Props and a Halfback

RatedRKO

With Lote, Ellis and a few others likely to be gone next year, we should have some money to make another signing or two. Who is left to sign though? DCE and Cronk were off contract this year but resigned with their clubs, and I can't think of any decent props off contract either.

Miller should have been blooded this year as our future no7, but now he will be off to greener pastures and their are no other no7s on the market. No no7 and lack of props have cost us big time this year, Sheens can say what he likes but Benji is not a no7 and never will be

@supercoach said:
Miller should have been blooded this year as our future no7, but now he will be off to greener pastures and their are no other no7s on the market. No no7 and lack of props have cost us big time this year, Sheens can say what he likes but Benji is not a no7 and never will be

Did you watch Miller on Friday night in the 20's? He's just not going to make it I don't think…

I have a feeling someone at our club may view Tim Moltzen as our Halfback once Tedesco returns?

But I'd have a crack at getting Trent Hodkinson out of his contract a year early?!

@Tiger Watto said:
I have a feeling someone at our club may view Tim Moltzen as our Halfback once Tedesco returns?

But I'd have a crack at getting Trent Hodkinson out of his contract a year early?!

Was hoping we could trade Rhino and Moltzen for Lewis actually Watto

i raised this point in 2009 about jeff robson.. i doubt he is looking for a contract but he would be the best option imo

trent hodkinson is a good target as well

would LOVEE adam reynold here

maybe, peter wallace may want to come back to nsw??

luke walsh is still a good option imo

i reckon there are plenty of halfbacks, good, average and bad.. we would settle for an average halfback but it depends on the person as well and if they're willing to play second fiddle to benji and farah

props: my choices would be justin poore, dan hunt, <– i think those two are coming off contract
also, shane shackleton, maybe panthers may want sam mckendry to leave, read somewhere he is not big bucks though

imo.^ those are the types of signing we should be looking at instead of getting outside backs and backrowers

@Tiger Watto said:
he is being release mate… there wont be any trades with Penrith.

But the Bulldogs????

All I want to know is what I have to do to get him at the Tigers ??

Justin Poore would be a perfect fit. He's played some good footy lately and he wouldn't cost much more then a beer and a pie

@Blokarter said:
@happy tiger said:
@Tiger Watto said:
he is being release mate… there wont be any trades with Penrith.

But the Bulldogs????

All I want to know is what I have to do to get him at the Tigers ??

My thoughts exactly. A top forward…......

Us CQ boys are pretty smart and think alike :wink:

@GNR4LIFE said:
Justin Poore would be a perfect fit. He's played some good footy lately and he wouldn't cost much more then a beer and a pie

george rose would be cheaper, no need for beer, just give him pie :wink:

Bradford's rugby league players are nervous, but probably none as anxious as Australian Jarrod Sammut, as the Bulls wait for news of a potential buyer for the ailing Super League club.
>
Going into administration with all the uncertainty that it entails has been traumatic for the entire Bulls squad but for former Penrith Panther Sammut, as well as Welshman Elliott Kear and fellow Australian Ben Jeffries, the experience has been painfully familiar.
>
Both Sammut and Kear went through a similar ordeal with their former club Crusaders, who went into administration on the eve of the 2011 season and, although they played out their campaign, they eventually went into liquidation, leaving the players stranded.
>
Jeffries was at Wakefield at the start of last season when they, too, went into administration, although there was a happy ending when new owner Andrew Glover came to the rescue.
>
"It's not nice," said Sammut. "You want to put those things behind you and move forward and, in the space of 12 months, you're going through it again.
>
"I think the situation here and the way it's been handled is more extreme than it was at Crusaders.
>
"Everyone is going through it so you can't just think 'why me?'."
>
The irony has not been lost on Sammut's Bradford teammates, who have made him the butt of their jokes by labelling him a jinx.
>
"It's definitely been thrown around," said Sammut, who believes the turmoil has had a galvanising effect on the players, as demonstrated by their tremendous win at leaders Wigan followed by Sunday's emphatic victory over London Broncos.
>
"At the moment we've just got each other. Obviously we joke about it. We're not too sure what's going to happen at this stage.
>
"In times like this it brings you together. All we can do is support one another. We've also got the fans out there and the general public.
>
"Obviously we need to have a laugh and keep smiling, even though the circumstances are not the greatest.
>
"We're here for one another. At times like these, it just shows why rugby league is one of the greatest sports going around.
>
"We've had support, not just from the local community, but rugby league fans in general and just people out there who are really wanting us to pull through it."
>
The 25-year-old former Panthers halfback is among 17 Bradford players out of contract at the end of the season and concerned over both their long and short-term futures.
>
"It's our livelihoods at stake here," he added.
>
"We've got family and mortgages. At the moment everything rests on the hope that someone will step in and save the club.
>
"I would say anger is there but it's also the frustration of not knowing."

wat do people think of sammut? haven't seen much of him, must want to come back to nrl as well.
i personally haven't seen much of him though

I'll go with Galloway, Woods, Cashmere,Bell, Groat, Pettybourne & Thompson at prop & probably play Benji Marshall at halfback- reckon he's a little better than the other options available.

I might be tempted to play either Anasta, Sironen or Moltzen at 5/8 too- again, better than the likes of Sammut & Robson IMO.

Yeah, reckon that's probably who I'd go with…grass isn't always greener & what-not..

Moltzen will return to the halves when Tedesco returns surely..
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@pacey said:
Moltzen will return to the halves when Tedesco returns surely..
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I doubt it Pacey, we could have had him in the halves and Beau or Reddy at the back but Sheens hasn't even looked like doing that. I think if Tedesco is as good as we expect then Moltz spot may be 14, but Tedesco will need some time in 20's next year to get his confidence back before getting another crack I would have thought.

@Chadman's Ghost said:
I'll go with Galloway, Woods, Cashmere,Bell, Groat, Pettybourne & Thompson at prop & probably play Benji Marshall at halfback- reckon he's a little better than the other options available.

I might be tempted to play either Anasta, Sironen or Moltzen at 5/8 too- again, better than the likes of Sammut & Robson IMO.

Yeah, reckon that's probably who I'd go with…grass isn't always greener & what-not..

Good God!!!

Latest posts

Back