Ricky.......

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
….a tear in his eye.....

post match media,,,,said he had players who shouldn't be in first grade....Injuries serious and two players on report?

Gee.....what's the word......

He looks absolutely shattered..... :laughing:

It's true though. The Sharks State Cup team could beat the NRL team.

Sharks players Jack Afamasaga (32nd minute) and Millington (39th minute) were both put on report. Don't know if they will miss the Tigers match yet.

Well, we are yet to see the new make up of the reconfigured Wests team. Who's not to say that the may Sharks rattle the Tigers? Respect your opponents, no matter how ordinary they are going and maintain the attitude and focus of the do or die mentality.

@Gobbs said:
Well, we are yet to see the new make up of the reconfigured Wests team. Who's not to say that the may Sharks rattle the Tigers? Respect your opponents, no matter how ordinary they are going and maintain the attitude and focus of the do or die mentality.

Sorry Gobbs but I find it very hard to respect Ricky Stuart when he stood behind Greg Bird, brought Matiua, Seymour to the club, installed a grub like Gallen as captain bleating he's missunterstood….Then tonight comes out and blames them for the predicament the rabble have become on and off the field.....

Thank goodness we have Sheens....It has nothing to do with underestimating an opponent even the dismal Sharks....Of cause Wests Tigers will have to turn up as far as respect for them....never....

Geo, like you i can't stand Stuart or the Cronulla club. They are in the class if not above Manly when it comes to hatred of a rival team or sporting club. Respect for the Sharks coach and the club is a different issue altogether. But players must always respect their opposite number, regardless of status, profile or persona on the field. That's apart of a side's attitude, turning up to play, not giving their opposition an inch. I'm hoping Ellis can get a nice shot (or several) on Gallen come Sunday :wink:

@Geo. said:
….a tear in his eye.....

He looks absolutely shattered..... :laughing:

I never rated Ricky Stuart as a coach…sorry pal no sympathy from here. :exclamation:

@Gobbs said:
I'm hoping Ellis can get a nice shot (or several) on Gallen come Sunday :wink:

…Oh yeah I'd love to see that...Ellis to cream the Pharmacist...lol

Sorry Gobbs but I find it very hard to respect Ricky Stuart when he stood behind Greg Bird, brought Matiua, Seymour to the club, installed a grub like Gallen as captain bleating he's missunterstood….Then tonight comes out and blames them for the predicament the rabble have become on and off the field.....
>
Thank goodness we have Sheens....It has nothing to do with underestimating an opponent even the dismal Sharks....Of cause Wests Tigers will have to turn up as far as respect for them....never....

The cronulla board and Ricky Stuart (despite all being morons) at least can hold there head high about how they represent the club. Sure they bought Maitiua (not much difference to us getting taumata), but they also sacked him.

They stood behind Bird at first, which is fair, they let it unfold, and then sacked him.

They stood down Brett Seymour and sacked him again when they didnt have to. At least they stand up and do the right thing unlike other clubs who wont sack there players.

I dont love cronulla but at least they do the right thing

**Stuart lets fly at bad-boy players**
Wayne Heming
August 10, 2009 - 10:59PM
On a day when rugby league was again shamed, emotional Sharks coach Ricky Stuart paid out on former players who'd let the club down.

Stuart could not hide his frustration after watching his weakened side battle manfully to a 30-10 loss at the hands of a desperate Brisbane.

He took aim at several players who he said had left the club in the lurch in the past two seasons, including representative five eighth Greg Bird, dumped this year after being charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

His anger was also directed at utility Brett Seymour, punted for repeated alcohol breaches and former Australian forward Reni Maitua, serving a two year ban for drug use.

Another key signing, Kiwi Fraser Anderson, walked out on the club to play rugby union for big money in Japan.

"All those blokes that put the club into a position this year where they played up socially and the club had to sack them and do the right thing by the game … I hope they're watching the game," fired Stuart in a withering post match blast.

"I hope they're reading about the position and predicament these blokes are in because they left them stranded.

"It's selfish. These poor blokes are busting their guts for the club and their mates and it's a good lesson for all other players."

Stuart talked up the efforts of his players who battled against a Brisbane side whose season was on the line.

"I just feel sorry for the players," he said.

"They're in a tough predicament and as you can see, they never give in.

"We haven't got the quality and I really feel for them.

"I'm proud of the fact that they're a very courageous bunch of blokes."

Things are unlikely to get any easier for Stuart after Monday's loss with Jack Afamasaga and Grant Millington were both put on report in the first half.

\
\
someone should remind Stuart that he recruited the players he is referring to…so isn't he to blame?!?

I'm sorry but geo u must never have played footy before for the tigers to go out n not respect there opposition would be askin for a floggin. Showin respect for ur opponent is one of the first things ur taught once u get beyond u13's.

The cronulla board and Ricky Stuart (despite all being morons) at least can hold there head high about how they represent the club. Sure they bought Maitiua (not much difference to us getting taumata), but they also sacked him.
>
They stood behind Bird at first, which is fair, they let it unfold, and then sacked him.
>
They stood down Brett Seymour and sacked him again when they didnt have to. At least they stand up and do the right thing unlike other clubs who wont sack there players.
>
I dont love cronulla but at least they do the right thing

QFT, nice post Hadds.

Its not just those players who are to blame. Ricky Stuart has to look at the bigger picture. He left Issac De Gois go to the knights for the old Corey Hughes, let Brett Kimmorley go(dogs and they are going awsome) for at the start of the season mitch brown. They are two players who were playing good for the sharks last year also.

I like the sharks as a club BUT I hate their coach Ricky Stuart and as long as he is at that club I will hate the sharkies.

Their are three objective to achieve on sunday

!st and most important win–the chooks showed on sunday no team are easy beats

2nd--Try and get the for and against up by plenty, it could make a big difference or should I say will make a big difference

3rd--If and when the games in the bank, get the big Pom over for a try and dosnt deserve a end of season nudie!!

That should be all the motivation the team needs.
First we beat Manly and cause Hassler and Whatmough to go of crying into their coffee now we have the chance to take things from bad to worse for the Sharks. Surely a 50 point hiding would put Stuart well and truly under the pump.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back