Potter to take reins from Sheens

Hope to hear good news about Potter soon.

And I think Humphrey's statement is very carefully worded. Right now the club needs to make sure that they minimise legal recourse from Sheens and the quote is along those lines.

If the DT is correct on their mail then i think it's a good appointment. He's more or less what we need right now. Someone with a good track record. Disciplined and the respect of a football community.

@mtd said:
I think u will find parish walked away, not so much was unsuccessful

I would be surprised if this was the case at all. Good Club, Good Players, Great juniors and a shot at the big time.

I am very happy with Mick Potter.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Very happy with this, **but only as long as Georgallis and Simmons are not his assistants.**

_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

you won't be happy then

I read the "new role or separation" thing as purely an accounting decision. The board doesn't have the $900K, but can afford to pay Tim $37.5K per month in his new role as tea-lady until he finally quits, and at that point their reaction will surely be "We're sorry to see you go Tim, but it's your decision - now let's sit down and agree to a payout figure". Saving money at the expense of a faithful long term employee is gutless and disrespectful in my opinion, but others may see it differently. If the board did the honourable thing they would take salary cuts to the tune of $900K over the next two years for allowing this situation to happen.

great news,on Georgallis the players apparently have a huge amount of respect for him just like the Penrith players were & as were most fans when he was signed. I am more than happy with him it is simmons that worries me.

Welcome aboard coach Potter. excellent choice.

2 best coach of the year awards in Super League.

Comes with no baggage.

After all the drama with Sheens and players leaving I am excited again.

Would love to sign him with incentivrs in his contact so if he has reason to perform.

Hope he can keep Marshall's ego and influence in check

Will be very happy when this Is officially announced, was hoping the whole time it was going to be potter, since he has good credentials
\
\

Why are some people reluctant to accept Simmons as a capable new assistant coach? I certainly have no doubts on his ability and welcome his selection.

@Newtown said:
Why are some people reluctant to accept Simmons as a capable new assistant coach? I certainly have no doubts on his ability and welcome his selection.

Cheers Roycie,welcome back

@everett said:
Welcome aboard coach Potter. excellent choice.

2 best coach of the year awards in Super League.

Comes with no baggage.

After all the drama with Sheens and players leaving I am excited again.

Would love to sign him with incentivrs in his contact so if he has reason to perform.

Hope he can keep Marshall's ego and influence in check

Hear Hear!

Mick Potter is a great choice. As a player he won 2 Dally M Medals (one of which in a team that came 9th), he won 2 premierships, made 3 other grand finals - played under some of the best coaches in the game - Ted Glossop, Warren Ryan, Phil Gould, Brian Smith (as well as Craig Young and Peter Mulholland). He was assistant coach to Matt Elliott in a very successful period at the Bradford Bulls, spent 4 yrs coaching premier league (I like a coach with plenty of yrs in the coaching game). He took over a Catalans team that couldn't win a game to save themselves and took them to the Challenge cup final the next yr and to third in Super League the yr after winning aoch of the yr. He then took StHelens too 2 Grand Finals in a row and at Bradford despite having no meny at all and going broke earlier this yr (and himself not getting paid) he managed to have them win enough game s that they would have made the finals if it wasnt for a point deduction and in doing so won coach of the yr again.

He really seems to have everything going for him and I think will do a fantastic job

Mick Potter is the best choice of the coaches that were rumored to have interviewed for the job. Not over rapped in having two assistants from the Sheens era, but their may have been more contracts involved, who knows. My memories of Mick as a footballer were, hard,100%,committed,solid,dependable and durable. They are all the sorts of things we lack

Give him a chance,dont expect instant miricales and bring on a new era of accountability and no more selection games every week. I will not miss Sheens one bit

@tigersrule4life said:
Can Tim Sheens leave already lol his like wants to stay for ever does he know we moving in a new direction. Cant wait for a huge year next year we signed one of the best coaches.

You were saying next yr was going to be huge even before Sheens was sacked. There are subtler ways to make your bandwagon jumping so obvious

Congrats to Potter once the announcement is made. It's re-instilling a sense of excitement in me that left when we crashed and burned at the end of last year. He'll be the fresh voice we want, the younger coach that is all the rage at the moment, has no tigers/magpies history and looks like he wants to get on with the job, no matter who he is coaching. He's done his ESL apprenticeship, and looking at our juniors coming through, NYC, Cubs, SG Ball successes, and the talent (less the intermittent ego trip) we already have on board that when it works is close to the best in the comp…..bring on 2013

@Priest said:
Congrats to Potter once the announcement is made. It's re-instilling a sense of excitement in me that left when we crashed and burned at the end of last year. He'll be the fresh voice we want, the younger coach that is all the rage at the moment, has no tigers/magpies history and looks like he wants to get on with the job, no matter who he is coaching. He's done his ESL apprenticeship, and looking at our juniors coming through, NYC, Cubs, SG Ball successes, and the talent (less the intermittent ego trip) we already have on board that when it works is close to the best in the comp…..bring on 2013

My thoughts exactly, a new era is dawning and that's really exciting.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=539217&tsmp=1350531906

website: [www.redamberandblack.net](http://www.redamberandblack.net)

The above link is the Bulls forum, I was on there to see if there were any opinions from the supporters on Potter and his likely position at the tigers. From what i have read he is well respected and the Bulls fans believe he is deserving and will have a positive impact on the tigers. I believe this is a fair call for fans to say of an outgoing coach as opinions are generally negative in situations where coaches are depearting clubs.

If potter is signed lets hope he proves these opinions to be correct.

What's his brother Harry doing these days. He may come to help. His knowledge of Kridditch may be able to assist moltzen under the high ball.
\
\

Latest posts

Back