Robbie farah

@willow said:
On a sidenote, Robbie will be a guest host on the Footy Show tonight.

What happened to the media ban….3 wins and it's sweet...

Don't like it....

Sterlo said we've hit form... :unamused:

Here comes the hype...

@Allan Towle said:
If I hear the term 'Origin Material' again I am going to punch someone. They have chosen the likes of Cooper, Bird, Gallen, White, Cross, Ennis for the last few seasons. This origin material type players haven't win a series. Get in the flair type backs and working forwards with a impact bench like Queensland. That is the likes of Hayne, Merrit, Jennings, Lawrence, Morris, Carney, Pearce, Douglas, **Ennis**, Snowden, Hindmarsh, Heghington, Lewis starting with the likes of Gidley, Watmough, Mannah & Tolman off the bench. Enthusiasim and flair personified. These NSW teams being named aren't capable of scoring enough points to beat Queensland even though they are attempting to contain them from scoring so many points.

Mate Ennis wouldnt know what flair is if it hit him in the face!

@Geo. said:
@Jazza said:
But by kicking early you are kicking when the opposition have their wingers up, meaning more ground for the fullback to cover which means more time for the defenders to get to him, less ground made because the winger and fullback arent taking the ball on the full and because of the extra ground made, the opposition forwards have further to travel back onside.

Add to that it eliminates the possiblity of dropping the ball in your own half on tackle 4 and 5.

Jazza ….that's all well and good when the long kicking game is half decent.....but when the ball sails out over the sideline on the full......or straight down the winger/fullbacks throat on the 30....those plays cost us in the end....

I can see what you and Southerntiger mean, I used to think the same thing.

But the way I see it, by not having a long kicking game, then thats more reason to kick it early. The reason why I think that is because only the fullback is back, so you are less likely to kick the ball to either the fullback or the wingers on the full. Which means that you are going to find ground and make up for the distance you lost by kicking early anyway.
The bonus is, the fullback will be isolated, there wont be much momentum to begin the set, and more distance for the opposition forwards to get back.

I also think by kicking early, we wont see as many kicks out on the full, because our kickers wont be under the pressure that they generally are when they kick on the last.

And if we keep kicking early, then the opposition wingers and the fullback are more likely to drop back earlier in the tackle count, which then gives us the opportunity to spread it out wide, or for Benji to chip over the top.

And as I said earlier it lowers the possibility of turning the ball over in your own half.

But thats the way I see things.

Happy to see obbie on 9 last night. Unfortunaly the rest of the format forced me to switch to season 1 of the West Wing after Beau Knows …

Comes across well. Didnt try too hard.

Lets all not forget that Robbie is still only 26.

If the selectors do not think that Robbie is not the best hooker for NSW , then so be it.
I would rather have him fit and going well for wests-tigers.
yes it would be great to play Origin, but finishing in top 8 is a priority.

yeh it was nice seeing robbie on last night, the little bits i watched, also good to see the home town of lennox head finally getting a plug!!!! whoo will never have to say "im from a town near byron bay"

but it was also sad to see robbie knowing how much he wants to be playing state of origin football. Where in some of his really great years for the club he was stuck behind buderus and now they choose the grub ennis? im a NSW man living in QLD so im happy for nsw to get flogged hoping that it will force the selectors to open their eyes.

I reckon you might be overthinking Robbies average form.
He is the ideal captain in my eyes. 80 minute player, touches the ball the most, nears the top tackles made each week, can kick, can lead by example, has his players respect and most importantly is the spearhead of our structure.
Dont forget how he lead us through 2008\. That was a true captains knock.
His form may be average compared to his usually very high standard, but he's still one of our best each and every week. Imo that elbow injury put a big speedhump in his season, coupled with the disheartning of not making the NSW team has him looking like a proffessional footballer just doing his job rather then a bloke playing footy fo the fun of it.
I also think Sheens is pulling the reigns in on both Benji and Farah a bit to try and make a more balanced outfit (especially involving Lui more). He's also played on boggy tracks for the past 3 weeks and deserves some credit for leading the team to 3 wins after all the pressure they were under.

My prediction is once S.O.O is over and hopefully with his elbow feeling better, Robbie (along with Benji) will start to really fire with the finals in sight (just like last year). He's just got to ride out this part of the season.

On Lawrence, sorry mate but I just can't see any sense in Lawrence as captain. He's what 21, 22\. I'd pick about 4 or 5 players before him.
Farah will be the Tigers captain until he retires.

@Tigerdazz said:
When Robbie is hot , he is lava hot. When he is cold , well the best he gets is luke warm ! As much as I wouldn't replace him for any other hooker in the comp , I would replace him as captain. Here's a smokey. I would make Chris Lawrence captain , with Robbie as vice captain . Both guys are intelligent , great footballers and can read play. I believe Chris should be captain for 3 very good reasons.

