Robbie farah

IF its the case farah is 'hard to play with' and therefor cant fit into a rep side easily, then NSW should set their sightsALOT damn loftier than michael friggin ennis as an alternative. they are just shooting themselves in the foot by selecting someone so average. and for anyone that doesnt think ennis simply average, feel free to prove me wrong with some tangible evidence. some stats illistrating his supposed quality would be handy.
for me this is no longer a ennis versus farah thing, its a ennis versus ANY other hooker thing, he simply outshines no one!

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
The biggest problem with our selections as well as Craig and Johns input, is that it's too negative.

We don't pick players who can cause damage, we pick players who will "shut down" their QLD counterpart. QLD realised years ago that these days you need to score at least 4 tries to win an origin game. NSW still think it's 1986 and wet, boggy grounds and 4-2 scorelines are still the go.

Can't argue with that.

@BornBlack&Gold said:
IF its the case farah is 'hard to play with' and therefor cant fit into a rep side easily, then NSW should set their sightsALOT damn loftier than michael friggin ennis as an alternative. they are just shooting themselves in the foot by selecting someone so average. and for anyone that doesnt think ennis simply average, feel free to prove me wrong with some tangible evidence. some stats illistrating his supposed quality would be handy.
for me this is no longer a ennis versus farah thing, its a ennis versus ANY other hooker thing, he simply outshines no one!

Glenn Buttriss
Michael Ennis
Kevin Kingston
Masada Iosefa
Jeff Robson
Matt Keating
Isaac De Gois
John Morris

Outside if Ennis, there really is no other competition. (Excluding Farah of course)

@Bismark said:
I did hear once, maybe in an interview with someone or a bio on Farah, don't remember exactly, that Robbie is hard to play with.

The style of play he uses requires alot of time to manufacture, and there needs to be alot of work done by everyone to mould together.

Where as Ennis kind of just slots in at hooker, and you can then mould it around Pearce's game.

When I heard that, I knew his representative days would be tainted. It's a shame, but if thats the way it is, I can't 100% blame the selectors. I guess they need to start committing to players more, if we lose games 2 and 3, keep Ennis and Pearce. QLD do so well becuase they all know each other's games back to front.

I honestly belive Robbie overplays his hand far too much these days, you could make a point that it comes down to the lack of a quality halfback at our club for years, in my eyes he was much more suited to Origin about three seasons ago when he was pushing for Buderus' spot.

@BornBlack&Gold said:

He outshines John Morris :laughing:

@KingOvKingz09 said:
@BornBlack&Gold said:

Not as such no.
After 10 games in 2010 at hooker for Morris and ennis and 11 for Robbie
Tries - Morris - 1, ennis - 2, Robbie - 3
Try assists - Morris 4, ennis 3 Robbie - 6
Line break assists - M - 3, e - 3, R - 4
Avg metres per game - M - 38, e - 23.5, R - 65.5
Tackles per game - M - 28.4, e - 25.2, R - 36.2
Missed & inneffective tackles combined per game - M - 3.2, e - 5.5, R - 3.3
Errors - M - 6, e - 6, R - 12
Penalties - M - 6, e - 10, R - 3

edit - sorry, source for stats
http://203.166.101.37/NRL/playerdetailedstats.asp?lclub=999&sort=LBA&lyear=2010&lpos=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Origin is simply an advertising vehicle for channel 9\. I don't pay my Wests Tigers membership to have the season interrupted by SOO. I can never develop any passion for NSW, a team full of opposition players that I hate. I wanna see the likes of Watmough, Hayne, Ennis get their heads knocked off. I'm hardly gonna cheer for them.

At best, SOO should be one game each year, played on a Friday night with every team having a bye. Rotate the location between Sydney, Brisbane and anywhere they wish to 'showcase' the game. 3 games spread over 6 or 8 weeks, or whatever it is, is an interference to the main game - the premiership.

Personally, I'm glad there are no Tigers involved in this time wasting exercise. I hope QLD smash em again, and keep doing so until someone figures out that it is a senseless waste of time.

There will be more rep opportunities for Farah down the track…..Four Nations for a start,,,You think Sheens will pick Ennis.... :laughing:

For now I just hope he is working on his passing game both from dummy half and in general play......

