Robbie farah

@king sirro said:
Farah's major problem is the same as Benji's, he sometimes overplays his hand and comes up with a bad play. Now a lot of the time he'll come up with the winning play, so its easy for me to say eliminate the bad play, but not so easy to do in reality.

I dont agree..I think most can be eliminated…..it's the stupidity play...that they both need to get out of their game...The miracle grubbers for Lote that Farah made look so good against Parra but has been poor option ever since..dumb 4th, 5th sometimes 2nd tackle options he takes... as for Benji the kicks out on the full, flick passes coming out of our own end....the hail Mary plays with tackles left in a set....

The have both improved in recent weeks...

Robbie needs to develop a big hit in defense. He rarely, if ever comes up with one on one BIG tackles. I know these are by and large unimportant, but the fact that he makes 40 tackles a game and misses very few is lost on most people. Ennis on the odd occasion makes a big blindside hit and gets called a good defender.

It is really annoying though.

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:
Farah's major problem is the same as Benji's, he sometimes overplays his hand and comes up with a bad play. Now a lot of the time he'll come up with the winning play, so its easy for me to say eliminate the bad play, but not so easy to do in reality.

I dont agree..I think most can be eliminated…..it's the stupidity play...that they both need to get out of their game...The miracle grubbers for Lote that Farah made look so good against Parra but has been poor option ever since..dumb 4th, 5th sometimes 2nd tackle options he takes... as for Benji the kicks out on the full, flick passes coming out of our own end....the hail Mary plays with tackles left in a set....

I reckon Farah has definitely settled down in recent week watching him play. There is less of a tendency to run from dummyhalf, particularly in the first half and he's choosing his moments more carefully IMO. The try against the Bulldogs was a good example and his kicking game has also improved. On form I think he should definitely be in the SOO side ahead of Ennis, but I like the way Robbie is working on his game at the moment, and if NSW do lose game 2, he might very well get a recall for the third game.

No way will he be recalled (unless an injury to Ennis)
Farah is far and away the better player; we all know that
BUT
They will not drop Ennis at 2-0 down & bring Farah back in. (Just a mirror image of what happened in 09 & selectors are too 'Proud" to do a backflip of that nature.

robbie has been no where near his best this year, and ennis was the incumbent

i can understand why ennis was selected.
\
\
hopefully robbie gets a go in game 3 when NSW are 2-0 down

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:

On this point, I really want us to get rid of the third tackle kicks. This seems to be a big part of our game plan against the Dogs (less so other teams but is still there). The first time we played we had no ball and when we did Benji kicked it away on the third tackle.

In my view, we should use the full set of six unless going for a 40/20 or are attacking the line.

in the wet i m more than happy to see us boot the ball downfield before the end of the tackle count

@southerntiger said:
@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:

On this point, I really want us to get rid of the third tackle kicks. This seems to be a big part of our game plan against the Dogs (less so other teams but is still there). The first time we played we had no ball and when we did Benji kicked it away on the third tackle.

In my view, we should use the full set of six unless going for a 40/20 or are attacking the line.

But by kicking early you are kicking when the opposition have their wingers up, meaning more ground for the fullback to cover which means more time for the defenders to get to him, less ground made because the winger and fullback arent taking the ball on the full and because of the extra ground made, the opposition forwards have further to travel back onside.

Add to that it eliminates the possiblity of dropping the ball in your own half on tackle 4 and 5.

@Jazza said:
But by kicking early you are kicking when the opposition have their wingers up, meaning more ground for the fullback to cover which means more time for the defenders to get to him, less ground made because the winger and fullback arent taking the ball on the full and because of the extra ground made, the opposition forwards have further to travel back onside.

Add to that it eliminates the possiblity of dropping the ball in your own half on tackle 4 and 5.

Jazza ….that's all well and good when the long kicking game is half decent.....but when the ball sails out over the sideline on the full......or straight down the winger/fullbacks throat on the 30....those plays cost us in the end....

Jazza I understand the rationale but it is negative football and simply means our forwards have to defend more than the other blokes. It really cost us (plus poor decision making by F & B) in the first game. Personally I dont think it works and even if it does, only where (as Geo points out) our kicking game is on the money.

If the forwards are doing their jobs, theres no need to kick early….however youre commiting suicide if youre not going forward and waiting for the last to kick from your own half
Weather conditions + the forwards generally dictate the kicking game

I can understand why Ennis was selected also:

(a) I believe that Robbie played injured in Game 2 last year which led to his mistakes and this ticked off the coach and selectors.

(b) Ennis is the incumbent in a winning team (even tho it was a dead rubber)

© In the month leading up to Game 1 selections, the Tigers were in crap form. This not only hurt Robbie's chances, but any other Tigers players being considered. I know the bullfrogs are in crap form too, but they beat us in R1 :frowning:

However... Blues will get smacked and the Tigers will reign. His time will come again. I'm actually more upset for Chris Lawrence and Heighno.

