Robbie farah

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
Greg Alexander tonight on 2UE Sports today said that he thought the battle between Ennis and Farah was far gone, after a caller mentioned what about farah. He Said Ennis is SOO material and that Farah showed last year he is not made for it? Well if your SOO material how come he hardly makes any tackles, sets up any tries etc? Ennis was outshone by Farah last friday… but who cares, looks bad on ennis when they get flogged by 20 :wink:

He seriously said THAT?

im seriously trying very hard to see what these media types and seemingly an increasing amount of the public sees in ennis's game that gets him such praise. but his supporters (media types) come up with a new reason for favouring him every week, and ive checked for the evidence that he is;
a) A GOOD DEFENDER(his tackles per game are comparable to a hookers that play half the minutes he plays, but his missed tackles are double that of other 80 minute hookers)
b)GETS HIS FORWARDS GOING FORWARD (ricky stuart wrote in an article early this season on why he saw ennis as the better SOO option, he wrote in one paragraph that ennis gets his forwards going forward, yet in another paragraph in the very same article excused ennis's form on the grounds that his forwards werent going forward for him .YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS RICKY!)
c)HE IS TOUGH ( ive never once seen this bloke in a fight, ive seen him start a few, get shoved then back off and ive seen him get half bashed by tiny chris sandow once in a game last year, ive also seen him get brushed off tackles like a pesky fly. harldy evidence of being tough.
d) MADE FOR ORIGIN. (stuff it, if your out of reasons, just make something up. 'made for origin' is crap and is clearly something dumb people say to feel like they know more than the rest of us (laurie daley,andrew johns, greg alexander, thats right boys, you were all great players but you are all dumb as dogs *#@%. an IQ of 99 might sound good lads but its well short , just like your commentary abilities. while im at it, were any of the following 'made for origin'? langer, thurston, lockyer….... not hookers i know, but under the 'made for origin' mentality these guys would never have been given a shot.)

@BornBlack&Gold said:
Greg Alexander tonight on 2UE Sports today said that he thought the battle between Ennis and Farah was far gone, after a caller mentioned what about farah. He Said Ennis is SOO material and that Farah showed last year he is not made for it? Well if your SOO material how come he hardly makes any tackles, sets up any tries etc? Ennis was outshone by Farah last friday… but who cares, looks bad on ennis when they get flogged by 20 :wink:

He seriously said THAT?

im seriously trying very hard to see what these media types and seemingly an increasing amount of the public sees in ennis's game that gets him such praise. but his supporters (media types) come up with a new reason for favouring him every week, and ive checked for the evidence that he is;
a) A GOOD DEFENDER(his tackles per game are comparable to a hookers that play half the minutes he plays, but his missed tackles are double that of other 80 minute hookers)
b)GETS HIS FORWARDS GOING FORWARD (ricky stuart wrote in an article early this season on why he saw ennis as the better SOO option, he wrote in one paragraph that ennis gets his forwards going forward, yet in another paragraph in the very same article excused ennis's form on the grounds that his forwards werent going forward for him .YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS RICKY!)
c)HE IS TOUGH ( ive never once seen this bloke in a fight, ive seen him start a few, get shoved then back off and ive seen him get half bashed by tiny chris sandow once in a game last year, ive also seen him get brushed off tackles like a pesky fly. harldy evidence of being tough.
d) MADE FOR ORIGIN. (stuff it, if your out of reasons, just make something up. 'made for origin' is crap and is clearly something dumb people say to feel like they know more than the rest of us (laurie daley,andrew johns, greg alexander, thats right boys, you were all great players but you are all dumb as dogs *#@%. an IQ of 99 might sound good lads but its well short , just like your commentary abilities. while im at it, were any of the following 'made for origin'? langer, thurston, lockyer….... not hookers i know, but under the 'made for origin' mentality these guys would never have been given a shot.)

Farah had his chance. Fluffed it.

