review and some positives

First and foremost Melbourne were exceptional, nothing else that happened can take that fact away. Secondly, we didn't play well last night because, Melbourne didn't let us, pure and simple, no dodgy calls, no ref favoritism, etc, If we didn't know it already, good teams attack you just as much without the ball as with it.
This was the reality check, not last week.

"I really listened to the ref tonight and without sounding like a sore loser I just feel we don’t get a fair share of the calls."

Refs tend to lean towards the better team. They're like teachers who encourage bullies. Basically mob animals.

The solution is to farcify the refereeing. Lay all over them and keep doing it. The more players sin-binned, the better. When 1 or 2 players are in the bin, it reflects badly on the club. When it's 3 or 4, it reflects badly on the NRL.

If you're going to cop a 10 grand fine for criticising the refs, add in a criticism of Vlandys for free. Throw a spanner in the works. Get the entire rugby league community talking about it.

Positive, I'm glad I missed the game.

On seeing a loss, I wasn't surprised, the scoreline however.....

40-0 at half time is fairly atrocious, I guess at least the 2nd half was a fraction better losing that 26-16.

I think I've numbed myself to these losses, just not feeling much of anything at this stage.

The only positive is that Madge is one game closer to the end of his contract.

As are the rest of the squad.

Only positives for me are:

1) we don't have to play them again this season
2) we didn't get a donut

Unfortunately unless they make some serious changes asap this won't be the first score of 50 that gets put against us

Panthers are already licking their lips thinking of their upcoming home game against us

Not being nasty but even after sleeping on it I can’t find one positive.
The most pathetic performance I’ve ever seen.
Madge,Luciano,Talau,Nofa,Tamou,Liddle,Mbye all need to be moved on or spend some time in NSW cup.
Laurie had an absolute shocker.zero confidence when the opposition makes a break that he will stop them.in his defence,he shouldn’t be having to make so many tackles.
Melbourne we’re clinical,they we’re always going to beat us,but they had as beat after the FIRST set,I’ve never seen that before lol

The Storm training and bonding basically 24/7 whether in Twin Waters or Melb shows in the way they combine. Even their plodder bench forwards are made to look like playmakers. Worth 30pts against teams like us. Like Penrith. Maybe we should tether our lot together like orpaned calves for a week.

@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393377) said:
@izotope said in [review and some positives](/post/1393372) said:
No positives we've already played the knights and dragons twice

Strap in for the rest of the season!

Still have the Doggies

I reckon they would have killed us last night. I can’t remember us ever playing worse.

@mighty-mouse said in [review and some positives](/post/1393285) said:
Why bother complaining about the refs - they could have given us 50 pens and a few bins and it wouldn’t have made any difference.

Actually, it would have.

As Bellamy said himself, he has never seen anything like it where everything his team did went right and everything WT did went wrong.

We were pathetic. But i did see glimpses of promise. By that I mean if you throw in a Finucane in our defense, it would be different. We are missing one or two experienced work horses that are the keystone.

As a team combining, we are pathitic. Individually, Brooks, Liddle, Seyfarth, Garner were fair at best. But fair is way better than garbage, and in that list goes mbye, mbye, mbye, roberts, mbye, luciano, Talau, mbye, talau and everyone else. Mbye and talau are compketely effortless most weeks and have to go.

@tiger-tragic said in [review and some positives](/post/1393435) said:
And, how good is Craig Bellamy? IMO, he is far and away the best rugby league coach EVER.

Sure, Bennett has had some success with his one town team and rich pickings at the Broncos, and Robinson has been the beneficiary of talent provided by Nick's sombrero, but Bellamy recruits and makes ok players into good ones, or good ones into stars of the game.

The other coaches are not on the same planet as this bloke. All credit to him, I never begrudge his success. I hope he adds to it with another title in 2021.

And to think we almost signed him, I wonder what would have happened if he came here.

Storm beat us by 50, they beat Souths who are coming 3rd by 50.

I never thought we were a top 2 team and neither did anyone else. We didnt play worse then Raiders or Dragons or Knights or Warriors yesterday we just happened to be facing the best team in the comp at virtually full strength on a good day while they were playing each other.

Storm were way to good and everything went their way.

Forget about it move on and remember the team coming 3rd lost to them just as badly as we did

@willow said in [review and some positives](/post/1393235) said:
There's no positives to come out of tonight. None whatsoever. We saw the real makeup and resolve of the team tonight and it was dark.

