson Matai, Harradyn Wilson, Oliver Lawry and this bloke pushing for spots across Flegg and Cup (without even considering our current Top 30 guys who dont make the NRL team).

Ages? Positions?

Ages? Positions?
Both early 20’s, Colley a halfback or 5/8 and Garner a winger or centre.
Another nice pick up is Kobie Wilson for our Jersey Flegg side. Son of former handy Sharks player Alan Wilson, he was a big stand out when playing for the Sharks against Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg last season. Surprised the Sharks have let him go.

Another nice pick up is Kobie Wilson for our Jersey Flegg side. Son of former handy Sharks player Alan Wilson, he was a big stand out when playing for the Sharks against Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg last season. Surprised the Sharks have let him go.
For many years We've had a habit of signing players who've played well against us, but we need to be more thorough than that! Been burnt far too often by players who stand out against weak players.

For many years We've had a habit of signing players who've played well against us, but we need to be more thorough than that! Been burnt far too often by players who stand out against weak players.
Agreed, but it could be worse....you could be a team like Blacktown Workers who watched how our Magpies side went in 2023 and thought "That's a good idea". They have bought nearly our whole KOE Cup team from last year.

Glad to see fresh faces in the squads and likely opportunities for our talented juniors coming through in our senior grades this year!

Wilson is an ex De la Salle Caringbah player. The Sharks have another Brailey brother coming through.

Agreed, but it could be worse....you could be a team like Blacktown Workers who watched how our Magpies side went in 2023 and thought "That's a good idea". They have bought nearly our whole KOE Cup team from last year.

Glad to see fresh faces in the squads and likely opportunities for our talented juniors coming through in our senior grades this year!
It’s a coin toss between the Bears and the Workers.
Just saw that Semisi Kioa returns after spending a year playing with West Suburbs (their quote, not mine)

wouldn't mind luke back either maybe his bro can bring him over too now that our edge depth is pretty weak

Some solid names here. An improvement on last years squad by a mile, with more players to drop down

Bailey Hodges, Cayne Nicholas*, Declan Casey*, Finnley Neilsen, Gordon Whippy, Harradyn Wilson, Herman Tofaeono, Iverson Matai*, James Valevatu, Jay Kirk, Jimmy Ngutlik, John Tuivaiti, Johny Lee Gabrael, Joshua Finau*, Nick Lui-Toso*, Nick Mougios, Noah Ryan, Petelo Kepaoa, Reuben Porter*, Ryan Garner, Samuel McGregor, Samuel Loizou, Sione Vaihu*, Steve Tapau Sako, Tuarae Rawhiti, Tyler Colley, Vaka Aho

Some solid names here. An improvement on last years squad by a mile, with more players to drop down

Bailey Hodges, Cayne Nicholas*, Declan Casey*, Finnley Neilsen, Gordon Whippy, Harradyn Wilson, Herman Tofaeono, Iverson Matai*, James Valevatu, Jay Kirk, Jimmy Ngutlik, John Tuivaiti, Johny Lee Gabrael, Joshua Finau*, Nick Lui-Toso*, Nick Mougios, Noah Ryan, Petelo Kepaoa, Reuben Porter*, Ryan Garner, Samuel McGregor, Samuel Loizou, Sione Vaihu*, Steve Tapau Sako, Tuarae Rawhiti, Tyler Colley, Vaka Aho
Huge improvement with this squad.

I hope Herman gets a good crack in 2024. Still very raw and plenty to work on with his game, but he is a beast with some of his carries! Spencer Leniu vibes. Pretty sure he could potentially have 1 more year in Flegg squad, so they must rate him.

i had no idea there was a nswrl app that shows a bunch of games from every grade
does anyone know how much they usually show nsw cup ? cause foxtel stopped showing it last year and there wasnt enough of wests

i had no idea there was a nswrl app that shows a bunch of games from every grade
does anyone know how much they usually show nsw cup ? cause foxtel stopped showing it last year and there wasnt enough of wests
It used to be streamed on Facebook for free, now they're charging $6 for a Matchday,or a monthly subscription. Think there's up to 3 NSW cup games streamed, and one match per weekend for other age groups.

I think they will show every Andrew Johns Cup and Laurie Daley Cup game each week, 1 or 2 x Harrold Mathew’s, SG Ball and Jersey Flegg game per week and up to 3 NSW Cup games per week, + some of the womens games as well.
I read they’ll show 250 games this season and you can get a season subscription for $50.
I mean it’s good value if a couple of the sides go well. On historical form, maybe the Magpies Matt’s and Ball teams will go ok, however the Balmain and senior teams need a tonne of improvement.

I think they will show every Andrew Johns Cup and Laurie Daley Cup game each week, 1 or 2 x Harrold Mathew’s, SG Ball and Jersey Flegg game per week and up to 3 NSW Cup games per week, + some of the womens games as well.
I read they’ll show 250 games this season and you can get a season subscription for $50.
I mean it’s good value if a couple of the sides go well. On historical form, maybe the Magpies Matt’s and Ball teams will go ok, however the Balmain and senior teams need a tonne of improvement.
been watching the LD + AJ Cup
Archie Duncombe looks really good so far

Back