RIP Tommy Raudonikis

Rugby league legend Tommy Raudonikis dies aged 70
Roy Masters
By Roy Masters
April 7, 2021 — 9.21am

Tommy Raudonikis, perhaps rugby league’s most loved character, has died after a long battle with cancer.

The former Australian halfback and captain was with his partner Trish Brown when he passed away at 7.15am on Wednesday in a Gold Coast hospital, only six days short of his 71st birthday.

“Tommy Terrific”, as he was known to his fans at Western Suburbs and Newtown, had been plagued with bad health for nearly thirty years, fighting testicular cancer, enduring a quadruple bypass, combating neck and throat cancer and ailments of the back and shoulders. Yet he fought on until cancer finally did to him what a legion of English, French, and New Zealand players could not.

R I P Tom Terrific

Bloke beat cancer 3 times before it finally got him..very sad day..

His loss will shatter our great game. Will be greatly missed.
VALE Tommy Raudonikis 🏴🏳 Magpie #655.
As both player & coach, Tommy has been at the heart & Soul of the Magpies and their supporters for 50 years.

Our thoughts are with Tommy’s family. 🙏

Fought all the way...
So sad... My God when I look at our team and then remember how Tommy played, its chalk and cheese

RIP Tommy 😔

![4A069667-9352-48A6-8526-8B9088A878E3.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1617751783442-4a069667-9352-48a6-8526-8b9088a878e3.jpeg)
Condolences to his family and friends. Tommy was one of the original characters of the game.

Very sad news. RIP Tommy

RIP Tommy.

Was a true character of the game.

Played tough, lived tough and sadly died tough.

Great character in and out of the game, not many left with his cheeky aussie mischief. Rest in Peace Great Man

Was a Balmain boy but always loved Tommy. Bloke always fought with everything he had.

Our boys better lift this weekend.

Vale Tom Terrific.

I met Tommy a number of times, I have a couple of autographed photos, but the last time I met him I got to sit down and have a beer with him. I helped him on and off the stage, he was there with Max Krilich, he signed an autograph “To Paul, thanks mate, Tom Raudonikis.”
That sits proudly on my bar.
The epitome of heart and soul, he will be sorely missed, a true legend

Would be sitting up there having a beer pie and cigarette with his great mate Artie Beetson

RIP a true champion of Rugby League.
Tommy played the game with an unequalled passion and toughness. He may not have been the biggest man on the field but he didn’t seem to be aware, he played with courage and determination.
Tommy was a legend of the game no matter what club you supported.
So many supporters would have fond memories of his career and there will be many stories shared of him that will bring back happy memories.
Rest well Tommy, Thank you for everything that you did for the game, Thank you for giving us a reason to cheer and a reason to smile and reminisce.
One of a kind, he will not be forgotten.

Back