Reddy Axed...

This sounds promising for the Farah Saga… Pascoe give Robbie his bunny, does this mean Robbie gives us what we want?

People like Reddy are good for any club. His wealth of experience has no value, and Rod will be at a new club by the end of next week.

@Tiger Watto said:
This sounds promising for the Farah Saga… Pascoe give Robbie his bunny, does this mean Robbie gives us what we want?

People like Reddy are good for any club. His wealth of experience has no value, and Rod will be at a new club by the end of next week.

Rocket was a good player and that's about it.
Plenty of good players from our JV teams could fill his place - well, maybe not.

As I said yesterday when this was still a rumour, with the likelihood of Farah going nowhere the club needed a fall guy and Reddy was the man and reading behind the lines he was also the guy that was stirring the pot.

The club can now get on with preparing for 2016 with Farah on board. My only wish is Farah commits 100% to the Tigers and retires from SOO

A number of people might want Robbie gone on this forum, however feedback from Mad Monday suggests the players want Taylor gone!

Clearly Reddy is the 'scapegoat and I don't think you will see any club snap him up too soon, unless his mate Smithy gives him a start!

I pretty sure JT did appoint Reddy. I remember an interview with JT going something like this "I hadn't thought much about Ass Coaches, I was driving when the phone rang. It was Rocket ringing to congratulate me. Then I thought, we coached pretty well at Parra. So I chose him"

@Swordy said:
Just out of curiosity, were these appointments such as Reddy, Cameron , Fletcher, Kimmorley etc all 100% Taylor, or were they 90% appointed before he came and then a rushed announcement before the pre season started? Mayer was still here andvthe board had not been in long.

Just wondering whether the blame for these appointments is squarely on Taylor, or were they hurried garbage appointments as the timeline might otherwise indicate?

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.4_

They were all Taylor appointments, they are all mates of his from his Parra days. Kidwell was already contracted so no say there, but Taylor was the one who approved Fletcher for the NSW Cup job for 2 years then wanted him gone after one. Seems like he's shifted the blame literally everywhere but on himself.

@Benjirific said:
@Swordy said:
Just out of curiosity, were these appointments such as Reddy, Cameron , Fletcher, Kimmorley etc all 100% Taylor, or were they 90% appointed before he came and then a rushed announcement before the pre season started? Mayer was still here andvthe board had not been in long.

Just wondering whether the blame for these appointments is squarely on Taylor, or were they hurried garbage appointments as the timeline might otherwise indicate?

They were all Taylor appointments, they are all mates of his from his Parra days. Kidwell was already contracted so no say there, but Taylor was the one who approved Fletcher for the NSW Cup job for 2 years then wanted him gone after one. Seems like he's shifted the blame literally everywhere but on himself.

Shifting blame? Where is this all coming from? Perhaps the board are moving these guys on in order to make JT wholly accountable, or streamlining the coaching.

Everyone is so ready to bleat about unfair speculation and innuendo surrounding Farah without any solid facts yet are ready to do the same to other people within the Tigers organisation.

@Concerned 14 said:
A number of people might want Robbie gone on this forum, however feedback from Mad Monday suggests the players want Taylor gone!

Clearly Reddy is the 'scapegoat and I don't think you will see any club snap him up too soon, unless his mate Smithy gives him a start!

Concerned 14, what feedback from Mad Monday? I missed it. Can you please let me know or post a link etc?

@Chris said:
What exactly was his role at the Tigers? As I remember, the televised meeting at the start of the year, the way JT explained it was he was a "go between coach" for 1st Grade and NSW Cup? I could never understand what that role entailed other than being a gofer for JT.

Paul Stringer will have similar duties from the sounds of it. :question:

@Tiger Watto said:

Glad he's not at our club anymore… Big smile :smiley:

@NT Tiger said:
@Concerned 14 said:

Concerned 14, what feedback from Mad Monday? I missed it. Can you please let me know or post a link etc?

Oh goody, more "a friend of a friend goes to the same cat grooming parlour as Woodsy's cousin and he said…"

@Cultured Bogan said:
@Benjirific said:
@Swordy said:

Shifting blame? Where is this all coming from? Perhaps the board are moving these guys on in order to make JT wholly accountable, or streamlining the coaching.

Everyone is so ready to bleat about unfair speculation and innuendo surrounding Farah without any solid facts yet are ready to do the same to other people within the Tigers organisation.

Agree.

Shifting blame for what??

Fletcher has been there for years and check out the results of the reserve grade over the past couple of years. Of course he had to go.

As for Kimmorley, he has been belted from pillar to post on this forum for the way he coached the NYC and "shopped" some of our young players to other clubs. You wanted him gone and now he is, and yet Taylor only got rid of him because he was frightened he may take the first grade job?

It seems to me that a lot of people are happy with what has gone on lately, including me. Let's see how things pan out next year.

This Taylor bashing really has to stop. It is non productive and is driving fair minded fans crazy.

As for Farah. It looks like he may stay and if he does his selection will be made on his form, not on his name or length of service. This is how it should be for everyone.

Reddy is another former great player who never made the transition to become a great coach. Could never see what if anything he actually bought to our club.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@NT Tiger said:
@Concerned 14 said:

Oh goody, more "a friend of a friend goes to the same cat grooming parlour as Woodsy's cousin and he said…"

Yep. That's how it goes CB. :laughing:

@Curaeus said:
Reddy is another former great player who never made the transition to become a great coach. Could never see what if anything he actually bought to our club.

How much time did you spend at training to make this judgement

Reddy was a long time unemployed before JT ran out of options and could think of no one else other than Reddy. Doubt he'll find another job in the NRL now.

With a bit more time under his belt to plan, let's see who JT brings on as his assistants.

Sounds like Peters - NYC
Stringer - NSW Cup + NRL
NRL Assistants, Kidwell + 1-2 others

I'm more than happy for younger coaches with (hopefully) fresh modern approaches getting a go. No-one really knew what Cameron or Reddy did anyway, having a clearer management structure and coaches specifically recruited for that structure can only be a good thing!

Dont you guys even read the articles??
Reddy had been at the club for a couple of seasons before even JT was considered for head coach.
I love how its his fault though.

" Reddy, a former Dragons and Steelers backrower who represented Australia in 17 Tests, has been part of the Tigers staff in recent seasons"

@matchball said:
Dont you guys even read the articles??
Reddy had been at the club for a couple of seasons before even JT was considered for head coach.
I love how its his fault though.

No he wasn't mate here is an exert from an article when JT signed him.

"Rod Reddy and I worked together previously at Parramatta. To be honest, we chatted to a few guys about that role and for one reason or another, things didn't work out with getting them on board. Then one day I was driving and racking my brain about the role, then my phone rang and it was Rod Reddy. He said, 'I'm not sure if there is anything going at the moment, but keep me in mind'. It was perfect timing."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/wests-tigers/jason-taylor-all-set-for-first-day-of-preseason-training-at-wests-tigers-20141104-11gsn4.html#ixzz3ogRoISbM
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

What's Geoff Toovey up to? Would be the perfect opportunity to hire some quality assistant coaches with 2 positions available

@marzie said:
What's Geoff Toovey up to? Would be the perfect opportunity to hire some quality assistant coaches with 2 positions available

I would think that Taylor would perceive Toovey as a threat so I could not see this happening imo.

Latest posts

Back