PS - Memo Snozz Daley... Don't judge Robbie too hard on a poor game last year, or we might just get out the tape of your State of Orign debut. If you were judged by the same criteria, you would never have played SOO again.

i cannot express how i angry and sick i am of this crap that the media and certian individuals continue to come up with about ennis being the better option. Ennis isnt even capable of being an nrl hooker let alone being a soo hooker. he offers nothing and even has a negative impact on the the teamm…....i CANT STANDDD HIM AND HIS ATTITUDE.....i dont understand what they have against farah,....easily the second best hooker in the game by a mileee. did everything right in 2007 and got snubbed and here it is again....his not playing the best but his defnitely playing much better then ennis ever willl.....loook at the stats and its all there...the funniest thing is that they claim ennis is "origin material" but then why not select paul gallen or greg bird or luke odonell in game 1 who are by far the most origin materialed players in the comp.......so obviously its not ennis being goood its just that they dont want farah...and that, i see as UNFAIRRR on a player who deserves to be the NSW hooker...

On a sidenote, Robbie will be a guest host on the Footy Show tonight.

When Robbie is hot , he is lava hot. When he is cold , well the best he gets is luke warm ! As much as I wouldn't replace him for any other hooker in the comp , I would replace him as captain. Here's a smokey. I would make Chris Lawrence captain , with Robbie as vice captain . Both guys are intelligent , great footballers and can read play. I believe Chris should be captain for 3 very good reasons.

Firstly he has more time. Robbie is at dummy half and has less time to look at the complete picture. He is more suited for unorthodox play , keeping up the forward run and taking advantage of lazy markers etc. Secondly , Chris is further back and has more time to run general play , and look for holes or lack of defenders out wide. Thirdly , I believe without the burden of being captain , Robbie would run amok !! He could play more of his natural game , relying on instinct rather than having to think out a play in a nanosecond.

This is not a shot at Farah, far from it. If anything , it is an acknowledgement of his rare talent and guile. Some will agree with me , some wont . I see a parallel with Thurston being captain for the Cowboys. I believe his form has slid since he got the big "C" next to his name. Chris is also young , a future leader and an integral part of Wests Tigers future. I believe that Robbie should stay captain for 2010 , with Lawrence his deputy , swapping roles for 2011 :ugeek:

@Tigerdazz said:
When Robbie is hot , he is lava hot. When he is cold , well the best he gets is luke warm ! As much as I wouldn't replace him for any other hooker in the comp , I would replace him as captain. Here's a smokey. I would make Chris Lawrence captain , with Robbie as vice captain . Both guys are intelligent , great footballers and can read play. I believe Chris should be captain for 3 very good reasons.

Firstly he has more time. Robbie is at dummy half and has less time to look at the complete picture. He is more suited for unorthodox play , keeping up the forward run and taking advantage of lazy markers etc. Secondly , Chris is further back and has more time to run general play , and look for holes or lack of defenders out wide. Thirdly , I believe without the burden of being captain , Robbie would run amok !! He could play more of his natural game , relying on instinct rather than having to think out a play in a nanosecond.

This is not a shot at Farah, far from it. If anything , it is an acknowledgement of his rare talent and guile. Some will agree with me , some wont . I see a parallel with Thurston being captain for the Cowboys. I believe his form has slid since he got the big "C" next to his name. Chris is also young , a future leader and an integral part of Wests Tigers future. I believe that Robbie should stay captain for 2010 , with Lawrence his deputy , swapping roles for 2011 :ugeek:

I think youre getting a halfback and a captain confused.

@sjtiger said:
No way will he be recalled (unless an injury to Ennis)
Farah is far and away the better player; we all know that
BUT
They will not drop Ennis at 2-0 down & bring Farah back in. (Just a mirror image of what happened in 09 & selectors are too 'Proud" to do a backflip of that nature.

I'm a QLD'er by blood and I hope QLD smashes NSW for the next two games, but as much as I love watching QLD win I really hope Farah will be reselected next year and with him the Blues pick up a series as a testament to his committment and talent, and to really show up that fraud Ennis up!

In saying that, I'm happy to watch Ennis do "well" this year just so they can't divert Farah's attention from this years premiership aspirations.

i find it hard to believe a player is picked based on whether he is "origin material", seeing how one ben creagh is in the team, who can back pedal to the 1988 seoul olympics at the sight of hodges

If I hear the term 'Origin Material' again I am going to punch someone. They have chosen the likes of Cooper, Bird, Gallen, White, Cross, Ennis for the last few seasons. This origin material type players haven't win a series. Get in the flair type backs and working forwards with a impact bench like Queensland. That is the likes of Hayne, Merrit, Jennings, Lawrence, Morris, Carney, Pearce, Douglas, Ennis, Snowden, Hindmarsh, Heghington, Lewis starting with the likes of Gidley, Watmough, Mannah & Tolman off the bench. Enthusiasim and flair personified. These NSW teams being named aren't capable of scoring enough points to beat Queensland even though they are attempting to contain them from scoring so many points.

Back