LIVE GAME Round 11 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
The best FBs are punching out 200m regularly.
Why isn’t he running the ball? Who is responsible for trying to turn an attacking weapon into a ball player?
He’s not even running off the ball to help create any unpredictability like any decent fullback does.
Craig Bellamy couldn’t get a team to attack well with him as the fullback.

Not forgetting he only bothered to wrap around his halfback or 5/8 to try and create an overlap line any half decent fullback does once or twice all game,
Good fullbacks bring a lot of the unpredictability into their teams attack, he offers nothing as a fullback.
He might make it as a winger but centre, but I’m not even confident about that to be honest.

Back to the Bula bashing ?

Who did play well ..Naden ? The Forbes Ferrari? Klemmer ?

Feledy is another junior league tearaway that looks shite up against grown men. Think of Zac Cini but fatter

throw the cheque book at blokes like Trae fuller and David Armstrong, atm I’m starting to liken the idea of Bula to centre if we can get another fullback on the books
I don't think the knights will let Armstrong go, I think they'd be more interested in releasing ponga

He’s not even running off the ball to help create any unpredictability like any decent f
Craig Bellamy couldn’t get a team to attack well with him as the fullback.

What could be do with the rest of the outside backs ?

Ferrari, Neanderthal Naden, Hip drop Olam and Rugby Union guy?

Yeah and the peanut gallery on fox saying it was of his chest?!? Hit his chest and his upper arm which is a knock on!! Pathetic bias commentary again from the fox tools, Corey Parker please how many sighs per game. F me!!
Also the Shepard that Kepoa showed fir the last try, ohh that right Badger….
Look we have massive problems with scoring points and that’s why we are losing!
But the eels are meant to be in the top 8 and nobody’s death riding them like the fox team does us, FFS we are the wooden spooners.
What about when fidow makes the break and passes it to us! When Corey Parker gets off his knees and is wiping his face about Fidow. Imagine if we made the break and passed it to the opposition, what would he say about us???
Seriously, the Fox commentators are not out to get us. Even if they were, they have no bearing on our poor performances.

Our mob are a very depressing watch for two hours every week.They are so far behind the pack in the skill stakes. In saying that defensively they have a real dig.

Tonight they were so poor at the basic fundamentals of the game, there was no kick chase, there was no plan on tackle 5, they had Klemmer taking fourth tackle hit ups, and basic discipline was abysmal.

The bottom line, they are having a dig, but the roster just doesn’t have the three really skilled players to carry the other 14 plodders.

Seriously, the Fox commentators are not out to get us. Even if they were, they have no bearing on our poor performances.
Yes they are champ and I believe it has a bearing on us in the way of refs believing the hype from these morons. Negative attracts negative. So why aren’t they healing crap in the eels??? As I said they wheeler favourites fur the finals now being lapped by teams, yet nothing…

What could be do with the rest of the outside backs ?

Ferrari, Neanderthal Naden, Hip drop Olam and Rugby Union guy?
Alaimalo is improving and played well under the circumstances.
Olam also played well and although I acknowledge Staines is missing a crucial one on one tackle each game and seems to be lacking confidence when he’s in open space, he’s not lacking anything in effort and is clearly hitting top speed with almost every hit up, he is not the problem in why our attack is so diabolical.
Sullivan and Galvin were also well below par, but the fullbacks lack of involvement, lack of attacking IQ and general lack of effort is the biggest reason why our attack is so poor.
Lack of punch from our edge back rowers is also a massive problem, aside from a few tackle busts from young Samuela we are getting nothing in this area.
If someone from within the club such as Richo does not bite the bullet and cut 6-8 players from within our squad immediately and replace them with much better players currently not getting NRL opportunities at other clubs, we will run last again, no ifs and buts about it.
Let’s show the likes of Api, Stef & Olam that we are not going both col crap and at least try and make change before it’s too late.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BZN
I'm worried about Pole's defense. We don't have the team to carry that. Always gives up breaks and tries.

Fainu brothers are looking really good. S Fainu making excellent desperation tackles.

Olam got more ball, including early ball and once again looked great.

Forward rotation was better, Stefano getting more minutes is good and he gets better throughout a game.

Sullivan holding up but every attacking set of six highlights how desperate we are for a quality halfback.

We actually contained marshall-king for once.

It's time for Twal to run all out or be dropped.

Kicking game and set organisation was once again a major concern.

You can see when we get into attacking positions we have no strategy, and our ineptness there dashes our confidence.

It's just a massive rut at the moment.

Api in press conference is talking about his errors and missed tackles, I love that accountability. No faffing about, he's real honest and concerned. I wish more of our team talked so directly and cared as much.

Alaimalo is improving and played well under the circumstances.
Olam also played well and although I acknowledge Staines is missing a crucial one on one tackle each game and seems to be lacking confidence when he’s in open space, he’s not lacking anything in effort and is clearly hitting top speed with almost every hit up, he is not the problem in our attack is so diabolical.
Sullivan and Galvin were also well below par, but the fullbacks lack of involvement, lack of attacking IQ and general lack of effort is the biggest reason why our attack is so poor.
Lack of punch from our edge back rowers is also a massive problem, aside from a few tackle busts from young Samuela we are getting nothing in this area.
If someone from within the club such as Richo does not bite the bullet and cut 6-8 players from within our squad immediately and replace them with much better players currently not getting NRL opportunities at other clubs, we will run last again, no ifs and buts about it.
Let’s show the likes of Api, Stef & Olam that we are not going both col crap and at least try and make change before it’s too late.

Everyone else in the backs improving … and its all Bulas fault ,,.insane

Ffs this thread... if only one thing was different hey? insert name of player or ref here.

We have been a shit team for all of Bula and Galvin's life bar a couple of years. Put them in a good team and you have the equivalent of other young guns. Now I'm reading we can't carry Pole? Well then we sure as [This word has been automatically removed] can't carry Klemmer or Twal.

Look, we suck. Every week is a train wreck in its own special way I get it. The fans just piling on the few bright spots in our team doesn't make sense to me.

Yes they are champ and I believe it has a bearing on us in the way of refs believing the hype from these morons. Negative attracts negative. So why aren’t they healing crap in the eels??? As I said they wheeler favourites fur the finals now being lapped by teams, yet nothing…
Ok, the refs all sit around together and watch Fox highlights and NRL 360 and because of this decide to give our opposition the rub of the green.

Souths have coped a bit from the media this year.

Latest posts

Back