Farah will be there next year when we have a new NSW coach. Most coaches will have him in front of Ennis and I am sure the new NSW coach will be no different.

BTW the talking sport team on 2Sm of 2 ex-bulldogs think that Ennis doesn't do enough and Farah is unlucky. The SMH seem to think that Farah should be there as well. I guess Ennis can't suck off all the media.

This made for origin is crap; the players labeled made for origin by the NSW selectors/press have never won a series eg. Gallen, O'donnell etc… If they were made for origin they would be winners at origin level.

it seems that there are two recurring themes about farah's non-selection:
1\. he's quite dominant in the playing structure. phil gould said that in the 8-9 days in origin camp it is too short a period to build you game around farah. he said the same about campese. basically these two guys run their club sides but origin doesn't work that way. i think that's crap because it means you will never pick the best players in their position… worst case you could do what queensland does and have some form of camp pre-season to allow players to gel.
2\. statistically farah makes more tackles per game than ennis and misses fewer. however, the reason farah's defence comes up as an issue in SOO is that generally he is driven back in the tackle which gives the opposition a quick play-the-ball. ennis however 'apparently' has more dominance in defence and so slows down the play. this has been stated time and time again as farah's 'defensive weakness'. stupid thing is that NSW needs points and they are not going to get it from ennis...

@angeman said:
it seems that there are two recurring themes about farah's non-selection:
1\. he's quite dominant in the playing structure. phil gould said that in the 8-9 days in origin camp it is too short a period to build you game around farah. he said the same about campese. basically these two guys run their club sides but origin doesn't work that way. i think that's crap because it means you will never pick the best players in their position… worst case you could do what queensland does and have some form of camp pre-season to allow players to gel.
2\. statistically farah makes more tackles per game than ennis and misses fewer. however, the reason farah's defence comes up as an issue in SOO is that generally he is driven back in the tackle which gives the opposition a quick play-the-ball. **ennis however 'apparently' has more dominance in defence and so slows down the play.** this has been stated time and time again as farah's 'defensive weakness'. stupid thing is that NSW needs points and they are not going to get it from ennis...

Its easy to have dominance when you're the second or third man into the tackle, just like Ennis. He tries to make a tackle himself and he gets bounced. :laughing:

I don't get how most of you can't see that Farah has been out of form for a long time. He was terrible in origin last year and Ennis has been a huge improvement. Atm he simply doesn't deserve his spot. Farah stuffed his opportunity whereas Ennis has taken it so far.

Now I agree that Farah is getting his form back. His last couple of games have been real good. He is a player who could be a much bigger weapon in origin than Ennis however he needs to keep his current form up and even improve on it.

I can't see NSW winning in origin consistently for a while. Hayne at fullback is the best decision that NSW have made and it will give them a better chance however I doubt they can turn it around. Farah should get another chance. If he keeps his form up for the Tigers and NSW continue losing it will come.

Farah himself has not been out of form.
The tigers team has been and more particularly the forwards.
Its hard for a hooker to shine when your forwards are getting dominated.
To be fair the same goes for Ennis but once the forwards are dominating I'd rather Farah.

@tiger05 said:
**I don't get how most of you can't see that Farah has been out of form for a long time.** He was terrible in origin last year and Ennis has been a huge improvement. Atm he simply doesn't deserve his spot. Farah stuffed his opportunity whereas Ennis has taken it so far.

Now I agree that Farah is getting his form back. His last couple of games have been real good. He is a player who could be a much bigger weapon in origin than Ennis however he needs to keep his current form up and even improve on it.

I can't see NSW winning in origin consistently for a while. Hayne at fullback is the best decision that NSW have made and it will give them a better chance however I doubt they can turn it around. Farah should get another chance. If he keeps his form up for the Tigers and NSW continue losing it will come.

Its called _bias_

@prattenpark said:
Origin is simply an advertising vehicle for channel 9\. I don't pay my Wests Tigers membership to have the season interrupted by SOO. I can never develop any passion for NSW, a team full of opposition players that I hate. I wanna see the likes of Watmough, Hayne, Ennis get their heads knocked off. I'm hardly gonna cheer for them.

