Pathways

Only if tigers looked more at trying to pinch players from union junior systems showing promise like this kid I’ve just come across at u/18 state Champs

Fox are trying to say union have no junior development but what I've seen local school boy/uni union is very popular. Happened to see a large crowd at narrabeen last weekend and we've seen how popular at LO.

If you've seen the match winner, Miller is one of 2 players putting pressure on the kicker to force a charge down with 2 minutes to go. A prop of his size applying pressure at that time in the match is not often seen. Good attitude/mentality that can't be taught.

Hopefully see some good progression up the grades in 2023 for him!
Good passing game too.

For someone so big his work rate is immense.

He’ll definitely have to get a bit leaner for NRL but plays a bit like a younger Andrew Fifita.

Wish he was 21 already because he’s the style of front rower we desperately need in the NRL side. Hopefully Sheens doesn’t think he’s too big 😂

NRL.com has identified these players as the next Superstars of the game who have all played in the under 19s Origin.

Paul Alamoti (Buldogs-centre)​

Jack Howarth (Storm-back rower, signed until 2027)​

Jonah Pezet (Storm-halfback)​

Sosefo Fifita (Titans-centre)​

Trey Mooney (Raiders-forward)​

The Storm already have two of them, there must surely be many more that are not identified yet, but i suppose the Storm and the Rorters who have no juniors in their regions will let us know who they are when they sign them

FT the reason I can't snap my fingers and come up with a few players is simply put......we don't get enough pathway games televised.
We used to follow the careers of lads by watching all three grades at the one venue on the same day. 😠

It was all part of the "tribal" football day out before the NRL buggered it up.You could watch all 3 grades of your club all with the same name play another club who all had the same name,this is where club loyalty was built from and should never been changed imho.
The NRL has killed off so many of its traditions and values since its inception that it is no great surprise that the interest and passion is not what it was for many.

We saw most of them in the 19s origin recently.
Among others.

Trey Mooney played grade this year.
Looks huge.

Howarth & Pezet, both look classy players- Alamoti is hard as nails.

Makes Pritchard look small. Hopefully he's on a development contract for next season. He's young but would be very highly sought after and we probably need to offer him this to get him to stay. Could follow Matamua's progression next year.
he's probably still a couple years off. hasn't even played Ball yet. 2024/25 more likely but he is certainly a special talent.

I don't want to compare him to Haas but his motor is as good as the big man's. played the entirety of the Harold Matts grand final and was putting pressure on the kicker in the schoolboys grand final which led to a chargedown and a try.

no doubt, but it's clear they possess the talent at this age to become first graders if they are retained and properly developed.
Need to identify the small handful who will do the hard yards and then pray for some luck also. Long way to go.

Future stars are playing at your local park in u8's.
When my playing days were over I used to take the dog down to my local footy ground and watch the juniors play, reminds me when I would walk home as a kid with bark hanging off me bleeding and mum would patch me up.

Back