PETITION LINK External Review

In my opinion, at the very least there needs to be a restructure surrounding how board members are appointed to the Wests Tigers board, the entanglement of the Wests Ashfield and Wests Tigers board means there is no oversight or accountability for members of the board, but first I want it determined what is actually going wrong in the club because we are all looking from the outside.

I am not against an ownership change.

My ideal scenario, not going to happen, would be for the NRL to conduct an independent investigation into the structure and governance of the entire organisation because it is something our owners will not do.
Don't like your petition.

What is independent anyway?

Why would the owners allow customers to call a review of their business.? If you don't like what is served up go elsewhere.

Board members are appointed at the discretion of the owners.

Isn't it done that way at your business?

We hired Brian Smith to conduct a review when this current ownership structure came into being.

Canterbury and St George Illawarra recently appointed Gus to conduct reviews and they are fighting it out for the Spoon with us.

Sounds like certain Balmain supporters looking to squeeze out the Magpies out of the JV hidden behind a facade of poor on field performances.

Many may wish to sign your petition with a misguided perception it will improve performance but it's really just a Trojan introduced by a certain Balmain faction to usher in subtle identity change.

Obviously, this forum is a tool for this project.

Most fans don't wish for this change.

You don't speak for them.

The petition is asking for a third party to come in and work out what’s wrong with the joint. You don’t decide the outcome before a review.
@cochise mentioned in the CEO thread the he wants the review to bring about a restructure.

Predetermined.

Reactions: BZN

Why would the owners allow customers to call a review of their business.? If you don't like what is served up go elsewhere.

We hired Brian Smith to conduct a review when this current ownership structure came into being.

Canterbury and St George Illawarra recently appointed Gus to conduct reviews and they are fighting it out for the Spoon with us.

Sounds like certain Balmain supporters looking to squeeze out the Magpies out of the JV hidden behind a facade of poor on field performances.

Many may wish to sign your petition with a misguided perception it will improve performance but it's really just a Trojan introduced by a certain Balmain faction to usher in subtle identity change.

Mate love your conspiracy theory, but I signed up because I have had a decade of rubbish served up by the club and I want something done. Nothing to do with Tigers and Magpies, just want to see my team compete with the big boys

What on earth are you talking about.

That is your right, don't sign it.

Honestly, why not? Punt the Maggie’s like Balmain. Historically looser clubs and its ugly offspring, the Wests Tigers are just as shit. If we keep going like this what’s the point? I’m not sure if that emblem on the sleeve makes you happy but I want more.

Mate love your conspiracy theory, but I signed up because I have had a decade of rubbish served up by the club and I want something done. Nothing to do with Tigers and Magpies, just want to see my team compete with the big boys
That decade included different ownership structures and management.

The individual calling the petition wants a restructure and ownership change.

Seek help mate...seriously

Honestly, why not? Punt the Maggie’s like Balmain. Historically looser clubs and its ugly offspring, the Wests Tigers are just as shit. If we keep going like this what’s the point? I’m not sure if that emblem on the sleeve makes you happy but I want more.
Most fans wouldn't want this Hobbo.

That decade included different ownership structures and management.

The individual calling the petition wants a restructure and ownership change.
Personally, I would love a situation where there is some sort of accountability at board level, currently there is none. I am not calling for ownership change, though I am not against it either. There are benefits to the current ownership model that appeal to me, the stability that the current model is something that I like, but these are just my opinions that I don't know are what is actually happening as we are all outside the club.

The first thing I want to see is an independent review of the club, key word being independent, meaning my personal opinion of what I think could change is irrelevant.

You don't think l think change is needed?
Not at ownership or identity level.
Dorahy has already been appointed and there will be others.

As for performance reviews history shows they are a waste of time. Our Brian Smith review created more problems than solutions and Canterbury having changed their board and invited Gus and so called wonder wiz kid coach Ciraldo with a huge recruitment drive are going worse. Copped 66 against a bottom of the table team at home. Probably would've copped 90 against the Cowboys who put 45 on Storm. Saints called in Gus for a review 2 years ago and they are unraveling.

There is no easy fix. We went for Munster and Moses which probably would have fixed it but they chose to stay at the incumbent clubs.

Till the Canberra rort and the point Tino took Apis head off we were improving.

It's going to take time.

Personally, I would love a situation where there is some sort of accountability at board level, currently there is none. I am not calling for ownership change, though I am not against it either. There are benefits to the current ownership model that appeal to me, the stability that the current model is something that I like, but these are just my opinions that I don't know are what is actually happening as we are all outside the club.

The first thing I want to see is an independent review of the club, key word being independent, meaning my personal opinion of what I think could change is irrelevant.
Fair enough your opinion.

But your petition is worded to include your biases.

As for accountability which successful club board answers to their customers in this way?

Canterbury may have a model which may appeal to you but it hasn't done them any good.

Reactions: BZN

I’m bloody independent. You don’t speak for me

Not at ownership or identity level.
Dorahy has already been appointed and there will be others.

As for performance reviews history shows they are a waste of time. Our Brian Smith review created more problems than solutions and Canterbury having changed their board and invited Gus and so called wonder wiz kid coach Ciraldo with a huge recruitment drive are going worse. Copped 66 against a bottom of the table team at home. Probably would've copped 90 against the Cowboys who put 45 on Storm. Saints called in Gus for a review 2 years ago and they are unraveling.

There is no easy fix. We went for Munster and Moses which probably would have fixed it but they chose to stay at the incumbent clubs.

Till the Canberra rort and the point Tino took Apis head off we were improving.

It's going to take time.
We lurch from misstep to misstep, we can not stick to our own directions and plan for more than a matter of months, we literally undermine our own plans and decisions. There is a complete lack of attention to detail that has been evident for years.

I have been extremely supportive of the club and management for a long time, but I believe it is time for change.

Fair enough your opinion.

But your petition is worded to include your biases.

As for accountability which successful club board answers to their customers in this way?

Canterbury may have a model which may appeal to you but it hasn't done them any good.
I wouldn't like a situation where members or fans vote for the board, I do believe a situation where there are rigorous criteria around selection of board member and separation of board members between Ashfield and the Tigers would be beneficial as that would give the Wests Tigers Board someone to be accountable to.

Again these thoughts are my personal opinion.

Latest posts

Back