Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks more and more likely that Trumpism is on it's death knell.

I really hope this happens and extremism becomes more and more marginalized.

Have a look around these pages over recent months, "Trumpism" is far from dead. It has though moved even moreso to the fringes, further courting the anti-vaxer wings etcetera. Some of the more reasonable have moved past him.

Stumps on Trump running again, could, and should have been called after the seditious conspiracy to overthrow the 2020 election and related January 6 attack on democracy. Instead, we watched their house leaders initially condemn, then turn around and vote against impeachment, so he still rants about suspension of the constitution and the like.

To Yoss' question on Georgia, he of ranting "zero experience Hunter" repetitively, Hannity on FOX and his night-time fallacy friends still strongly influence the party and their voters. Both in installing Walker as the Republican candidate and echoing Trump with consistent attacks on other than on the day voting, that formed the MAGA's opinions on early voting since 2020.

Love the own goal in this area.

Have a look around these pages over recent months, "Trumpism" is far from dead. It has though moved even moreso to the fringes, further courting the anti-vaxer wings etcetera. Some of the more reasonable have moved past him.

Stumps on Trump running again, could, and should have been called after the seditious conspiracy to overthrow the 2020 election and related January 6 attack on democracy. Instead, we watched their house leaders initially condemn, then turn around and vote against impeachment, so he still rants about suspension of the constitution and the like.

To Yoss' question on Georgia, he of ranting "zero experience Hunter" repetitively, Hannity on FOX and his night-time fallacy friends still strongly influence the party and their voters. Both in installing Walker as the Republican candidate and echoing Trump with consistent attacks on other than on the day voting, that formed the MAGA's opinions on early voting since 2020.

Love the own goal in this area.
We're still pretending this was a thing? Sad

Imagine having that as the only talking point against this evil dictator that was Trump yet somehow be totally cool with the now known corruption with the war hawk Biden family and all his collusion with social media in the 2020 election. The virtue signally of 'meh Democracy' kind of falls on deaf ears when one is so blatantly hypocritical. Trump lost the presidency essentially by only 30,000 votes across 3 states for their EC points. Numerous polls have said 16-20% of the people that voted for Biden would not have voted for him if they knew about the Hunter laptop story that the Democrats/Social media censored and suppressed for the 'big guy'. 13-16,000,000 votes for 'no' to Biden. That's a land slide for Trump. And the fact you're cool with ignoring that and trumpet on about Democracy shows everyone your true character.

Last edited:
What is truly sad, is the lack of rebuffing, or maybe simply the reluctance of conservative types that still check in on this thread, to call out the ridiculous BS such as pretending that their was not an attempt to overturn US democracy at the last presidential election.

Come on people, it is past time to still be allowing your branch of politics to be dragged down to these levels, seemingly without even a whimper.

What is truly sad, is the lack of rebuffing, or maybe simply the reluctance of conservative types that still check in on this thread, to call out the ridiculous BS such as pretending that their was not an attempt to overturn US democracy at the last presidential election.

Come on people, it is past time to still allow your branch of politics to be dragged down to these levels, seemingly without even a whimper.
"Come on people, it is past time to still allow your branch of politics to be dragged down to these levels, seemingly without even a whimper."

Couldn't agree more, its time the Democrat's were held accountable for their actions.

"an attempt to overturn US democracy"

There wasnt an attempt, its been revealed the Democrats did it. Come on formerguest, call them out for it. Show how much you care for democracy.

Come on people, it is past time to still be allowing your branch of politics to be dragged down to these levels, seemingly without even a whimper.

You don't get it mate. They aren't conservatives. They are conspiracy theorists.

Conservatives and libertarians believe in small government, democracy, free trade and individual rights.

All the craziness which I simply ignore by using the ignore function (you should try it) would be offensive to people who have those principles I stated above.

In my opinion it's a massive problem. It's tribal based support as well. It's like supporting your footy team or something. I'm 100% convinced that these people don't care about the facts either.

I still think they are going to get sidelined at some point and it does appear to be happening now anyway.

You don't get it mate. They aren't conservatives. They are conspiracy theorists.

Conservatives and libertarians believe in small government, democracy, free trade and individual rights.

