Prediction for captain 2023

Don’t get me wrong, after a month or two if the original captain isn’t working and the new guy is the best leader, you make the change. I just think Joff derserves first crack based on his on field and off field work this year.
I do too mate, I've been advocating Joffa for captain for ages, I was just creating debate 👍

Klem Api Bateman Joffa are the only sensible ideas i got.the 1st 3 have earned their respect in the game to lead,give them a year to settle in,maybe,
Yep good point, anyway actions speak louder than words, maybe we should have 17 captains and choose the best 1 after 5 rounds 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If Bateman comes give it to him.

Obviously he will drive the team on and after the rorts against us when our club to a conciliatory approach to the officialdom perhaps now we need a confrontational one.

If nothing else it's going to get an us v them feeling going and loads of publicity which will swell the club's coffers some more.

And the Fonz above it all "cool".

Gee, I'm almost looking forward to round 1.

Might check that betting.

Bateman has a screw loose. Same with Klem. Make them co captains 🤣
Oh man I'd love it if we signed Bateman. Write that pack up now with joffa and pole.... who else will have a breakout year in that good pack?
I just had a look at our team and Joffa is a stand out.

I'm not a fan of the co-captain system and would prefer we had an 80 minute player as the Captain; however, our 80 minute players are either: developing (Staines/Laurie) , don't appear to be leaders (Brooks/Nofo) or have a significant deficiencies in their game (AD).

As much as I think Joe has the runs on the board and appears (from Murrumbateman) to have the respect of his peers, and as much as I disliked Api's joke at our expense I think he is the man for the job. I have heard that he was a force at Penrith and he has won a few premierships under different systems. Despite being new to the club he has experience and credibility. I think the team would follow him.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

I'm not a fan of the co-captain system and would prefer we had an 80 minute player as the Captain; however, our 80 minute players are either: developing (Staines/Laurie) , don't appear to be leaders (Brooks/Nofo) or have a significant deficiencies in their game (AD).

As much as I think Joe has the runs on the board and appears (from Murrumbateman) to have the respect of his peers, and as much as I disliked Api's joke at our expense I think he is the man for the job. I have heard that he was a force at Penrith and he has won a few premierships under different systems. Despite being new to the club he has experience and credibility. I think the team would follow him.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
would put the media to sleep,on his remark and what they may blame it on.he just seems like he wants to go about his business.my vote is for Klem,we need to bash our way forward who better to lead

would put the media to sleep,on his remark and what they may blame it on.he just seems like he wants to go about his business.my vote is for Klem,we need to bash our way forward who better to lead
Klem also has runs on the board and has that lead from the front style. I haven't heard much about his personal leadership but he would certainly be in the mix if I was king for a day

Give me three honest sensible reasons why Klemmer couldn't be captain?
1. Big, dumb, oaf. Couldnt imagine him engaging sponsors and the like
2. Hasnt bought into the culture of the club yet, being traded here isnt the same as wanting to come here off your own bat
3. Pretty heavily penalised from memory, goes a bit silly at times. May be a disruptive influence

Until recently I would have opted for Adam Doueihi as captain. Has shown some passion and leadership qualities but $900,000 so how you lost the plot.

Joe Ofahengaue is the man.

Has a brilliant 2022 season and stand out player in a team who got the wooden spoon.
Lead with actions.
Was WT player of the year.
27 years old. Prime of his career for a prop who tend to mature later.
155 NRL games under his belt. 3 games for QLD and 8 games for Tonga.
I know he doesn't play 80 minutes so happy for someone like Bateman to be Vice Captain,

Until recently I would have opted for Adam Doueihi as captain. Has shown some passion and leadership qualities but $900,000 so how you lost the plot.

Has a brilliant 2022 season and stand out player in a team who got the wooden spoon.
Lead with actions.
I know he doesn't play 80 minutes so happy for someone like Bateman to be Vice Captain,
So a guy who is trying to negotiate a pay rise has lost the plot 😂 and no longer captain material?
If he succeeds in getting his $900k contract, then isn’t he the guy you want negotiating penalties with the ref?

Lead with actions.
Agree totally except.for Bateman vc.

I'm not in favour.of new players becoming (C).... Guys like Api yes can lead by example with their footy.... Klemmer Papalii and Bateman just need to worry about their own games.... Ofahengaui is a stand out for (C) imo.... Give Brooks vc when Joe's off... It's not that big a deal

Douehi for me as I don't care about wanting 900k who wouldn't try for more money and don't even know if story true as my source is " social media "

Members online

Back