The positives are there will be changes
Changes to the team line up
Changes to player positions
Changes to the coaching staff
There has to be because we can't be producing the same results
It's madness
Who wants to watch their team get beaten or flogged each week
The whole structure of our defence needs changing
I had high hopes for our forward pack this year but we are being out played to easily
We need some starch in our defence
We need to be meeting the attackers at the advantage line
This back tracking is garbage
And what happened to the old sliding defence
To many time have teams gone down the edges
We need numbers there to stop them
I didn't see the game last night but just followed on the live game thread
It made bad reading
Many of us have kind of become amune to these results
There wasn't the kind of anger that there use to be
When the fans start to think like that, me included, then we know there is something terribly wrong with this club
All aspects of it
The team and all involved should be ashamed of themselves
Now what are they going to do to fix it

@swordy said in [review and some positives](/post/1393427) said:
As Bellamy said himself, he has never seen anything like it where everything his team did went right and everything WT did went wrong.

We were pathetic. But i did see glimpses of promise. By that I mean if you throw in a Finucane in our defense, it would be different. We are missing one or two experienced work horses that are the keystone.

As a team combining, we are pathitic. Individually, Brooks, Liddle, Seyfarth, Garner were fair at best. But fair is way better than garbage, and in that list goes mbye, mbye, mbye, roberts, mbye, luciano, Talau, mbye, talau and everyone else. Mbye and talau are compketely effortless most weeks and have to go.

Maybe Mbye is going to Brisbane for Pangai and his mind is not in it
We can only hope
Time to cut our losses with him
Gees we have bought some duds
Thanks Cleary but this is your lasting legacy

@hsvjones said in [review and some positives](/post/1393253) said:
@rustycage said in [review and some positives](/post/1393233) said:
We were never going to beat them. I tipped them hoping I might jag a bonus win lol. But we never ever get a fair shake from the officials. This was just another. They got numerous repeat sets - we couldn't buy one. Munsters forward pass for the second try. Munsters held up over the line for a week 5 minutes before planting it down for a try. These small things make an enormous difference. How much ball did we have first half? Not a lot. No chance of competing under those circumstances. But we were bad - really bad. I kind of thought 40-50 bad, but didn't expect it to be in 40 minutes.

Spot on mate... I made a coffee while Munster was rolling around trying to get the ball down..
Pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot the ref makes these calls against us.
That's my only request before all games is that we get a fair share of the calls.

Players have been allowed to do that in the ingoal for ages. There doesn’t appear to be a time limit. It’s a bit silly but it’s not bias against the Tigers

@cairnstigers said in [review and some positives](/post/1393440) said:
@willow said in [review and some positives](/post/1393235) said:
There's no positives to come out of tonight. None whatsoever. We saw the real makeup and resolve of the team tonight and it was dark.

The positives are there will be changes
Changes to the team line up
Changes to player positions
Changes to the coaching staff
There has to be because we can't be producing the same results
It's madness
Who wants to watch their team get beaten or flogged each week
The whole structure of our defence needs changing
I had high hopes for our forward pack this year but we are being out played to easily
We need some starch in our defence
We need to be meeting the attackers at the advantage line
This back tracking is garbage
And what happened to the old sliding defence
To many time have teams gone down the edges
We need numbers there to stop them
I didn't see the game last night but just followed on the live game thread
It made bad reading
Many of us have kind of become amune to these results
There wasn't the kind of anger that there use to be
When the fans start to think like that, me included, then we know there is something terribly wrong with this club
All aspects of it
The team and all involved should be ashamed of themselves
Now what are they going to do to fix it

Problem is we’ve been poor for a long time and there have been no changes. I’m not confident there will be any now

@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393437) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [review and some positives](/post/1393435) said:
And, how good is Craig Bellamy? IMO, he is far and away the best rugby league coach EVER.

Sure, Bennett has had some success with his one town team and rich pickings at the Broncos, and Robinson has been the beneficiary of talent provided by Nick's sombrero, but Bellamy recruits and makes ok players into good ones, or good ones into stars of the game.

The other coaches are not on the same planet as this bloke. All credit to him, I never begrudge his success. I hope he adds to it with another title in 2021.

And to think we almost signed him, I wonder what would have happened if he came here.

But he didn’t, shows how clever he is at making right decisions.

Latest posts

Back