@prattenpark said:
Origin is simply an advertising vehicle for channel 9\. I don't pay my Wests Tigers membership to have the season interrupted by SOO. I can never develop any passion for NSW, a team full of opposition players that I hate. I wanna see the likes of Watmough, Hayne, Ennis get their heads knocked off. I'm hardly gonna cheer for them.

At best, SOO should be one game each year, played on a Friday night with every team having a bye. Rotate the location between Sydney, Brisbane and anywhere they wish to 'showcase' the game. 3 games spread over 6 or 8 weeks, or whatever it is, is an interference to the main game - the premiership.

Personally, I'm glad there are no Tigers involved in this time wasting exercise. I hope QLD smash em again, and keep doing so until someone figures out that it is a senseless waste of time.

But you'd think different if we had 3 or 4 players in the blues.

@Bismark said:
I did hear once, maybe in an interview with someone or a bio on Farah, don't remember exactly, that Robbie is hard to play with.

The style of play he uses requires alot of time to manufacture, and there needs to be alot of work done by everyone to mould together.

Where as Ennis kind of just slots in at hooker, and you can then mould it around Pearce's game.

When I heard that, I knew his representative days would be tainted. It's a shame, but if thats the way it is, I can't 100% blame the selectors. I guess they need to start committing to players more, if we lose games 2 and 3, keep Ennis and Pearce. QLD do so well becuase they all know each other's games back to front.

That was drug cheat Andrew Johns on the Footy Show late last year

@prattenpark said:

Couldn't agree with you more; it is just a cash cow now for the state leagues and channel 9.

@innsaneink said:
@prattenpark said:

* Hi everyone

I don't think he would!! I wouldn't.

I am pleased from a team point of view that we don't get players in the SoO

I do watch the series from the comfort of my loungeroom (have never been to a live game), but if I had a better offer I would take it!!

Tigergran

Greg Alexander tonight on 2UE Sports today said that he thought the battle between Ennis and Farah was far gone, after a caller mentioned what about farah. He Said Ennis is SOO material and that Farah showed last year he is not made for it? Well if your SOO material how come he hardly makes any tackles, sets up any tries etc? Ennis was outshone by Farah last friday… but who cares, looks bad on ennis when they get flogged by 20 :wink:

@tigergran said:
@innsaneink said:
@prattenpark said:

* Hi everyone

I don't think he would!! I wouldn't.

I am pleased from a team point of view that we don't get players in the SoO

I do watch the series from the comfort of my loungeroom (have never been to a live game), but if I had a better offer I would take it!!

Tigergran

So you never cheered for the blues when Jnr, benny, sirro, Brasher, Corowa, Jack and blocker played?

I see.

Btw, Sheens has often said players come back from rep duties better players

He wants to play a Test and I would never take that off him. It brings them back better players.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/shades-of-hanley-as-countryman-steps-up-20100604-xl0g.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@softlaw said:
@KingOvKingz09 said:
@BornBlack&Gold said:

Not as such no.
After 10 games in 2010 at hooker for Morris and ennis and 11 for Robbie
Tries - Morris - 1, ennis - 2, Robbie - 3
Try assists - Morris 4, ennis 3 Robbie - 6
Line break assists - M - 3, e - 3, R - 4
Avg metres per game - M - 38, e - 23.5, R - 65.5
Tackles per game - M - 28.4, e - 25.2, R - 36.2
Missed & inneffective tackles combined per game - M - 3.2, e - 5.5, R - 3.3
Errors - M - 6, e - 6, R - 12
Penalties - M - 6, e - 10, R - 3

edit - sorry, source for stats
http://203.166.101.37/NRL/playerdetailedstats.asp?lclub=999&sort=LBA&lyear=2010&lpos=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks softlaw, im sure no one has suggested johnny morris for nsw hooker this year, but as the stats show, ennis doesnt outshine him, infact the stats suggest morris shades him.

Interesting to note on that page you have linked…..
i knew the roosters were struggling for a hooker this year but wow:
21 Sam Brunton (Sydney Roosters) _**31/12/1900**_ 1 0 0 0 36 0 0 0 0 0 36 4 17 18 2 0 0 0 4 17 18 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

What do you people expect from the selectors. A cuddle and a candy gram..?

Its Origin. Its not given to you. You gotta step up and take it. When was the last time the anyone at Tigers seriously stepped into the breach when it really, really, really mattered?? It was about half a decade ago.

We'll give it a lash every now and then but it usually happens when peoples jobs are on the line.

Back