Power forward

Don't know why people are speculating about players where nearly all of them are under contract for multiple years. Also funny how half the players listed in the OP have ties to the Tigers.

We've had Gavet, he got injured, conceded penalties etc. Funny how Taupau has turned into a nobody this season after joining that little club across the bridge.

Brown is our best shot at aggro for next season. Not sure we could afford him though.

Paseka runs over the big boys not the little ones. He'll probably get his shot next year. Not many sg ball players train with nrl sides. Kid's something special.

Paseka is massive but runs and tackles hard, most guys his size lumber around cause thats all they've had to do. He's not a sure thing but he's a better chance then most.

Esan Marsters is another to keep in mind.

@Tigertigertiger said:
I'm telling you, they should snap up Nelson what ever his name is from the Storm, has a motor and mongrel

Nelson Solomonia ?????Think he has signed with the chooks for next year

For once we have some good forwards coming up thru the ranks. Lets face it, we are having trouble scraping up cap space for ET, so how do you think we are going to squeeze anymore mid range signings under our cap. What you see now across our grades minus a couple and maybe the odd budget signing is what you can expect to see in 2017…and if Robbie sticks to his gun you possibly will not see anything in the way of signings.

What we do need is a couple of real quality big outside backs, who can run and maybe one is a goal kicker, but once again I can not see that happening

Props:
Taniela Paseka
Date of Birth:08-10-1997
Height:197cm
Weight:120kg

Junior Tatola
Date of Birth:10-11-1996
Height:186cm
Weight:118kg

Pio Sokobalava
Date of Birth:26-04-1996
Height:185cm
Weight:114kg

2nd row
Jakob Giles
Date of Birth:11-02-1997
Height:187cm
Weight:107kg

Esan Marsters
Date of Birth:17-08-1996
Height:187cm
Weight:110kg

Ray Stone
Date of Birth:06-06-1997
Height:179cm
Weight:90kg

definitely agree

but taupau on 650k isnt the answer

we could have made a massive play for junior paulo during the eels exodus. i suspect the raiders got a good deal on him but maybe we didnt have room in our cap paying robbie 950k

@pHyR3 said:
definitely agree

but taupau on 650k isnt the answer

we could have made a massive play for junior paulo during the eels exodus. i suspect the raiders got a good deal on him but maybe we didnt have room in our cap paying robbie 950k

The Raiders already had him from 2017 onwards prior to the Eels cap scandal. They paid for him.

@supercoach said:
@Tigertigertiger said:
I'm telling you, they should snap up Nelson what ever his name is from the Storm, has a motor and mongrel

he would be my pick as well , love the way he plays. looks like the chooks got another batch of brown paper bags.
other than that we do have some big boys coming up, hope we have a coach who can bring them on, oh crap thats right we got JT.

There are some options out there but it's our cap space again hindering us,RF is owed close to a million so that is really going to hurt, add in whatever Sirro the non performer is on for next year and you can see why we are inactive in the player market.

@bp tiger said:
@supercoach said:
@Tigertigertiger said:

he would be my pick as well , love the way he plays. looks like the chooks got another batch of brown paper bags.
other than that we do have some big boys coming up, hope we have a coach who can bring them on, oh crap thats right we got JT.

Nelson Asofa Solomona apparently received an offer that the Storm can't match he may be the way the Tigers keep JAC.

Would love the Tigers to surprise everyone and get someone like Dylan Napa.

@westy81 said:
Shannon Boyd from the raiders would be a nice pick up

I would take Vaughn who is running around in reserve grade, but as I said unless its a bargain basement buy we have no chance. Although if we offload a few contracts things could change and in this day and age that is a distinct possibility. Souths are looking at offloading one of the Burgess boys,if Souths were picking up some of the money that also could be a decent buy, but not at full price

Dylan Napa would be ace. Such a hard hitter, gives it his all every time he plays.
No way should we go anywhere near Packer, we don't need another violent chump like Matt Lodge

JT eyes Moa on the move

Roosters premiership winner Sam Moa has been given an ultimatum to perform or perish for the Tricolours as the last off-contract, big name Chook.

But the writing is on the wall for the popular 29-year-old, and Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor is one who has read it with interest.

Taylor was Trent Robinson’s right hand man during their 2013 title run, which also saw Moa return from Super League and earn his stripes as a key cog in the Roosters engine room.

Moa’s struggles this season have gone hand-in-hand with the club’s dramatic slide down the premiership ladder, and a couple of rivals are sniffing around the nuggety prop with the Chooks poised to show him the door.

Leading that interest is the Tigers, where Moa first gave the NRL a crack after graduating from Keebra Park High a decade ago, before finally making his mark at Bondi following stints with Cronulla and Hull FC.

Ex-Rabbitoh Tim Grant has a new lease on life after landing at Concord, and it’s hoped Moa could do the same if Taylor can fit him into their improving pack for 2017.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/nrl-2016-russell-crowe-joins-rabbitohs-bid-to-recruit-robbie-farah–hot-or-not/news-story/e9c2a4638bcf28199207eaad6d4b4bee

@Tigertigertiger said:

YES YES YES
Nelson Asofa-Solomona

I have liked what i have seen of him too so far
He is pretty effective

On average he plays 28 mins
Compared his stats based on averages again AVA, Sue and Grant and they faired well

http://www.nrl.com/stats/telstrapremiership/playercomparison/tabid/12694/default.aspx

Latest posts

Members online

Back