All the craziness which I simply ignore by using the ignore function (you should try it) would be offensive to people who have those principles I stated above.

In my opinion it's a massive problem. It's tribal based support as well. It's like supporting your footy team or something. I'm 100% convinced that these people don't care about the facts either.

I still think they are going to get sidelined at some point and it does appear to be happening now anyway.

I don’t have anyone blocked, no matter how tempting it may be at times, particularly so a few days back.

It is important to know what others are both saying and seeing, so as to get the gist of where they are. Just as importantly, gaining some idea how and who got them there.

Some I feel sympathy and even empathy towards, I suppose, simply compassion for the disaffected that are their more gullible targets, whereas contempt is all I have for those actively promoting the rubbish to such people, particularly when for monetary gain.

THERE CERTAINLY WAS!!!

From the FBI and big tech. Get off CNN and the ABC for God's sake.

THERE CERTAINLY WAS!!!

From the FBI and big tech. Get off CNN and the ABC for God's sake.

Colin here represents someone that I have felt increasing compassion towards, as I see him as part of the target section.

Thinks he has a point attacking CNN and the Australian broadcasting icon, whilst I was catching up on the Twitter spat between a darling of the conspiracy right in Dinesh D'Souza, with Herschel Walker's family and others, as he wrote the above.

I certainly believe that Trump illegally tried to overturn a genuine election. Sure there were some irregularities but nothing too consequential.

Silly for him to bother...I assume it was ego and frustration at having being sidelined by the pandemic/plandemic whatever it was.

But "democracy " was meant to be rule by the people. Don't know why the west claim to have a mortgage on this term.

Democracy wasn't meant to be a binary choice between two candidates campaigning on tertiary or worse issues while issues of primary importance get relegated to unelected officials under the name of bipartisanship. Government should not just be either "small "or "big" whilst anyone else entering the fray gets called "divisive ".

Many of Trumps supporters focus on the appeal of a popular leader from the supposed establishment overturning certain establishment norms in order to address the primary concerns of the electorate. He certainly did that. That's why he has a solid fan base.

The rest are smoke and mirrors on both sides.

I certainly believe that Trump illegally tried to overturn a genuine election. Sure there were some irregularities but nothing too consequential.

Silly for him to bother...I assume it was ego and frustration at having being sidelined by the pandemic/plandemic whatever it was.

But "democracy " was meant to be rule by the people. Don't know why the west claim to have a mortgage on this term.

Democracy wasn't meant to be a binary choice between two candidates campaigning on tertiary or worse issues while issues of primary importance get relegated to unelected officials under the name of bipartisanship. Government should not just be either "small "or "big" whilst anyone else entering the fray gets called "divisive ".

Many of Trumps supporters focus on the appeal of a popular leader from the supposed establishment overturning certain establishment norms in order to address the primary concerns of the electorate. He certainly did that. That's why he has a solid fan base.

The rest are smoke and mirrors on both sides.

I was actually going to post a couple of user names that are an exception in another post today. Suffice to say, yours was one of them.

We might not agree on parts of the Ukraine situation amongst many others, but pretty sure that we will if the rumblings of the numbers being ready to cut the US funding/arms helping to ruin Yemen are correct.

Russia stole the 2016 election. Biggest conspiracy theory of all time and you love it.

I was actually going to post a couple of user names that are an exception in another post today. Suffice to say, yours was one of them.

We might not agree on parts of the Ukraine situation amongst many others, but pretty sure that we will if the rumblings of the numbers being ready to cut the US funding/arms helping to ruin Yemen are correct.
I was silly enough to look into this section of tbe forum lol.

If you can watch this video exposing the obvious corruption of a SOS certifying her own election and it doesn't boil your blood your moral compass is broken......or you're just a rabid extreme left wing activist, either way, its synonymous.

Exactly. It's really tough for the GOP because he brings extremist votes with him. The GOP wants those votes but that extremism turns so many people off him and hence the GOP.

They gain some votes in states they will already win but lose votes in swing states.
The majority of pres Trump's preferred candidates won!!.

Could you explain what you mean by Mr Trump's extreme positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back