Quick update - Website

@geo said in [Quick update](/post/1498956) said:
@twentyforty said in [Quick update](/post/1498955) said:
@cochise said in [Quick update](/post/1498953) said:
@4jtigers said in [Quick update](/post/1498946) said:
@cochise said in [Quick update](/post/1498879) said:
@twentyforty said in [Quick update](/post/1498876) said:
KUL, keep the up and down voting mate.
Just don’t make the down vote anonymous.
It appears occasionally it may have been used incorrectly.
Add another button, “report” which when clicked has a pop up box for the poster to type their issue. This will also take pressure off the mods. You obviously know a lot more about this stuff than I do, just trying to add some positive thought to the solution?

You can already flag a post

genuine question - not wanting to stir trouble up - why is this option not available to a post by the mods? lol (I just had a look and it doesn't show up to the post by the mods).

![f18298d8-b09f-49e8-8dc6-b2c4687a4805-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1635384215963-f18298d8-b09f-49e8-8dc6-b2c4687a4805-image.png)

Can you try another mod post? It shows up for me and mods have been flagged in the past.

This is what I had earlier.

When you click the 3 dots you should be able to scroll to see all the options available to you

It's not appearing,
Tried, @Kul , @willow , @cochise , @Geo
All the same.

@finesttigers said in [Quick update](/post/1498965) said:
Add another button, “report” which when clicked has a pop up box for the poster to type their issue. This will also take pressure off the mods. You obviously know a lot more about this stuff than I do, just trying to add some positive thought to the solution?

genuine question - not wanting to stir trouble up - why is this option not available to a post by the mods? lol (I just had a look and it doesn't show up to the post by the mods).

![f18298d8-b09f-49e8-8dc6-b2c4687a4805-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1635384215963-f18298d8-b09f-49e8-8dc6-b2c4687a4805-image.png)

Can you try another mod post? It shows up for me and mods have been flagged in the past.

When you click the 3 dots you should be able to scroll to see all the options available to you

It's not appearing,
All the same.

:+1:

Can’t flag a post by the mods. Everyone else I can.

It's not appearing,
All the same.

What device are you using

@geo said in [Quick update](/post/1498968) said:

It's not appearing,
All the same.

I will reply for me - W10 - Surface pro - Chrome browser

@4jtigers said in [Quick update](/post/1498970) said:

It's not appearing,
All the same.

I will reply for me - W10 - Surface pro - Chrome browser

Ok not sure the issue but as it’s happening we will contact @kul …

@geo said in [Quick update](/post/1498963) said:
@twentyforty said in [Quick update](/post/1498959) said:

It has been switching between the two

Can you flag my above. Post..?

No, I also can’t flag mods

It's not appearing,
All the same.

Sorry mate, i just got back, it's a phone android.

@mike said in [Quick update](/post/1498964) said:
@gnr4life said in [Quick update](/post/1498639) said:
It’s where I give a guy like Demps credit. He and I haven’t really seen eye to eye lately, but for a lot of years, he was a serial pest. Then suddenly one day comes back, realises he didn’t carry himself too well at times and owned the fact he was banned a couple times, and tones it down.

Agree. Someone has grown up.

That’s a lovely backhanded compliment

Okay, so apparently some have an issue with abuse, swearing or overt disguised swearing, trolling and the like.
To those forumers - I agree.

Then others have an issue because they can't swear or abuse?
Well I just don't get that.

Constructing a non-aggressive post without swearing on an emotional topic really isn't that hard. Maybe some might need to rise to the challenge!

If not, there are plenty of other League forums that don't care how you conduct yourself, maybe hang out there?

I'm more than happy here checking all the well constructed posts and the odd snippet of inside goss... and quite happy with the Mod's work too- which has actually been a lot of hard dedicated work over many years to keep the site enjoyably 'clean'.

That's what keeps me coming back, not some misplaced, self-perceived, self-centred righteous attitude to be able to express myself however I see fit... Each to their own, the choice is yours!!

@moh said in [Quick update](/post/1499011) said:
Beautiful, up-votes have returned. Thank you for listening.

@JC99 carry on.

Upvote for you

@barra said in [Quick update](/post/1498998) said:
Okay, so apparently some have an issue with abuse, swearing or overt disguised swearing, trolling and the like.
To those forumers - I agree.

**Then others have an issue because they can't swear or abuse?
Well I just don't get that.**

Constructing a non-aggressive post without swearing on an emotional topic really isn't that hard. Maybe some might need to rise to the challenge!

If not, there are plenty of other League forums that don't care how you conduct yourself, maybe hang out there?

I'm more than happy here checking all the well constructed posts and the odd snippet of inside goss... and quite happy with the Mod's work too- which has actually been a lot of hard dedicated work over many years to keep the site enjoyably 'clean'.

That's what keeps me coming back, not some misplaced, self-perceived, self-centred righteous attitude to be able to express myself however I see fit... Each to their own, the choice is yours!!

No... I just wanted to be able to say BS in live game threads to describe ref's decisions

FinestTigers ,is clearly in possession of amazing insight. So a down vote is the equivalent of an insult (just disguised) according to he/she/indeterminate. I wish I had such insight.
As for leaving this place of "whispers",I regret to inform you FinestTigers, that I shant be doing that. But I will look forward to your next serving of non threatening humility.

@crucible said in [Quick update](/post/1499085) said:
FinestTigers ,is clearly in possession of amazing insight. So a down vote is the equivalent of an insult (just disguised) according to he/she/indeterminate. I wish I had such insight.
As for leaving this place of "whispers",I regret to inform you FinestTigers, that I shant be doing that. But I will look forward to your next serving of non threatening humility.

Lol a downvote is the equivalent of an insult?
How did people get so soft….It’s got to be all the chicken breasts being consumed. Eat steak people.

@donk said in [Quick update](/post/1499131) said:

How did people get so soft….It’s got to be all the chicken breasts being consumed. Eat steak people.

No No No, that is not what i meant.
Look guys just don't worry about it and continue with your usual business, i've only came back here only because that damned thing got removed, otherwise i would not have been talking with you about any topic.
Do you need to be reminded again?
So Why do you think @kul removed it?

@finesttigers said in [Quick update](/post/1499140) said:

Look guys just don't worry about it and continue with your usual business, i've only came back here only because that damned thing got removed, otherwise i would not have been talking with you about any topic.

Can we try this again without the smug tone?

@donk said in [Quick update](/post/1499141) said:
@finesttigers said in [Quick update](/post/1499140) said:

Can we try this again without the smug tone?

![IMG_20211028_212432.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1635416714048-img_20211028_212432.jpg)

I think down votes represented the ability of someone to disagree with an opinion, but perhaps without the time or words to express it in a message. That is a very pragmatic and objectively inoffensive option.

As always, something simplistic can be used and abused strategically for a targeted purpose.

Down votes are not the problem, as they have just as much communicative purpose as up votes. It is the targeting of individuals with vitriol that is the problem, whether that is through posts or down votes is immaterial.

Regardless, let's talk footy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back