review and some positives

@chicken_faced_killa said in [review and some positives](/post/1393442) said:
@hsvjones said in [review and some positives](/post/1393253) said:
@rustycage said in [review and some positives](/post/1393233) said:
We were never going to beat them. I tipped them hoping I might jag a bonus win lol. But we never ever get a fair shake from the officials. This was just another. They got numerous repeat sets - we couldn't buy one. Munsters forward pass for the second try. Munsters held up over the line for a week 5 minutes before planting it down for a try. These small things make an enormous difference. How much ball did we have first half? Not a lot. No chance of competing under those circumstances. But we were bad - really bad. I kind of thought 40-50 bad, but didn't expect it to be in 40 minutes.

Spot on mate... I made a coffee while Munster was rolling around trying to get the ball down..
Pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot the ref makes these calls against us.
That's my only request before all games is that we get a fair share of the calls.

Players have been allowed to do that in the ingoal for ages. There doesn’t appear to be a time limit. It’s a bit silly but it’s not bias against the Tigers

Exactly, and it's a blight on the game. I dont think there has been any bias against the Tigers, but certainly Munsters 10 second wriggle around for a try is excessive.
That, coupled with many other 50/50 calls against didnt help. Not blaming them, but they didnt help.

@swordy said in [review and some positives](/post/1393450) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [review and some positives](/post/1393442) said:
@hsvjones said in [review and some positives](/post/1393253) said:
@rustycage said in [review and some positives](/post/1393233) said:
We were never going to beat them. I tipped them hoping I might jag a bonus win lol. But we never ever get a fair shake from the officials. This was just another. They got numerous repeat sets - we couldn't buy one. Munsters forward pass for the second try. Munsters held up over the line for a week 5 minutes before planting it down for a try. These small things make an enormous difference. How much ball did we have first half? Not a lot. No chance of competing under those circumstances. But we were bad - really bad. I kind of thought 40-50 bad, but didn't expect it to be in 40 minutes.

Spot on mate... I made a coffee while Munster was rolling around trying to get the ball down..
Pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot the ref makes these calls against us.
That's my only request before all games is that we get a fair share of the calls.

Players have been allowed to do that in the ingoal for ages. There doesn’t appear to be a time limit. It’s a bit silly but it’s not bias against the Tigers

Exactly, and it's a blight on the game. I dont think there has been any bias against the Tigers, but certainly Munsters 10 second wriggle around for a try is excessive.
That, coupled with many other 50/50 calls against didnt help. Not blaming them, but they didnt help.

Facts.

We were bad.
Refs made us look even worse.

Is what it is tho.
We were always going to lose.

At least the boys had fun on discord.
???

@twentyforty said in [review and some positives](/post/1393444) said:
@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393437) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [review and some positives](/post/1393435) said:
And, how good is Craig Bellamy? IMO, he is far and away the best rugby league coach EVER.

Sure, Bennett has had some success with his one town team and rich pickings at the Broncos, and Robinson has been the beneficiary of talent provided by Nick's sombrero, but Bellamy recruits and makes ok players into good ones, or good ones into stars of the game.

The other coaches are not on the same planet as this bloke. All credit to him, I never begrudge his success. I hope he adds to it with another title in 2021.

And to think we almost signed him, I wonder what would have happened if he came here.

But he didn’t, shows how clever he is at making right decisions.

Doesn't help when you have players like Terry Hill saying we don't want him.

@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393458) said:
And, how good is Craig Bellamy? IMO, he is far and away the best rugby league coach EVER.

Sure, Bennett has had some success with his one town team and rich pickings at the Broncos, and Robinson has been the beneficiary of talent provided by Nick's sombrero, but Bellamy recruits and makes ok players into good ones, or good ones into stars of the game.

The other coaches are not on the same planet as this bloke. All credit to him, I never begrudge his success. I hope he adds to it with another title in 2021.

And to think we almost signed him, I wonder what would have happened if he came here.

Who did Terry Hill want at the time?

