review and some positives

@geo said in [review and some positives](/post/1393275) said:
Positives…nope

Positive would be to have a birthday celebration and not sit through that game.

The ref had no influence on the result tonight.
We didn’t turn up plain and simple.

I have a feeling they will beat the Bunnies next week, just to be consistent with their inconsistency.

Why bother complaining about the refs - they could have given us 50 pens and a few bins and it wouldn’t have made any difference.

@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393280) said:
Positives…nope

It was on in the background

@mighty_tiger said in [review and some positives](/post/1393282) said:
The ref had no influence on the result tonight.
We didn’t turn up plain and simple.

We sure took him out of the game.

@geo said in [review and some positives](/post/1393287) said:
@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393280) said:
Positives…nope

It was on in the background

What a way to ruin a birthday

two weeks until the next game. That's another positive I guess

@wt2k said in [review and some positives](/post/1393299) said:
two weeks until the next game. That's another positive I guess

No just means 2 weeks to dwell on that.

@hsvjones said in [review and some positives](/post/1393215) said:
I know we were terrible and are going to cop it in the media for the next few weeks and deservingly so but just a few things to remember:
The storm had most of the ball and got some lucky tries and even Bellyache said that in the Press conference and once a team that is at the top of there game is going well they are hard to stop. Everything went right for them and nothing for us. (our fault)

I have been saying this for a while now but I really listened to the ref tonight and without sounding like a sore loser I just feel we don't get a fair share of the calls. E.g. Every time when we tackle them the ref would be yelling at us to get off straight away so they get quick play the balls but when they tackled us he hardly said anything. They just laid all over us until there defensive line was ready and that is a massive advantage. This happens quite a lot in games and would love for this 6 again calls scraped so the ref cannot favour teams. The end of game stats don't always tell a story either as we generally get our calls at the end of games and on the 1st tackle compared to others.

They get a player sent to the sin bin after the fact and we didn't even get a penalty for it in live play.. How that was missed was a joke in itself and Joe O had to leave the field.

We have some massive problems and need to look in our back yard but FFS clubs like us need a fair go to be competitive let alone a chance to win.

Some positives: (not many)

The last 3 tries we looked a lot better and can see our attack going fine moving forward.
We looked dangerous attacking the line and feel if we held onto the ball we would of scored some more unlike other team who play Storm. (They are a class above and I don't think even the Panthers would beat them)

As much as its hard to listen to foxsports with Anasta and Ennis bagging us every time they open there mouths but they did have a great point. WE LACK LEADERSHIP and should be trying to buy Dale Finucane.
We have the funds and I think as a club for us to move forward we need to buy Finucane and Brendan Smith and even if it means paying overs... Every commentator says the same thing about him and the leadership he brings both on and off the field. Us fans deserve better and confident they would but be another Packer / Reynolds signings.

I wish we had a game next week now but we have 2 weeks to think about this result. :face_palm:

Just my thoughts

Well must applaud your optimistic attitude however there are no positives from that thumping whatsoever.

I don’t turn off many WT games but after 16 mins I gave up watching tonight.
If there is nil effort from the players as a fan why should I support my time watching and glad I turned off seeing the final score.

Players had a few days to prepare in Nossa, how did that work out? If I was the club board I would start asking questions around who makes these decisions, remember it’s your membership $ or club sponsors that support these decisions and pay the costs.

Madge is not getting the results as a coach and the team has gone backwards under his direction time to part ways at season end and not give him an option, it’s a simple decision the coach has had 3 seasons and can’t coach defence or attitude with pride in the jersey.

Players in general lack any real heart, I did see brooks trying from what I watched but also saw the right side of JTJ exposed and surprise I read a story this week was hoping for an option in his favour and I don’t see him playing for a contract, Nofo missing again why we signed him to 4 years beggars disbelief??

This is Also Madge’s roster now, packer is not playing and mybe I scratch my head why selected each week, again I hear boys are hurting after that performance tonight and he says he did not give them a rev at halftime HD must of lost his balls.

Remember we had 2 tribute games for Tommy did the team respond, no they were booed off at half time by the supporters.

My reasoning now will be if we are playing a Top 8 team I won’t watch anymore, lower team might watch 1st half to see what team turns up? Glad I did not tip them.

@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393249) said:
@wt2k said in [review and some positives](/post/1393246) said:
Only positive is the game ended that's about it

Though we extended it with the stupid ref challenge, what were we thinking?

Yet that losing challenge amplified just how disadvantaged the lower teams generally are. Not only did the on field officials not catch that the only reason Seyfarth was penalised for crowding was because he was being held by his jersey, then the bunker overlooked it as well in reviewing.

@willow said in [review and some positives](/post/1393235) said:
There's no positives to come out of tonight. None whatsoever. We saw the real makeup and resolve of the team tonight and it was dark.

Conceding 4 tries before we completed a set in both halves says it all. It was like one of those mismatches in under 9’s where they have now introduced a mercy rule. We can’t wall paper over this one, who’s accountable for us being a shell of a football team? Zero ticker.

@bagnf05 said in [review and some positives](/post/1393356) said:
@willow said in [review and some positives](/post/1393235) said:
There's no positives to come out of tonight. None whatsoever. We saw the real makeup and resolve of the team tonight and it was dark.

Conceding 4 tries before we completed a set in both halves says it all. It was like one of those mismatches in under 9’s where they have now introduced a mercy rule. We can’t wall paper over this one, who’s accountable for us being a shell of a football team? Zero ticker.

Tamou .. punt him

@moh said in [review and some positives](/post/1393295) said:
No positives.

But the Storm are really, really good.

I thought about this for a little while, and why are they. Their team certainly weren't flush with superstars tonight. No Papp, 2 x Bromwich, Cheese went off early, lost their winger and second rower. They don't have the big 3 anymore yet the replacements they bring in look like world beaters.

Then when guys leave, they are not as dominant at other clubs.

All the storms success is off the field and it is brought about by everyone believing in each other and striving for success. Cronk said it tonight that anyone not on board is invited to leave. I feel like the panthers have a far better squad than the storm yet the storm are the best club currently even though in my opinion they don't have the best roster.

Our lower grades are having success and I really hope that flows though in the next couple of years. But the guys in First Grade at the tigers now are not winners and many of them never will be.

No positives we've already played the knights and dragons twice

Strap in for the rest of the season!

@izotope said in [review and some positives](/post/1393372) said:
No positives we've already played the knights and dragons twice

Strap in for the rest of the season!

Still have the Doggies

Any talk about a winning streak and turning the corner was just a joke a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t buy it. We can’t make any claim at all about being a team that is on the up. Tonight was a reminder about what a s#it team we really are and how far we have to go to be anything resembling a competitive team. Where is the accountability? Nowhere to be seen and not likely to be revealed as we keep making the same calls on squad selections. A score line like tonight is as if we turned up having never played, ever. Fed up and just plain embarrassed.

Latest posts

Back