Quick update - Website

@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498387) said:
Nothing's changed.
Bless you guys

PJ, swearing is not on thanks. That has been made very clear, and your continued derided attacks against me are also not appreciated thanks. Please post constructively as I am sure Kul intended for this thread. If you have particular issue with me, take it up with me privately.

@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498386) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Quick update](/post/1498326) said:
@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498288) said:
@kul said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498276) said:
Be advised that I have disabled the up/down voting system.

The various incidents over the past few weeks have been both disappointing and, to be frank, embarrassing.

This forum MUST be a place for enthusiastic yet adult discussion about a common interest.

Over the coming weeks I’ll be implementing some changes

Hope it will be a change in the moderators.
Most are great but there's probably 2 that need to be shown the door.
Before you lose any more forum contributors

Mods in the main do a good and difficult job. Unfortunately for them though they need to uphold the standards that this forum is wanting and therefore they cant be involved in the same behaviour they are trying to stamp out.

Most yeah.
You above all know we need a change, you were having a go at @willow recently.
I have no aspirations of being a moderator, I admire the few who do, but we are not a dictatorship. We all want to come here and have fun, wind down and shoot the shit not be talked down to by mall cops

My problem with Willow was he was having a go at me, out of nothing, based on a private email that wasnt addressed to him and had nothing to do with him.

My problem with Willow or any of the mods isnt the "mall cop" routine. FWIW I think the "mall cop" role of the mods is important and if anything this forum NEEDS more mall cop to improve. This forum has had good standards (no swearing/personal attacks etc) and has been a good place to discuss things. Lately not so much and I wonder if it relates to the mods relaxing the "mall cop" routine slightly in response to many suggestions to lighten up and as a result the envelope gets pushed and pushed to the point where some personal attacks for example get allowed through and perception of a lower standard means that more get attempted.

I think its possible that the mods have attempted to lighten up lately (in response to members requests) and the result is what we have now,

@willow said in [Quick update](/post/1498390) said:
Nothing's changed.
Bless you guys

PJ, swearing is not on thanks. That has been made very clear, and your continued derided attacks against me are also not appreciated thanks. Please post constructively as I am sure Kul intended for this thread. If you have particular issue with me, take it up with me privately.

Haven't personally attacked you once.
I've got nothing against you as a Tigers supporter, I've never met you.
I think @Kul needs to replace you.
Come see how the other half lives

@tiger5150 said in [Quick update](/post/1498391) said:
I think **its possible that the mods have attempted to lighten up lately** (in response to members requests) and the result is what we have now,

I don't think I could disagree more.

Nothing's changed.
Bless you guys

I thought you handed in your badge willow? you were going pretty hard in the paint against Kul at one point recently.

@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498392) said:
Nothing's changed.
Bless you guys

We'll agree to disagree then PJ.

The various incidents over the past few weeks have been both disappointing and, to be frank, embarrassing.

This forum MUST be a place for enthusiastic yet adult discussion about a common interest.

Mods in the main do a good and difficult job. Unfortunately for them though they need to uphold the standards that this forum is wanting and therefore they cant be involved in the same behaviour they are trying to stamp out.

Most yeah.
I have no aspirations of being a moderator, I admire the few who do, but we are not a dictatorship. We all want to come here and have fun, wind down and shoot the shit not be talked down to by mall cops

My problem with Willow was he was having a go at me, out of nothing, based on a private email that wasnt addressed to him and had nothing to do with him.

My problem with Willow or any of the mods isnt the "mall cop" routine. FWIW I think the "mall cop" role of the mods is important and if anything this forum NEEDS more mall cop to improve. This forum has had good standards (no swearing/personal attacks etc) and has been a good place to discuss things. Lately not so much and I wonder if it relates to the mods relaxing the "mall cop" routine slightly in response to many suggestions to lighten up and as a result the envelope gets pushed and pushed to the point where some personal attacks for example get allowed through and perception of a lower standard means that more get attempted.

I think its possible that the mods have attempted to lighten up lately (in response to members requests) and the result is what we have now,

While it needs to be moderated, we are not children. When I go off my head during some games then delete my posts, no problem at all.
No need to talk down to me or have a go at me personally about the posts content.
Simple

@willow said in [Quick update](/post/1498398) said:
@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498392) said:
Nothing's changed.
Bless you guys

We'll agree to disagree then PJ.

