review and some positives

hsvjones

I know we were terrible and are going to cop it in the media for the next few weeks and deservingly so but just a few things to remember:
The storm had most of the ball and got some lucky tries and even Bellyache said that in the Press conference and once a team that is at the top of there game is going well they are hard to stop. Everything went right for them and nothing for us. (our fault)

I have been saying this for a while now but I really listened to the ref tonight and without sounding like a sore loser I just feel we don't get a fair share of the calls. E.g. Every time when we tackle them the ref would be yelling at us to get off straight away so they get quick play the balls but when they tackled us he hardly said anything. They just laid all over us until there defensive line was ready and that is a massive advantage. This happens quite a lot in games and would love for this 6 again calls scraped so the ref cannot favour teams. The end of game stats don't always tell a story either as we generally get our calls at the end of games and on the 1st tackle compared to others.

They get a player sent to the sin bin after the fact and we didn't even get a penalty for it in live play.. How that was missed was a joke in itself and Joe O had to leave the field.

We have some massive problems and need to look in our back yard but FFS clubs like us need a fair go to be competitive let alone a chance to win.

Some positives: (not many)

The last 3 tries we looked a lot better and can see our attack going fine moving forward.
We looked dangerous attacking the line and feel if we held onto the ball we would of scored some more unlike other team who play Storm. (They are a class above and I don't think even the Panthers would beat them)

As much as its hard to listen to foxsports with Anasta and Ennis bagging us every time they open there mouths but they did have a great point. WE LACK LEADERSHIP and should be trying to buy Dale Finucane.
We have the funds and I think as a club for us to move forward we need to buy Finucane and Brendan Smith and even if it means paying overs... Every commentator says the same thing about him and the leadership he brings both on and off the field. Us fans deserve better and confident they would but be another Packer / Reynolds signings.

I wish we had a game next week now but we have 2 weeks to think about this result. :face_palm:

Just my thoughts

@hsvjones said in [review and some positives](/post/1393215) said:
I know we were terrible and are going to cop it in the media for the next few weeks and deservingly so but just a few things to remember:
The storm had most of the ball and got some lucky tries and even Bellyache said that in the Press conference and once a team that is at the top of there game is going well they are hard to stop. Everything went right for them and nothing for us. (our fault)

I have been saying this for a while now but I really listened to the ref tonight and without sounding like a sore loser I just feel we don't get a fair share of the calls. E.g. Every time when we tackle them the ref would be yelling at us to get off straight away so they get quick play the balls but when they tackled us he hardly said anything. They just laid all over us until there defensive line was ready and that is a massive advantage. This happens quite a lot in games and would love for this 6 again calls scraped so the ref cannot favour teams. The end of game stats don't always tell a story either as we generally get our calls at the end of games and on the 1st tackle compared to others.

They get a player sent to the sin bin after the fact and we didn't even get a penalty for it in live play.. How that was missed was a joke in itself and Joe O had to leave the field.

We have some massive problems and need to look in our back yard but FFS clubs like us need a fair go to be competitive let alone a chance to win.

The last 3 tries we looked a lot better and can see our attack going fine moving forward.
We looked dangerous attacking the line and feel if we held onto the ball we would of scored some more unlike other team who play Storm. (They are a class above and I don't think even the Panthers would beat them)

As much as its hard to listen to foxsports with Anasta and Ennis bagging us every time they open there mouths but they did have a great point. WE LACK LEADERSHIP and should be trying to buy Dale Finucane.
We have the funds and I think as a club for us to move forward we need to buy Finucane and Brendan Smith and even if it means paying overs... Every commentator says the same thing about him and the leadership he brings both on and off the field. Us fans deserve better and confident they would but be another Packer / Reynolds signings.

I wish we had a game next week now but we have 2 weeks to think about this result. :face_palm:

Just my thoughts

We forfeiting v Souths Jonesy ??

I have been saying this for a while now but I really listened to the ref tonight and without sounding like a sore loser I just feel we don’t get a fair share of the calls.

Jonesy we conceded 66 points.

Look at the storms roster then look at our piss poor managed rabble .

That’s why they’re top of the comp

I wasn’t expecting anything less than copping a shellacking tonight ..

Just my thoughts

What we do every game is..in the first few minutes, our back 3 make stupid errors and put us on he back foot. This game was no different with Talau, Maoumalo and Laurie doing the initial damage.
This is why it’s so important to be strong in the kick return metres, it sets the standard for each set of six.
Eliminating those errors in the first 15 minutes will go a long way to building teamwork.

We were never going to beat them. I tipped them hoping I might jag a bonus win lol. But we never ever get a fair shake from the officials. This was just another. They got numerous repeat sets - we couldn't buy one. Munsters forward pass for the second try. Munsters held up over the line for a week 5 minutes before planting it down for a try. These small things make an enormous difference. How much ball did we have first half? Not a lot. No chance of competing under those circumstances. But we were bad - really bad. I kind of thought 40-50 bad, but didn't expect it to be in 40 minutes.

There's no positives to come out of tonight. None whatsoever. We saw the real makeup and resolve of the team tonight and it was dark.

@avocadoontoast said in [review and some positives](/post/1393222) said:
I have been saying this for a while now but I really listened to the ref tonight and without sounding like a sore loser I just feel we don’t get a fair share of the calls.

We were lucky it was not 90 the way it was going :face_palm:

@happy_tiger said in [review and some positives](/post/1393221) said:

Just my thoughts

We forfeiting v Souths Jonesy ??

My Heart and Head say yes please :eyes:

@willow said in [review and some positives](/post/1393235) said:
There's no positives to come out of tonight. None whatsoever. We saw the real makeup and resolve of the team tonight and it was dark.

I didn’t want to look 😲

Only positive is the game ended that's about it

@wt2k said in [review and some positives](/post/1393246) said:

Though we extended it with the stupid ref challenge, what were we thinking?

Yeh, I’m happy these games don’t go fo anymore than 80min.

@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393249) said:

just wanted to punish us fans a little bit more

Did you beat Keefy in the arm wrestle?

@rustycage said in [review and some positives](/post/1393233) said:
We were never going to beat them. I tipped them hoping I might jag a bonus win lol. But we never ever get a fair shake from the officials. This was just another. They got numerous repeat sets - we couldn't buy one. Munsters forward pass for the second try. Munsters held up over the line for a week 5 minutes before planting it down for a try. These small things make an enormous difference. How much ball did we have first half? Not a lot. No chance of competing under those circumstances. But we were bad - really bad. I kind of thought 40-50 bad, but didn't expect it to be in 40 minutes.

Spot on mate... I made a coffee while Munster was rolling around trying to get the ball down..
Pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot the ref makes these calls against us.
That's my only request before all games is that we get a fair share of the calls.

@hobbo1 said in [review and some positives](/post/1393252) said:

Did you beat Keefy in the arm wrestle?

He was too scared to take up the challenge.

@avocadoontoast said in [review and some positives](/post/1393222) said:

The ref was to blame for at least 6 of those points though.

@willow said in [review and some positives](/post/1393235) said:

Cannot disagree but at least we got 3 tries.. otherwise I think it would of been 80 nil
I am trying to have something to hang onto for the next 2 weeks

Back