At best, SOO should be one game each year, played on a Friday night with every team having a bye. Rotate the location between Sydney, Brisbane and anywhere they wish to 'showcase' the game. 3 games spread over 6 or 8 weeks, or whatever it is, is an interference to the main game - the premiership.

Personally, I'm glad there are no Tigers involved in this time wasting exercise. I hope QLD smash em again, and keep doing so until someone figures out that it is a senseless waste of time.

This is a valid point I must admit. Even though its firmly entrenched in me to cheer the Blues, I can't stand Watmough, Hayne, Beau Scott, and Ennis.

and i'm all for no tigers in the origin team - just as long as they can snipe some of the depleted teams during origin period

@TIGERS said:
@BornBlack&Gold said:

He seriously said THAT?

Farah had his chance. Fluffed it.

Since when was someone judged after one performance, he played injured, should never had played and stuffed up big deal, what about all the other players bar hayne whom IMO was outstanding last yr in the SOO. They did diddly squat!! He had no go forward from an inept pack of forwards and was out of his comfort zone and his style of play as he couldn't run from dummy half, had to consistently pass the ball from dummy half, something Ennis can only do!! He can't play under Bellamy's system, we need a SOO coach that will let the team play their Natural game!! BRING BACK TOMMY!!!!

@LARDS said:
Farah himself has not been out of form.
The tigers team has been and more particularly the forwards.
Its hard for a hooker to shine when your forwards are getting dominated.
To be fair the same goes for Ennis but once the forwards are dominating I'd rather Farah.

I just don't see this. Farah has been ordinary for a while. He was terrible in origin. Our forwards haven't been that bad - the poor form has been predominately Farah for a significant period of last year and both Farah and Benji recently.

I think the last two games Farah has improved significantly and if it continues I assume he will get another call up. If he does well then he will probably keep his spot.

@innsaneink said:
@tiger05 said:
**I don't get how most of you can't see that Farah has been out of form for a long time.** He was terrible in origin last year and Ennis has been a huge improvement. Atm he simply doesn't deserve his spot. Farah stuffed his opportunity whereas Ennis has taken it so far.

Its called _bias_

Do you honestly think that Farah has been out of form "for a long time"?

Taking that into account - his stats are still way above Ennis in most areas.

So really, if he was out of form for so long, his out of form is still much better than Ennis in form.

I think Farah set such a high standard in 2007, that when he is not making a match winning play every game, he is said to be not performing. I disagree.

@tiger05 said:
I just don't see this. Farah has been ordinary for a while. He was terrible in origin. Our forwards haven't been that bad - the poor form has been predominately Farah for a significant period of last year and both Farah and Benji recently.

I think the last two games Farah has improved significantly and if it continues I assume he will get another call up. If he does well then he will probably keep his spot.

Ordinary is a bit harsh…

Farah had his best game against the Dogs in a while.....Don't think he's all that happy with his form ATM either....

but Marshall and Farah at their best ....at the same time....look out!!!!

Has it ever happened?

This tops it off!! Cam Smith's vote of confidence to Ennis, maybe because he knows with him in the team QLD will win?

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/ennis-built-for-origin-92755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<big>Ennis built for Origin</big>

Michael Ennis is a player that opposition teams are rarely too fond of, but ahead of the all-important second State of Origin clash, the controversial Blues hooker has received a vote of confidence from an unlikely source in Cameron Smith.

While Ennis is known throughout the game as a 'stirrer', and in the past has even managed to get under the skin of the unflappable Petero Civoniceva, his Maroons opposite says he has the right qualities for Origin football.

"Mick's a competitive bloke. A lot of people think he's a bit of a grub, but I just see him as someone that likes to be in the action," Smith told Sportal.

"He likes doing the best for his team, you always see him up in the face of the ball-runners and trying to get under your skin, but that's just part of the game.

