RIP Tommy Raudonikis

i met Tommy a few times and was always a champion bloke. my old man new the old magpie president Bill Carson and he got me into the dressing room pre game when i was about 10 and what a great moment that was. i got all players to sign my little book and just remember Tommy revving the boys up for the game which we won that day at Lidcombe. it was around 1978.

@mighty_tiger said in [RIP Tommy Raudonikis](/post/1330594) said:
An amazing person who loved this game more than most. It’s a very sad day.

Very sad indeed RIP Tom Terrific
If our blokes don’t fire up this weekend they Never will!

Champion player and champion bloke. One of the biggest characters the game has ever produced. Lot more fun watching Tommy play and blow out football of today

RIP..cattle dog

Very sad. A wonderful character and one of the best halfbacks of all time. He will be missed. Condolences to his family and many friends.

The ultimate competitor and a genuine character. Saw him play on many occasions. Hopefully the curtent team will be inspired to deliver a fitting performance on Sunday.

RIP Legend.

Even as a Balmain fan as a kid, I loved Tommy. One of the main reasons I was so happy it was Wests we merged with.

I thought nothing could beat him after all his victories over the horrible infliction that is cancer.

I hope we wear the old Magpies jersey on Sunday.

A very tough man who always tried his heart out.R.I.P Tommy,you never played for my club but i always respected your attitude of never giving up both on and off the field

I absolutely loved this little bloke. Saw his first game for Wests at Lidcombe Oval when he came up from Wagga as a young player who worked for the RAAF.
Met him quite a few times at Wests reunions and he was always happy to have a chat. This is a photo of me and a mate at one of those reunions. I'm totally gutted.

![af2dd091-1825-4b19-9010-26edc9659cbc-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1617754721880-af2dd091-1825-4b19-9010-26edc9659cbc-image.png)

For anyone who loves footy, this is a day we have all dreaded. RIP Tommy.

This might be said too frequently these days, but this is very true about this man....... "His body might be gone, but his legend will live forever!"

The word legend is used incorrectly these days but Tommy was a true legend. My hero following Western Suburbs in the 1970s and early 1980s. Cried when he signed with Newtown. Wish our current team had Tommy's toughness. Cancer claims another great. RIP TRUE LEGEND AND NRL ICON.

Oh this is such sad news! A proper legend. An icon.
Wishing the whole Wests and Tigers community good wishes. ❤️

They say that no player is bigger than the game, but Tommy came the closest to it.
As Balmain supporter I like everyone else loved the way that he played the game.
I doubt that there were any tougher players than Tommy.
RIP

This is why our great club known as the JV will be a fantastic and gutsy club and team....
I was a Balmain boy through and through,but with the unification of the 2 traditional clubs Wests and Balmain true history and legendary players will live on..
Im proud to be a member of WTs,its players like Tommy and many others that have gone before him from both clubs that bring Rugby League to the forefront of,toughness,competativeness,friendship and guidence...all these Tommy excelled in...
RIP Tommy ...sincere condolences to the family and friends...

@truetiger said in [RIP Tommy Raudonikis](/post/1330627) said:
This is why our great club known as the JV will be a fantastic and gutsy club and team....
I was a Balmain boy through and through,but with the unification of the 2 traditional clubs Wests and Balmain true history and legendary players will live on..
Im proud to be a member of WTs,its players like Tommy and many others that have gone before him from both clubs that bring Rugby League to the forefront of,toughness,competativeness,friendship and guidence...all these Tommy excelled in...
RIP Tommy ...sincere condolences to the family and friends...

I loved having a chat to Tommy, I used to see him @ Paradise Point Newsagency when I was up there on holidays, just a lovely man. RIP Champion.

Latest posts

Back