Firstly he has more time. Robbie is at dummy half and has less time to look at the complete picture. He is more suited for unorthodox play , keeping up the forward run and taking advantage of lazy markers etc. Secondly , Chris is further back and has more time to run general play , and look for holes or lack of defenders out wide. Thirdly , I believe without the burden of being captain , Robbie would run amok !! He could play more of his natural game , relying on instinct rather than having to think out a play in a nanosecond.

This is not a shot at Farah, far from it. If anything , it is an acknowledgement of his rare talent and guile. Some will agree with me , some wont . I see a parallel with Thurston being captain for the Cowboys. I believe his form has slid since he got the big "C" next to his name. Chris is also young , a future leader and an integral part of Wests Tigers future. I believe that Robbie should stay captain for 2010 , with Lawrence his deputy , swapping roles for 2011 :ugeek:

@The Tooth said:
I also think Sheens is pulling the reigns in on both Benji and Farah a bit to try and make a more balanced outfit (especially involving Lui more).

Excelent Post Tooth

This is what will be best for the team long term.

Imagine our 6 7 and 9 all confident and fireing - Opposition teams wont know whats happening (and thats without Moltzen @ fullback)

Robbie is the Captain and deservidly so.

Bellamy is a half whit why would nsw keep a coach who has lost the blues 4 straight series's in a row

@Jono10 said:
Bellamy is a half whit why would nsw keep a coach who has lost the blues 4 straight series's in a row

Obviously it's for the same reason they keep the ever-failing selectors… just don't ask me what that reason is!

@Bismark said:
I did hear once, maybe in an interview with someone or a bio on Farah, don't remember exactly, that Robbie is hard to play with.

The style of play he uses requires alot of time to manufacture, and there needs to be alot of work done by everyone to mould together.

Where as Ennis kind of just slots in at hooker, and you can then mould it around Pearce's game.

When I heard that, I knew his representative days would be tainted. It's a shame, but if thats the way it is, I can't 100% blame the selectors. I guess they need to start committing to players more, if we lose games 2 and 3, keep Ennis and Pearce. QLD do so well becuase they all know each other's games back to front.

That was Gus Gould onthe Roast. Basically it means Robbie is too intelligent for the Orgin type player and Ennis is d umb forward who can pass the ball.

@IronTiger said:
@Bismark said:
I did hear once, maybe in an interview with someone or a bio on Farah, don't remember exactly, that Robbie is hard to play with.

The style of play he uses requires alot of time to manufacture, and there needs to be alot of work done by everyone to mould together.

Where as Ennis kind of just slots in at hooker, and you can then mould it around Pearce's game.

When I heard that, I knew his representative days would be tainted. It's a shame, but if thats the way it is, I can't 100% blame the selectors. I guess they need to start committing to players more, if we lose games 2 and 3, keep Ennis and Pearce. QLD do so well becuase they all know each other's games back to front.

That was Gus Gould onthe Roast. Basically it means Robbie is too intelligent for the Orgin type player and **Ennis is a dumb forward who can pass the ball.**

Suits Ennis to a tee.

@IronTiger said:
@Bismark said:

That was Gus Gould onthe Roast. Basically it means Robbie is too intelligent for the Orgin type player and Ennis is d umb forward who can pass the ball.

I'm certain Peter Sterling said the same thing on the footy show.

@Jono10 said:

Actually he has _only_ lost 2 series in a row.

Murray was coach for the first 2 series.

It is becoming obvious that Farah will NEVER get a run for NSW again so long as Daley is a selector. From the Sydney Morning Herald…

_Daley believes the Blues can develop a daunting nucleus - Jarryd Hayne at fullback, Mitchell Pearce at half and **Michael Ennis at hooker**.
''If we get those sort of positions right, it certainly helps the footy team,'' Daley said._

Daley sees Ennis as a long term proposition. My God, this guy's blindness is infuriating.

All Robbie can do is focus on playing his best footy. The last couple of weeks imo have been a big step up. The key imo for Robbie is to play controlled footy and be dominant at the ruck. No dumb mistakes. No hog plays. Good solid defence. Good service from dummy half and make the occassional bust.

I have no doubt he can come up with the skillful plays that will make the selectors realise he is a better option than Ennis but he needs to get his whole game right.

If NSW keep losing & Robbie plays up to his potential he will get another chance.

@tiger05 said:
All Robbie can do is focus on playing his best footy. The last couple of weeks imo have been a big step up. The key imo for Robbie is to play controlled footy and be dominant at the ruck. No dumb mistakes. No hog plays. Good solid defence. Good service from dummy half and make the occassional bust.

I have no doubt he can come up with the skillful plays that will make the selectors realise he is a better option than Ennis but he needs to get his whole game right.

If NSW keep losing & Robbie plays up to his potential he will get another chance.

Agreed,

The one thing Robbie has over Ennis is the most important thing of all, he is a much better player. Robbie will be NSW hooker again because of this simple fact.

Back