LIVE GAME Round 1 Discussion *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Good start for the Dragons and disappointing for the Titans who always look good on paper to me but consistently falter. Granted they lost a couple of their big guns before the game but the battle of the old coaches to get the best out of their new teams was a comprehensive win to Flannagan.

Rugby league is a very basic game.
The Storm,Dragons and Parra showed the formula.Run Hard,tackle hard and try to hold the ball,you’ll be competitive.
It’s a little more intricate than that. I can’t imagine that’s all coaches say in the week leading up to a game. If so, their jobs would be pretty redundant

It’s a little more intricate than that. I can’t imagine that’s all coaches say in the week leading up to a game. If so, their jobs would be pretty redundant
Of course.But a huge part of the game is effort areas..line speed,play the ball speed,kick chase,support play.That’s more what a mean by “Run hard,Tackle Hard”
Every player playing in the NRL knows how to play the game ,working on set plays and combinations is great,but some coaches just know how to get lads ready to run through a brick wall.

Deep down you know it’s not good. You know it’s not going to be any different to any other season. But good for you for being positive.
I’m a tigers fan . Of course we are worried for the season . But that’s our baseline position . I remember being worried for the 2012 season , and look what happened . 2 years later the whole team was playing for Cronulla and the rest of the nrl .
But what you’re doing is not mentally ok mate . It’s like reading the notebook of someone with severe anxiety …. There’s absolutely no point in wrist cutting until we kick a ball .
Until then , you’re just doing your own head in with this anxiety inducing , misery circle jerk / echo chamber .
It makes you all look like it’s the misery you’re here for ….
The dragons turned up with an nrl attitude for a trial . You can say things like “well so should have we” but I personally never gave much a shit when I played trials . It was about getting used to the physicality of footy again , of working out how to play with your team and working out where you fit within that team .
Good for the dragons that kind of attitude has lead to a hammering of the titans and a strong start to the season .
But that’s the exception not the rule . Most teams are looking to build into thier season not redline in round 1. The storm can do it because they have the quality in the squad to make it happen . But the dragons do not . I wish them well , but it’s a marathon not a sprint . And I’m yet to be convinced based on the footy I’ve seen this weekend that we’ve somehow missed the start . I don’t think we have …
I’ll give one more anecdote . When I used to go for runs in another life there was a let’s say boss , who every single time we took off would sprint out 100-200m in front of everyone who wasn’t an amazing runner .
We used to have to go for 5/10km runs depending on the day .
💯 of the time by the 2km mark nearly all of us had caught up , and by the end he was minutes behind us .
The point is… when you sprint out of the start unless you’re an absolute gun , then it’s just for show .. Melbourne are the gun … st George I think it’s for show … we will see I guess

Remember being really impressed with the footy at the beginning of last year. Total opposite for the games this weekend. Thought the standard was OK in Vegas and didn't see much of the sharks game.

Cartwright - not so maligned anymore.
The guy has a very checkered past marked by some questionable relationships, the most recent one being with his "pro choice/anti vax" partner that led to even more controversy during the COVID period at the Gold Coast.

I think it is more than coincidence that parting ways with his last partner has probably sorted his life to an extent and now sees him playing more in line with the potential that he displayed earlier on in his career.

My thoughts only.

The single greatest one season wonder of all time
I reckons it's Tim Smith. For that matter, there have been a few rookie of the year recipients who did jack squat after their first season like Jason Martin, Will Robinson and Tasesa Lavea. It can be a poison chalice.

As a club we really missed the boat with not picking up Flanagan. Anyways someone go drug test the dragons because this is not the same team as last year

Dragons have plenty of strike and now they have got a hard arse coach that has got them fit they will trouble teams. Funny Liddle use to always get gased with us after 30 mins, and reportedly was not a fan of hard arse Maguire and now under another hard arse that identified that the team needed to be fitter he might actually reach the potential that he was tagged with.

Dragons have plenty of strike and now they have got a hard arse coach that has got them fit they will trouble teams. Funny Liddle use to always get gased with us after 30 mins, and reportedly was not a fan of hard arse Maguire and now under another hard arse that identified that the team needed to be fitter he might actually reach the potential that he was tagged with.
One guy's hard yet can get his players to buy in and builds a connection with them.
The other guy's hard and communicates like the creepy uncle awkwardly talking to his pretty niece.
You work out which is which.

Back