Downvote.
First time I have..

@pascoes_barber said in [Quick update](/post/1498396) said:
I think **its possible that the mods have attempted to lighten up lately** (in response to members requests) and the result is what we have now,

Well based on the fact that Pascoes Barber has only been here since end of July you dont have much of a reference, but for the sake of the discussion lets assume that you were here as another name previously....

I think that the Mods are busy now putting out fires where as previously they were stricter with swearing/personal attacks/behaviour and stomped harder and earlier on little spotfires before they became bigger. It also meant people were less likely to light little fires in the first place.

I might be wrong.

@pj said in [Quick update](/post/1498399) said:

Most yeah.

While it needs to be moderated, we are not children. When I go off my head during some games then delete my posts, no problem at all.
No need to talk down to me or have a go at me personally about the posts content.
Simple

Its kind of the point Im making. If you (and everyone here) know the standard the mods are setting, where is the harm in sticking with it? Is it swearing you want to be able to express?

The mods aren’t perfect, I’m sure they would even admit to that. But the constant whinging about how oppressed it is on here, from the same posters over and over makes you wonder why they even stay on here. They’ll only go as far as saying other people are walking away from the forum, not them though. It’s kind of like using Twitter as a platform to complain….about Twitter. And usually it’s posters who have been banned multiple times. And instead of manning up and owning it, it’s someone else’s fault.

@tiger5150 said in [Quick update](/post/1498402) said:

Well based on the fact that Pascoes Barber has only been here since end of July you dont have much of a reference, but for the sake of the discussion lets assume that you were here as another name previously....

That would be an incorrect assumption FWIW.

I think that the Mods are busy now putting out fires where as previously they were stricter with swearing/personal attacks/behaviour and stomped harder and earlier on little spotfires before they became bigger. It also meant people were less likely to light little fires in the first place.

I might be wrong.

I think you are. The overall tone of the place has become very serious/boring/depressing over the past couple of weeks. Absolutely nothing to do with swearing or personal attacks.

If you read through all the other responses you will see I am not the only one to note this.

Anyway, good luck with it all.

@GNR4LIFE whinging about other people whinging is peak WTF.

@pascoes_barber said in [Quick update](/post/1498411) said:

I might be wrong.

I think you are. The overall tone of the place has become very ***serious/boring/depressing*** over the past ***couple of weeks***. Absolutely nothing to do with swearing or personal attacks.

If you read through all the other responses you will see I am not the only one to note this.

OK, well if you are legitimately new then that makes sense. The boring and depressing parts over the last *couple of weeks* will be predominantly because our team is crap right now (depressing) and it is the off season and nothing is happening (boring). If there was football happening it is less likely that there would be 5 pages a day about how crap Luke Brooks is.

What Im talking about is more the nastiness and aggression and constant fighting that seems to have risen in the forum over the last probably 6 months. Again I could be wrong and it could have nothing to do with the Mods, it could be a result of the performance of the team but Tigers have sucked for a long time now and IMO there has been a marked change in the forum over the last 6-12 months.

@tiger5150 said in [Quick update](/post/1498416) said:
@pascoes_barber said in [Quick update](/post/1498411) said:

I might be wrong.

I think you are. The overall tone of the place has become very ***serious/boring/depressing*** over the past ***couple of weeks***. Absolutely nothing to do with swearing or personal attacks.

OK, well if you are legitimately new then that makes sense. The boring and depressing parts over the last *couple of weeks* will be predominantly because our team is crap right now (depressing) and it is the off season and nothing is happening (boring). If there was football happening it is less likely that there would be 5 pages a day about how crap Luke Brooks is.

What Im talking about is more the nastiness and aggression and constant fighting that seems to have risen in the forum over the last probably 6 months. Again I could be wrong and it could have nothing to do with the Mods, it could be a result of the performance of the team but Tigers have sucked for a long time now and IMO there has been a marked change in the forum over the last 6-12 months.

Willow has pretty much admitted his hands are tied in regards to banning people these days. I think atm bans only consist of a week or two. There’s definitely a correlation there. I think people know that and let loose a whole lot easier these days because they know the consequences aren’t as severe as they were previously

@tigerbalm said in [Quick update](/post/1498397) said:
Nothing's changed.
Bless you guys

I thought you handed in your badge willow? you were going pretty hard in the paint against Kul at one point recently.