"You hear about players that are built for Origin and I think he's one of them," he said.

While the New South Wales selectors have struggled to settle on a team in recent years, ringing change after change in vital positions, Smith obviously thought they had it right in the hooking department.

**"You might say Robbie Farrah is a more skilful player, but Mick Ennis is a tough bloke," said Smith.\
\
"He's always where the ball is, always trying to find ways to unsettle the opposition and a lot of the time it works for him and his team."**

"It'll be good to come up against Mick again."

Smith, who rejoins the Maroons side after ruling himself out of game one with an elbow injury, was clearly amped up and chomping at the bit for his chance to take on the Blues after spending game one in the unfamiliar confines of the coaches' box.

"It's exciting to be recovered from the injury now and to know that I'll be out there next Wednesday playing for Queensland," said Smith.

"It was frustrating to make the decision that I wouldn't be there for game one."

"A lot of people were saying we wouldn't be able to beat the Blues on their home turf but the boys played a great game of footy," he said.

Making up for lost time will surely motivate the proud former Maroons captain, but even that pales in comparison to the importance Smith has put on giving the Queensland crowd at Suncorp Stadium a worthy performance.

"Obviously it's the only home game we've got this year, and we were pretty disappointed with the effort we put in last year," said Smith.
"We thought we let our fans down, so we want to make sure that we go out and play well next Wednesday; we'll certainly have a good chance of winning if we do that.

"But more importantly we have to make sure we're showing our fans that we're doing our best for the state – that's who we're playing for," he said.

@hybrid_tiger said:

So really, if he was out of form for so long, his out of form is still much better than Ennis in form.

I think Farah set such a high standard in 2007, that when he is not making a match winning play every game, he is said to be not performing. I disagree.

You sort of answer your own question. In 2007 he was a gun. He was our best player easily.

He has been nowhere near that level for a while. During last years origin he was terrible. I think he is getting back up there in the last two games but he is still a far way off how he was playing in 07.

I don't really compare Ennis & Farah. It is close now because Robbie hasn't been at his best but if Robbie gets back to close to top form he has it all over Ennis.

If he ever gets back to 2007 levels we are in a bit of trouble.

He was so good and such a standout because we were performing so poorly as a team that it forced him to take on more and more. Now that our line up is better balanced and more work orientated he has a vital role to play but it will not stand out as much. Cameron Smith does not bust teams up the ruck every game but he does his job and knows when to pick his opportunities.

IMO if Farah keeps honing what he is doing right now with the side he will be far better for the Wests Tigers than in 2007 even though it may not be as flashy

@tiger05 said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

You sort of answer your own question. In 2007 he was a gun. He was our best player easily.

He has been nowhere near that level for a while. During last years origin he was terrible. I think he is getting back up there in the last two games but he is still a far way off how he was playing in 07.

I don't really compare Ennis & Farah. It is close now because Robbie hasn't been at his best but if Robbie gets back to close to top form he has it all over Ennis.

It is impossible to play at that level he did in 2007 for a sustained period. You can't expect him to be that dominant week in week out, every year. Look at Hayne last year, those last 10 weeks or so he was ridiculously good - has not got close to that form this season. Is he out of form this year? I don't think so, no. You can't play like that every week.

I think it ridiculous that Farah is even compared to Ennis, he is so far ahead it isn't funny. I also don't think Robbie is going as bad as many make out - he was down for a couple of weeks when our whole side was poor, but I don't think he has been bad at all this year or last, aside from the odd game here and there. He is one of our better players most weeks of the competition.

@smeghead said:
IMO if Farah keeps honing what he is doing right now with the side he will be far better for the Wests Tigers than in 2007 even though it may not be as flashy

I agree. I think the last couple of weeks he is really getting back to being a top performer.

Farah's major problem is the same as Benji's, he sometimes overplays his hand and comes up with a bad play. Now a lot of the time he'll come up with the winning play, so its easy for me to say eliminate the bad play, but not so easy to do in reality.

Back