Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is certainly one thing Howard can be praised for and also the Australian people for supporting it and handing in their firearms.

Except for sport, of which there are very few participants, there is absolutely no reason for anyone in a metropolitan area to own firearm.
đź’Ż totally agree with you @mike
How yuh been keepin Mate...well I hope.
Did you notice the post from one of the Mods asking if there is anyone interested in applying to become a Mod?
I reckon a really decent bloke such as yourself would be an excellent in that role.

Earl, I think you have fallen for the biggest con job in Australian politics that has been pulled in years. Yes, historically the coalition has been a competent economic manager.

In the last 20 years or more though, on virtually every economic metric Labor has outdone them. Debt as a % of GDP - Howard wins the gold medal at 23.4%.

The two highest taxing governments in the last 50 years have both been Liberal/coalition.

Since 2013 seasonally adjusted unemployment has averaged 5.7% compared with 5.1% during Rudd-Gillard-Rudd (the current sub 4% figure is largely impacted by reduced immigration and the pandemic).

Don’t fall for the spin.
Yes/no

Here is the real history:

Frasier and then Treasurer John howard don't do much at all. Come the 1980's.

Bob Hawke comes in with Keating as Treasurer who:
Floats the Aussie Dollar. (The exchange rate was set at Midday before then!)
Opened a stack of trading barriers.
Free trade agreements.

Costello and Howard can claim the GST, Balanced budgets, IR2 (Industrial Relations 1 was far enough. The fairness test did not need tweeks) and Free trade agreements.

Rudd and Swan:
Survived the GFC with many world economists rating Swan as NR1.
Proved that Bailouts of Banks/businesses are not as effective as direct cash payments (what's worse then the government giving away $900, The government giving away your $900 and you seeing NOTHING of it).
Converted a stack of Credit unions into Banks. this means upgraded status', securities and lending procedures. Imagine the housing crisis if more of these credit unions fell?

Gillard did not do much on economics.

Abbott/Turnbull/Scomo:
??
Free trade agreements!
Covid bailouts (when they were not as innovative).

Seriously we have seen a big fat nothing from the recent government. Nothing. If you go back to Costello's reign and you saw the GST Housing compensation being the start of the skyrocketing prices (remember when Houses were $200,000? I do). Each year from 1998 it was a threat "we will remove the GST compensation", nah were keeping it one more year... New buyers race to buy house, prices skyrocket. Negative gearing gets left in place and Sydney becomes more and more un-affordable.

Reactions: BZN
I saw one flipper suggest more guns and training teachers in the use of them..

There is no hope for them..

That was the Republican Attorney General in Texas who said that,absolutely disgraceful that someone at such a level would advocate putting more guns into a situation involving school kids

đź’Ż totally agree with you @mike
How yuh been keepin Mate...well I hope.
Did you notice the post from one of the Mods asking if there is anyone interested in applying to become a Mod?
I reckon a really decent bloke such as yourself would be an excellent in that role.

Howdy Magpies1963,
It seems like the moderators are slowly becoming extinct,
Their numbers have been reduced by more than half of what they used to be since only about 6 months ago,

Is it Perhaps that everything is becoming automated? even us?

Could it be that Artificial intelligence technology (AI) is taking over, and we just sit and watch computers posting and arguing with each other?

Are/were Mathias Cormann and Josh Frydenberg really considered moderates?
Weren't they the two who were photographed puffing on a big fat cigar in the Parliament House garden after delivering a budget that was going to well and truly screw Us little people?

It was indeed a terrible budget 63, though it was Joe Hockey puffing away with Cormann.

Apologies if it had already been answered by now.

Reactions: BZN
Wow, I just realised that Rex Patrick has lost his Senate seat for SA. What on earth were the people of SA thinking? They are usually politically very astute.

Wow, hadn't noticed that as yet. A real shame as he was a crusader against the secrecy of the Morrison government despite their continual stonewalling and even in the caretaker period.

Wow, hadn't noticed that as yet. A real shame as he was a crusader against the secrecy of the Morrison government despite their continual stonewalling and even in the caretaker period.
Patrick continued to raise the issue of the French Submarine contract being a former submariner himself. It is a loss of knowledge to the Senate.

Stuart Robert says the Libs will review their policies after being deserted by women at the election. Research from ANU says women had little confidence in the LNP gender equity issues prior to the election. Knowing that Stuart Robert is on the job will reassure women. Bobbie Houston , who belongs to the same church as Robert, advises Christian women to master skills in the bedroom.

It was indeed a terrible budget 63, though it was Joe Hockey puffing away with Cormann.

Apologies if it had already been answered by now.
Thanks for that @formerguest
Yes Joe Hockey.......and from memory he didn't stay in his job as Treasurer for much longer before he was 're-positioned' :eek: as Ambassador to the USA.

It’s clear that we only remember what fits our narrative. Personally I thought the Hawke / Keating government was one of the highest taxing in Australia’s history. The Superannuation tax they imposed was a killer, 15% going in, 15% on earnings and another 15% on withdrawal. These were new taxes.

Stuart Robert says the Libs will review their policies after being deserted by women at the election. Research from ANU says women had little confidence in the LNP gender equity issues prior to the election. Knowing that Stuart Robert is on the job will reassure women. Bobbie Houston , who belongs to the same church as Robert, advises Christian women to master skills in the bedroom.

So that grin on Scott Morrison is actually a genuine happy face?

It would have been wiser for Bobbie Houston to have given moral and sex education to her husband Brian, the paedophile father-in-law and the NYC pastor Carl Lentz before they were disgracefully stood down.

But what kind of advice would she have given them? Yeah nah, lets not even think about it.

It’s clear that we only remember what fits our narrative. Personally I thought the Hawke / Keating government was one of the highest taxing in Australia’s history. The Superannuation tax they imposed was a killer, 15% going in, 15% on earnings and another 15% on withdrawal. These were new taxes.
Also CGT and FBT in March 85.

It would have been wiser for Bobbie Houston to have given moral and sex education to her husband Brian, the paedophile father-in-law and the NYC pastor Carl Lentz before they were disgracefully stood down.

But what kind of advice would she have given them? Yeah nah, lets not even think about it.
Cousins of my sons on their late mothers' side were not eating meat at a large family function we hosted. The family is right at the cutting edge of this church. There was plenty of food to share and when I offered meat, these poor children (both female) said only daddy eats meat because he has god's work to carry out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back