Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anything illegal done?
I agree it’s over the top micromanagement but fair dinkum, 99.99% of the population couldn’t care less. There are real problems out there.

I don’t think you can pass off secretly appointing yourself to five ministries as “micromanagement”. If Albanese did it you’d call him a dictator. It may have been lawful but it was reckless, sneaky and undermined our democracy. Even his own MPs said as much. He deserves to be condemned - I shudder to think what you classify as unreasonable conduct.

Perhaps not everybody cares but even every former LNP prime minister who is still alive has been extremely critical of Scamo's actions.

As they should be. There’s a reason nobody else has done it. I’m all for exposing all these rorts. The public are entitled to know how inherently corrupt and dodgy the LNP were

They postpone promises all the time.
He has far more pressing matters at hand not least of which his dickhead Union compadres starting to throw their weight around already.
The next item on the agenda will be the Federal Independent Commission Against Corruption. Do you think the issue of off-shore detention will feature?

I don’t think you can pass off secretly appointing yourself to five ministries as “micromanagement”. If Albanese did it you’d call him a dictator. It may have been lawful but it was reckless, sneaky and undermined our democracy. Even his own MPs said as much. He deserves to be condemned - I shudder to think what you classify as unreasonable conduct.
Simple…Illegal behaviour.
Everything else you said is true, including him being condemned.
What more do they want?

Was anything illegal done?
I agree it’s over the top micromanagement but fair dinkum, 99.99% of the population couldn’t care less. There are real problems out there.
Yep this is about how I feel and I am not a Morrison supporter by any stretch.

Leave it to the ICAC whenever that is established and worry about running the country.

a
None of this grandstanding helps the public, who are struggling to keep a roof over their heads.
Grandstanding? In NSW, the NSW ICAC has resulted in a Premier and numerous MPs having to resign, be sacked or enjoy gaol. Wouldn't it be nice for Federal MPs to be accountable for corrupt behaviour?

We've just had an election. The establishment of a Federal ICAC was also an election promise also strongly supported by the Greens and Independents.

a

Grandstanding? In NSW, the NSW ICAC has resulted in a Premier and numerous MPs having to resign, be sacked or enjoy gaol. Wouldn't it be nice for Federal MPs to be accountable for corrupt behaviour?

We've just had an election. The establishment of a Federal ICAC was also an election promise also strongly supported by the Greens and Independents.
Jesus, you are all over the shop.
Typical Labor man…focus!

None of this grandstanding helps the public, who are struggling to keep a roof over their heads.
The previous Govt had nine years of wage suppression policy, reduced penalty rates, has a mantra of reducing costs to business (wages) and your asking what the new Govt are going to do to address the cost of living pressure. Easy answer. Just do the opposite to what the previous Govt did.

We didn't hear a peep from you then.

Absolutely true. But there's an opportunity cost to money that corruptly goes to certain business mates, (who don't pay tax on it, and in many cases waste it) rather than being able to be spent on things that would help out struggling taxpayers. If you don't have to pay 80 bucks to go to the doctor, or 100/day for childcare, then the mortgage payment is looking easier to handle. Just my two cents.

One of the really pleasing aspects of the RC into Robodebt is the fact Scomo will never be asked a question by counsel which they do not already know the answer. Plus the commissioner will not take any of his nonsense. That's refreshingly good!

I watched this morning that lady who spoke of her son committing suicide over a $2,000 debt which didn't exist. It was heart breaking to learn her son was her only child and she will never have grandchildren.

One of the really pleasing aspects of the RC into Robodebt is the fact Scomo will never be asked a question by counsel which they do not already know the answer. Plus the commissioner will not take any of his nonsense. That's refreshingly good!

I watched this morning that lady who spoke of her son committing suicide over a $2,000 debt which didn't exist. It was heart breaking to learn her son was her only child and she will never have grandchildren.

Unfortunately that is not an isolated incident, the human tragedy from robodebt is one of our biggest failures as a nation.

It is not encouraging for the victims to find that the pro/counter of the RC/ICAC and terms of reference is divided by the party's agenda:
- robodebt -> the ALP/Greens/Teals/LNP's Teals;
- Covid 19 Govs "scientific" responses -> conservatives.

There shall be no division, both issues shall be within the terms of references of the RC!

The previous Govt had nine years of wage suppression policy, reduced penalty rates, has a mantra of reducing costs to business (wages) and your asking what the new Govt are going to do to address the cost of living pressure. Easy answer. Just do the opposite to what the previous Govt did.

We didn't hear a peep from you then.
Rubbish.
Your blinding hate makes you sound foolish.
Exactly the same as Albo and his pursuit of the ex government.

Lol yep he did it because of the debt…you are a moron.

Simple…Illegal behaviour.
Everything else you said is true, including him being condemned.
What more do they want?

Until you do a proper investigation, you don't know whether or not he did illegal things with these secret appointments.

Some of the allegations in here don't look good at all:

Until you do a proper investigation, you don't know whether or not he did illegal things with these secret appointments.

Some of the allegations in here don't look good at all:

If he has done something outside of the law then go for him.

a

So implement the federal ICAC and let them pursue it. I'd prefer the ALP focus on suppressing inflation and minimising/reducing the increase of cost of living than worrying about what Scomo got up to.

And I voted for the ALP, so I'm not some partisan trying to defend what he got up to. If there was wrongdoing it should be absolutely prosecuted, but implement a body to handle that and worry about the day to day issues of being a government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back