ROBBIE BALBOA!!!!

stryker

It's great to see that our skillfull, playmaking rake can also be an 80's styled mean, tough, hooker.

This is the second time now that Rob has exploded out of the scrum to lay a heap on his opposite in a good old fashioned sortin out!

Big call as well considering you have props either side of you who are always willing to lay the smack down so to speak.

I really enjoyed that.

As a side note I'm interested to find out what was said in his quick exchange with Prince before they packed in. Looked to me like Prince knew it was going to be on and was trying to stop it :laughing:

Couldnt agree more Striker, great stuff from Robbie. Looked like he took on a few of them and what was even better was he lead us to a win in a man of the match performance. What a legend!

Nice to see that our club captain can stand up for himself, excellent stuff from the always passionate Robbie Farah.

I never thought Ennis would useful for anything apart from toilet paper. Apparently Friend bagged Farah by mentioning Ennis and SOO and that was the fuel for the fire.

No hiding behind a prop for protection for our Robbie. All game, he showed why he is streaks ahead of that grub Ennis. His kick for our first try was a master stroke

@mikey said:
I never thought Ennis would useful for anything apart from toilet paper. Apparently Friend bagged Farah by mentioning Ennis and SOO and that was the fuel for the fire.

He should mention that even with Smith out, Friend still can't get a go for QLD.

Great stuff from Robbie, showed that cat Ennis how to play and how to fight.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Without Farah we are a wooden spoon quality team, simple. He does EVERYTHING.

I wouldnt go that far….but wow,how good is he??

Makes 40 tackles a game,sets up our tries,kicks all day and beats the hell out of any oppositon hooker who wants a fist or two in the face.

Best captain we have had since Junior!!

@djm619 said:
@mikey said:

He should mention that even with Smith out, Friend still can't get a go for QLD.

Should have asked Friend what it was like to play 30 odd games in four years living in Smith's shadow at Melbourne.

Or where Friend was going to fit in the team if Robbie took up the Titans offer back in '08.

Robbie schooled him anyway.

Big play that one, they have the ball from the put in and the scrum blows up and we get the penalty. Like how Robbie said he headbutted me but Friend wears headgear so would be like getting a headbutt from a pillow. If you watch the replay there was always going to be a stink, Robbie went into the scrum with his arms not bound and threw the first one, a cracker uppercut.

@simonthetiger said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
Without Farah we are a wooden spoon quality team, simple. He does EVERYTHING.

I wouldnt go that far….but wow,how good is he??

Makes 40 tackles a game,sets up our tries,kicks all day and beats the hell out of any oppositon hooker who wants a fist or two in the face.

Best captain we have had since Junior!!

He is an exceptional player, without doubt.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@djm619 said:
@mikey said:

Should have asked Friend what it was like to play 30 odd games in four years living in Smith's shadow at Melbourne.

Or where Friend was going to fit in the team if Robbie took up the Titans offer back in '08.

Robbie schooled him anyway.

The flogging Robbie dished out was the only way to respond. Anything outside of that would have been the work of a cat. Who needs to be a niggling player, just start throwing punches I reckon.

loved robbie's aggro… but somehow ennis is 'origin tough'. stupid selectors...

@scarcev said:
If you watch the replay there was always going to be a stink, Robbie went into the scrum with his arms not bound and threw the first one, a cracker uppercut.

Exactly what I thought…That blew was pre-meditated....They had obviously been giving him heaps and he'd decided to go in that scrum. IMO Prince who knows Robbies body language could tell it was on but was powerless to stop it.

Robbie packed in and immediately threw the uppercut. I reckon a few other tigers could tell as well just by the way they seperated everyone around them and gave Farah a clear passage. You dont usually see that many punches thrown without some hero trying to step in and break things up. Minichello could see this and thats why IMO he went so ballistic.

Anyway good times.....

Ok… ennis is grub for doing it... but farah throws uppercuts in a scrum and is a hero.... Seriously.... like REALLY?... Take the glasses off children

oh really?… hey i wouldn't have noticed... i wasn't saying the fight was wrong more pointing out the fact that a teams own player does hes a legend, But if another does hes a grub/cat..... and in the end his punch was as soft as the ones on wed night

@Rorko said:
Ok… ennis is grub for doing it... but farah throws uppercuts in a scrum and is a hero.... Seriously.... like REALLY?... Take the glasses off children

Robbie is smart and tough. He did it 10 meters from the opposition’s line and with 20 minutes to go, standing toe to toe and did not run and hide behind his team mates. The coward did it 20 meters from his own line with 7 minutes to go while the opposition was on his knees, as soon as he stood up the coward runs and hides.

No glasses needed here.

Not comparable really.

Ennis hit a guy on his knee's then ran away.

Nothing to be proud of there.

Robbie on the otherhand is a dead set legend.

Latest posts

Members online

Back