Radio Comments

NJLM78

Not sure if anyone else heard it this morning.

On 2UE coming out of the 11am news Stuart Bocking took aim at the Tigers. Nothing that we already don't know but it was interesting that he got stuck into them the way he did for a solid 5 or 6 minutes on a show not really known for discussing many sporting issues.

He said along the lines of - 'They talk about Royal commissions into the Banking Sector. There should be a royal Commission into the Wests Tigers'. The club is a basket case who hit a high water mark in 2005 winning the competition and since then have gone from one disaster to the next. They had the chance to be one of the top clubs in Sydney and have squandered every opportunity.

He labelled the performance on Saturday as completely unacceptable for NRL standard. That the players appeared to 'give up'. That either there is a serious coaching issue or the players are very much over rated. He said apart from Tedesco they had no other players at NRL standard. They have paid far too much for certain players over the past 10 years for what they have got in return. For years people keep hearing about the young talent and bright future the club has, yet they have nothing to show for it. They were beaten by 50 plus points by Canberra, not the Broncos. Players scoring with ease the way the Raiders did is a complete disgrace.

He said watching games like Saturdays made him glad he didn't support an NRL team as fans of the Tigers must now have simply had enough. The club has told Jason Taylor that he will be there till the end of the year but by that time they will be fighting out the Wooden Spoon once again.
\
\
Anyway as I said, nothing we don't know but thought I would share it as it was interesting listening.

You would think that we are the only club thats copped a flogging. Our worst loss prior to this game was 12 points, and in that time we have played the eels and the sharks. Always worse when its the tigers.

Sheens copped floggings like this, as did Balmain and Wests prior to the merger. From the first try it was clear that they were going to put a cricket score on us. My major concern is that players didn't put in to prove a point or to destabilize the coach. If this is the case, or if the coach perceives this to be the case, then drop them immediately - no matter who they are.

I don't know that it is worth hitting panic stations just yet…

The Balmain side of the jv ruined it all. That's fact.
Shady deals in the board room that lost us our leagues club and some people rich if the development went through. Also nepotism was rife regarding our roster but that's another topic.
They were gutted from the inside and I feel for wests having to stump the cash for our recklessness.

@matchball said:
The Balmain side of the jv ruined it all. That's fact.
Shady deals in the board room that lost us our leagues club and some people rich if the development went through. Also nepotism was rife regarding our roster but that's another topic.
They were gutted from the inside and I feel for wests having to stump the cash for our recklessness.

Agree but they had a lot of help from the local council and state government.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/4/audio-jason-taylor-under-pressure-after-hapless-wests-tigers-slump-to-sixth-loss-of-season/

"The other problem for Jason Taylor is that it's much cheaper and easier to replace a coach than four or five players."

Interesting listen…

I haven't been here for about 16 months ,are we still playing the Wests v Balmain ? We won the comp in 05 and we should have kicked on as a great club , but in today's environment the top clubs have a rich beneficiarie paying the third party agreements.put simply we will never compete . The strong clubs are the clubs with the money

We win the first two games and people from within and outside the club were getting very excited and talking top eight,even top four…..six weeks on we are back to being a basket case.

The bottom line we have a team of state cupers bar Teddy and Woods. No coach could get this roster winning fifty percent of their games. Yes Taylor should be shipped off,but that is because he refuses to drop non performing players,but maybe his hands are tired from above. Without some serious recruitment,this club will continue to be a shambles

@1/4 chicken said:
I haven't been here for about 16 months ,are we still playing the Wests v Balmain ? We won the comp in 05 and we should have kicked on as a great club , but in today's environment the top clubs have a rich beneficiarie paying the third party agreements.put simply we will never compete . The strong clubs are the clubs with the money

I'd say the strong clubs are the ones that know how to make money. They don't just find it under their pillow.

@Tigersmurf said:
You would think that we are the only club thats copped a flogging. Our worst loss prior to this game was 12 points, and in that time we have played the eels and the sharks. Always worse when its the tigers.

Sheens copped floggings like this, as did Balmain and Wests prior to the merger. From the first try it was clear that they were going to put a cricket score on us. My major concern is that players didn't put in to prove a point or to destabilize the coach. If this is the case, or if the coach perceives this to be the case, then drop them immediately - no matter who they are.

I don't know that it is worth hitting panic stations just yet…

Yeah, no your right, everything is fine. Massive tripper.

Back