@twentyforty said in [review and some positives](/post/1393473) said:
@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393458) said:

Who did Terry Hill want at the time?

Who know? probably Terry Lamb to stay, something about Langmack does stick in my mind. we actually did quite well getting Sheens, our best ever coach, but Bellamy turned into arguably the best coach of all time.

Payten was smart enough to work us out for that game at Leichhardt, he had a plan to spread it wide and attack our right side defence right from kickoff. Basically since that game everyone has replicated that game plan to varying degrees with eels (Moses) doing a very good job last week. Melbourne took it too another level last night. The question is with an obvious deficiency like that going unfixed for several games is that the players fault or the coach?

He would’ve got sacked ?

Hard to say but one thing is for sure, supporting this club would be an entirely different proposition just because of mentality and standards he would have instilled here.

@hobbo1 said in [review and some positives](/post/1393497) said:

He would’ve got sacked ?

I actually think that may be the case mate.

@balmainjnr said in [review and some positives](/post/1393509) said:

Hard to say but one thing is for sure, supporting this club would be an entirely different proposition just because of mentality and standards he would have instilled here.

if he lasted long enough lol

@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393514) said:

He would’ve got sacked ?

Too funny ?

@hobbo1 said in [review and some positives](/post/1393518) said:
@cochise said in [review and some positives](/post/1393514) said:

He would’ve got sacked ?

Too funny ?

The advice Bennett gave him to wait for a better opportunity was spot on.

I just hate our game plan 3 or 4 hit ups by plodding forwards, next tackle try and spread it, then a kick from inside our own half.
A ten year old kid could come up with a game plan to nullify our attack.
At least under Sheens we played entertaining footy, didn’t defend very well but we could score points.

@tigertownsfs said in [review and some positives](/post/1393483) said:
Payten was smart enough to work us out for that game at Leichhardt, he had a plan to spread it wide and attack our right side defence right from kickoff. Basically since that game everyone has replicated that game plan to varying degrees with eels (Moses) doing a very good job last week. Melbourne took it too another level last night. The question is with an obvious deficiency like that going unfixed for several games is that the players fault or the coach?

Makes it really easy especially when we stand back and watch them instead of getting up in their face and putting pressure on them.

@cairnstigers said in [review and some positives](/post/1393440) said:
@willow said in [review and some positives](/post/1393235) said:
There's no positives to come out of tonight. None whatsoever. We saw the real makeup and resolve of the team tonight and it was dark.

The positives are there will be changes
Changes to the team line up
Changes to player positions
Changes to the coaching staff
There has to be because we can't be producing the same results
It's madness
Who wants to watch their team get beaten or flogged each week
The whole structure of our defence needs changing
I had high hopes for our forward pack this year but we are being out played to easily
We need some starch in our defence
We need to be meeting the attackers at the advantage line
This back tracking is garbage
And what happened to the old sliding defence
To many time have teams gone down the edges
We need numbers there to stop them
I didn't see the game last night but just followed on the live game thread
It made bad reading
Many of us have kind of become amune to these results
There wasn't the kind of anger that there use to be
When the fans start to think like that, me included, then we know there is something terribly wrong with this club
All aspects of it
The team and all involved should be ashamed of themselves
Now what are they going to do to fix it

Well said....I can't put it better so I won't say anything....just plain disappointed:confounded:

I think 1 positive is at the end when Madge and the group were talking every 1 was engaged and listening

@finnzo said in [review and some positives](/post/1393609) said:
I think 1 positive is at the end when Madge and the group were talking every 1 was engaged and listening

Brooks was half asleep

I feel sorry for my son.

He lives in Brisbane and never gets to see them play but he text me last night at the game saying where he was sitting. The next text was “not a good start … 12-nil down and game has just started”. You know the rest.

Last text was “not all bad, just chatted to Wayne Pearce’s niece, she’s a stunner”

I'd have hoped Maguire made them watch the game within 15 minutes of it finishing

They deserved to be punished with this

Back