That's a separate issue. The forum has changed somewhat over the years and has always relied on moderation as not everyone who joins on here, respects or plays by the rules. As an FYI when someone is banned, a reason is given and despite what some people on here may think about me, I can justify every permanent banning I've ever issued. Having said that, I'm not the only one responsible for that. We attempted to relax our stance earlier this year as some users started to swear more and more frequently, but that didn't work - members complained that it was degrading threads, and we (the moderation team) agreed so we went back to sticking with the rules as they currently are. We don't want this place turning into the forums on LU, that would really drive members away. We sought support from Kul, but he hasn't responded to us for reasons unknown. I'm sure he's busy with other things though and is enjoying life in Europe.

Yes, it's Kul's forum, no one is disputing that, but there has been no discussion from him regarding a relaxing of the rules or otherwise. So until that happens, we will continue to moderate within those rules. Admittedly I let my frustrations get the better of me last week and I regret that, but this place can get pretty depressing during the offseason, particularly given the way WT finished the season. It left a sour taste in many people's minds I feel and we have had more and more members having a go at one another - that's naturally going to deter people away from the forum. The upvote/downvote system also played a part in that which I suspect is something that has annoyed Kul - maybe I've annoyed him too, I don't know.

Sticking to topics is another reason why people lose interest - the signing and rumours thread is the best example - not a lot of substance in there and it's probably the most popular thread as we're all keen on reading who the latest potential signing may be, but there's very little quality content in there and every time we ask people to stick to topic, or clean up posts which are just spam, it degrades the very next day.

I spend a lot of time on here and because I delete a lot of posts that either contain swearing or involve personal attacks against other members - and some of those are ban worthy in accordance with the rules. This probably paints a bit of a target on my back because I've been on here a long time.

We have no idea what changes Kul has in store for the forum. It would certainly be nice to know as this thread has already generated a decent amount of comment and I think all members on here would like to continue to be a part of the forum moving forward. Let's see what the future holds, hopefully Kul can shed some light on that soon.

@willow said in [Quick update](/post/1498418) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Quick update](/post/1498397) said:
Nothing's changed.
Bless you guys

That's a separate issue. The forum has changed somewhat over the years and has always relied on moderation as not everyone who joins on here, respects or plays by the rules. As an FYI when someone is banned, a reason is given and despite what some people on here may think about me, I can justify every permanent banning I've ever issued. Having said that, I'm not the only one responsible for that. We attempted to relax our stance earlier this year as some users started to swear more and more frequently, but that didn't work - members complained that it was degrading threads, and we (the moderation team) agreed so we went back to sticking with the rules as they currently are. We don't want this place turning into the forums on LU, that would really drive members away. We sought support from Kul, but he hasn't responded to us for reasons unknown. I'm sure he's busy with other things though and is enjoying life in Europe.

Yes, it's Kul's forum, no one is disputing that, but there has been no discussion from him regarding a relaxing of the rules or otherwise. So until that happens, we will continue to moderate within those rules. Admittedly I let my frustrations get the better of me last week and I regret that, but this place can get pretty depressing during the offseason, particularly given the way WT finished the season. It left a sour taste in many people's minds I feel and we have had more and more members having a go at one another - that's naturally going to deter people away from the forum. The upvote/downvote system also played a part in that which I suspect is something that has annoyed Kul - maybe I've annoyed him too, I don't know.

Sticking to topics is another reason why people lose interest - the signing and rumours thread is the best example - not a lot of substance in there and it's probably the most popular thread as we're all keen on reading who the latest potential signing may be, but there's very little quality content in there and every time we ask people to stick to topic, or clean up posts which are just spam, it degrades the very next day.

I spend a lot of time on here and because I delete a lot of posts that either contain swearing or involve personal attacks against other members - and some of those are ban worthy in accordance with the rules. This probably paints a bit of a target on my back because I've been on here a long time.

We have no idea what changes Kul has in store for the forum. It would certainly be nice to know as this thread has already generated a decent amount of comment and I think all members on here would like to continue to be a part of the forum moving forward. Let's see what the future holds, hopefully Kul can shed some light on that soon.

:+1:

@pascoes_barber said in [Quick update](/post/1498414) said:
Anyway, good luck with it all.

@GNR4LIFE whinging about other people whinging is peak WTF.

I mean, you can deny you haven’t been here before, but the mods would know

Staff online

Back