Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
My safe liberal seat is now independent with Sophie Scamps as the member,i am sure she will be much better than my last 2 members in Jason Falinski and Bronwyn Bishop.If the liberal party lurches further to the right thay will lose even more seats at the next election

Hopefully there is a family of 4 in Perth who will be back in Queensland where they belong very shortly.Their nightmare should soon be over and it will save a massive amount of taxpayers money as a plus

One of the big issues in the seats that abandoned the party as well, as I watched so many interviews from those seats that spoke of their cruelty and it's longevity.

the liberal vote is very poor and the Labor vote not that flash either
the greens and independents have changed the voting landscape
liberals need to reasses and try and target some of the teal independent vote next election.
Partly liberal party and partly scot Morrison potentially a new leader and new focus for next campaign might help

As PM Albo you won't be able to dodge questions and refuse to answer
good luck
I hope they get a clear majority without "colour " power sharing otherwise were totally screwed.

One thing bagging coal and fossil fuels but Australia would be in poverty without them not to mention in darkness. There are alot of handouts that need to be paid back. If we don't have nice earners, weird taxes will appear.

Worlwide recession is coming so the yanks can get the excess QE out of their system so with our debt and rising rates any silly Green nonsense and pensions may be cut.

I also hope this isn't a Hawke type victory where ALP supporters are just happy they have power but as Hawke done he actually prevailed over the dismantling of Industry the Unions and real ALP needs.

It looks like Albanese has integrity so this is a good thing but the situation will be very difficult and I hope he isn't forced to compomise his principles.

Also, the election has shown that people want zero mandates and no further State of Emergency.

I wish him and us luck.

liberals need to reasses and try and target some of the teal independent vote next election.
Partly liberal party and partly scot Morrison potentially a new leader and new focus for next campaign might help

Yet you stated the want for the Liberal party to go further to the right, so that makes no sense.

Yet you stated the want for the Liberal party to go further to the right, so that makes no sense.
Dutton is the right leader for them I think Morrison was so on the nose with some of his picks for seats and a Dutton type leader should claw back some of the independent vote aka Wentworth and the like, plus the nsw pre selection rubbish that went on in Parramatta etc cost them
new leader new focus, nationals did well we will see how much people are hurting with inflation and electricity prices, do think this is a bit of a Morrison protest vote

I hope they get a clear majority without "colour " power sharing otherwise were totally screwed.

One thing bagging coal and fossil fuels but Australia would be in poverty without them not to mention in darkness. There are alot of handouts that need to be paid back. If we don't have nice earners, weird taxes will appear.

Worlwide recession is coming so the yanks can get the excess QE out of their system so with our debt and rising rates any silly Green nonsense and pensions may be cut.

I also hope this isn't a Hawke type victory where ALP supporters are just happy they have power but as Hawke done he actually prevailed over the dismantling of Industry the Unions and real ALP needs.

It looks like Albanese has integrity so this is a good thing but the situation will be very difficult and I hope he isn't forced to compomise his principles.

Also, the election has shown that people want zero mandates and no further State of Emergency.

I wish him and us luck.

Not that fussed, as even if they control the lower house, they won't have the balance of power in the Senate anyway.

Yes, that is what the Liberals should do. Unfortunately for them they'll probably start that with the appointment of Dutton as leader which is not a particularly good first step.

Yes, that is what the Liberals should do. Unfortunately for them they'll probably start that with the appointment of Dutton as leader which is not a particularly good first step.
nobody else left for them to pick
Start with Dutton whether he is opposition leader at next election he may do a Simon creahan and get rolled for leadership before the next election

nobody else left for them to pick
Start with Dutton whether he is opposition leader at next election he may do a Simon creahan and get rolled for leadership before the next election
Yeah I don't doubt he will be the leader but it's not a good move. He's even more despised than Morrison in those electorates that went independent. If Frydenberg hadn't been rolled they'd probably have gone with him in the wake of this result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back