Quick update - Website

@jadtiger said in [Quick update](/post/1498314) said:
@4jtigers said in [Quick update](/post/1498308) said:
@swordy said in [Quick update](/post/1498301) said:
As I have posted in the recent weeks, the forum seems like it is being infiltrated by idiots, journos and obviously other supporters. Too much effort to sort through the crap comments mostly.

Overall @Kul, you efforts with the forum are appreciated. I have no issues with the Mods. If I deserve a smack I get one and that's exactly what I expect.

I have a work colleague who is a chooks supporter and he told me he is on here. He would cause trouble knowing him (be a troll) and I am still trying to work out who he is.

Not suprised he would come here as it would get very boring on the rorters forum talking to their other 2 supporters

:joy:

I rarely post these days but will occasionally upvote a comment I like. I come onto the Forum to mainly view any rumours concerning possible signings but even this thread gets regularly derailed by discussions on unrelated topics such as a recent long winded Brooks debate even though he has his own thread. I have noticed over the years that there are several people that post on this forum that are argumentative and take comments personally when someone disagrees with their viewpoint. Overall though the mods do a great job so keep it up guys.

@nuggetron said in [Quick update](/post/1498300) said:
@gnr4life said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498291) said:
It was getting a bit out of hand. Anytime someone would get negged, they would quote their own post and complain. People are cowards though, they knew they could neg anonymously. You put a name next to the neg and it happens a whole let less.

i neg plenty, couldn't care less if the name was on there
if someone said to thrown a million at mullen, why waste the time to comment when you can throw up a neg
it depends how you take it, is it a personal attack on you or is it just someone flat out disagreeing with the comment in its entirety?
the comment envelopes the value and intention of the neg; is it me disagreeing with the comment/suggestion and requires no explanation, i just don't think he is worth the money, or is it someone seeing a valid discussion and just creating a storm for no reason
even still we should be adult enough to not really care about the voting status, and to be honest, highly positive and negative comments are generally the ones worth reading

If someone said thriw a million at mullen
I think u can use intuition to assume they r joking

@swordy said in [Quick update](/post/1498301) said:
As I have posted in the recent weeks, the forum seems like it is being infiltrated by idiots, journos and obviously other supporters. Too much effort to sort through the crap comments mostly.

Overall @Kul, you efforts with the forum are appreciated. I have no issues with the Mods. If I deserve a smack I get one and that's exactly what I expect.

It would be great to make the Forum Journo proof. The Journo's pick on member contribution and publish in their News articles.

@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498288) said:
@kul said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498276) said:
Be advised that I have disabled the up/down voting system.

The various incidents over the past few weeks have been both disappointing and, to be frank, embarrassing.

This forum MUST be a place for enthusiastic yet adult discussion about a common interest.

Over the coming weeks I’ll be implementing some changes

Hope it will be a change in the moderators.
Most are great but there's probably 2 that need to be shown the door.
Before you lose any more forum contributors

Mods in the main do a good and difficult job. Unfortunately for them though they need to uphold the standards that this forum is wanting and therefore they cant be involved in the same behaviour they are trying to stamp out.

@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498288) said:
@kul said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498276) said:
Be advised that I have disabled the up/down voting system.

The various incidents over the past few weeks have been both disappointing and, to be frank, embarrassing.

This forum MUST be a place for enthusiastic yet adult discussion about a common interest.

Over the coming weeks I’ll be implementing some changes

Hope it will be a change in the moderators.
Most are great but there's probably 2 that need to be shown the door.
Before you lose any more forum contributors

Can't 'upvote' this but agreed 100%.

@telltails said in [Quick update](/post/1498297) said:
Didnt see a big problem with negs votes - you can't expect everyone to agree with you or like what you say. I see the negs as an opportunity for those to disagree, and prefer indicating it that way than to comment. What is a problem is when some can't accept that we don't all agree and want to continually come at those who share a different view, and then make it personal.

I think we could have kept the downvotes if they werent anonymous. I think the upvotes served a positive role.

@the_patriot said in [Quick update](/post/1498306) said:
Also I see no reason why we couldn't keep a thumbs up feature. One of the best things about this place was seeing a great comment with a stack of up votes.

I have to admit Im missing the upvote already. If they have to go together, I would rather have both (with upvotes not anonymous).

@thedaboss said in [Quick update](/post/1498323) said:
It was getting a bit out of hand. Anytime someone would get negged, they would quote their own post and complain. People are cowards though, they knew they could neg anonymously. You put a name next to the neg and it happens a whole let less.

if someone said to thrown a million at mullen, why waste the time to comment when you can throw up a neg
it depends how you take it, is it a personal attack on you or is it just someone flat out disagreeing with the comment in its entirety?
the comment envelopes the value and intention of the neg; is it me disagreeing with the comment/suggestion and requires no explanation, i just don't think he is worth the money, or is it someone seeing a valid discussion and just creating a storm for no reason
even still we should be adult enough to not really care about the voting status, and to be honest, highly positive and negative comments are generally the ones worth reading

No jokes allowed!

This is the Wests Tigers Forum. We discuss football and football only.

If one would like to make a light hearted comment or an observation one must submit this to their local Obergruppenführer who will advise you if your humour is acceptable. If deemed appropriate, the Obergruppenführer will file your observation in the correct thread. If deemed inappropriate your will face the full force of the system. You have been warned. Enjoy your stay!

@willow said in [Quick update](/post/1498311) said:
@tigerman-0 said in [Quick update](/post/1498309) said:
Who cares if someone knows you downvoted them?! Not like our names and addresses are attached.
Ill downvote without any care at all. BTW this isn’t my real name.
Get a grip

Some people do care though, because they are passionate about rugby league and enjoy talking to others with a common interest. We tried the upvote/downvote system some years ago, and while it started off fine, it also fell by the wayside and was abused by a few which ruined things for the many. Same deal again this time around unfortunately.

I never minded a downvote, particularly if I knew if I had said something controversial or provocative. What was a problem for the forum, IMO was the growing trend that of a group of people here downvoting on a personal basis. What I mean by this is I would see many posts, by me or others effectively saying "water is wet" and it gets down voted. This is clearly because the downvoter is simply expressing a message of I dont like YOU , regardless of what you are posting. This spreads negativity in the forum.

FWIW I Would have liked to have kept the upvotes, if it cant be done without downvotes, have the downvotes not anonymous.

Hilarious that adults get so upset by a little red thumb on a website

Guess I'll eternally the be #2 most upvoted person on the forum

@gnr4life said in [Quick update](/post/1498291) said:

no it wont, id happily neg you if needed

@tigerbalm said in [Quick update](/post/1498337) said:

No jokes allowed!

If one would like to make a light hearted comment or an observation one must submit this to their local Obergruppenführer who will advise you if your humour is acceptable. If deemed appropriate, the Obergruppenführer will file your observation in the correct thread. If deemed inappropriate your will face the full force of the system. You have been warned. Enjoy your stay!

Gold.

Is that a ban-hammer I hear swinging off in the dista

@sparci said in [Quick update](/post/1498354) said:
@gnr4life said in [Quick update](/post/1498291) said:

no it wont, id happily neg you if needed

Feel free

No jokes allowed!

? upvoted

?

I was a regular up/down-voter.

No issues about down-voting being removed - however, I found up-voting useful; when I'm short of time and catching up on old posts, I generally skim read through and pay more attention to the posts with a lot of up-votes as a quick way to get to the important/relevant posts.

Any chance we can have up-votes only @Kul ?

No jokes allowed!

I love you

Staff online

Back