3-2-1 Round 16 v storm

Commentators seemed to love Wishart..
Guys nothing special - filling in for Grant.
Had a solid game tho.

Warbrick is an exciting player...
Carved us up tonight and sure had Tupous card.

As for us...

3 Blore - few things to work on but his best game in a Tigers jersey
2 Klemmer, he's the heart of the team it appears
1 Papalii'i, lots of energy

3. Blore
2. Papalii'i
3. Bateman

PS will always remember the 1st game for #14, he is going to be special.
And Bula - he is outstanding.
And Klemmer takes them forward like the old hand he is.
For a well beaten team, they tried their guts out, just lacked that general to guide the ship.

Papapli’i has concerned me this year. He doesn’t look happy and doesn’t look to have settled in with this squad. He seems to be doing it tough here.
Today he played excellently.
180m in attack and 40 tackles. Good work.

No points for anyone else.

Thought Paps was really good for us as was Bula. Blore played far better in the second half than he has to date and hope he can build on that.
On the negative side - I was disappointed with Wakeham, and AJ defended poorly all game. Tupou has not performed that well since his game against Penrith.
Somehow I think we need to try Laurie, Reilly or Smith at 5/8 and put Toa back into centre with AJ as a bench middle.
Many on here will hate this, but we missed Brooks tonight.

Thought Paps was really good for us as was Bula. Blore played far better in the second half than he has to date and hope he can build on that.
On the negative side - I was disappointed with Wakeham, and AJ defended poorly all game. Tupou has not performed that well since his game against Penrith.
Somehow I think we need to try Laurie, Reilly or Smith at 5/8 and put Toa back into centre with AJ as a bench middle.
Many on here will hate this, but we missed Brooks tonight.
Reilly to centre, kids played 11 games and scored 9 try’s, has 4 try assists, 29 tackle breaks, 88.4% tackle efficiency.
Has looked good in attack and defence, he knows how to find the line.

Smith or Laurie to 6 is the only option for now I reckon. Laurie has been smashing it in cup, he deserves a chance to prove him self at 6, he just has no kicking game.

Smith maybe off the bench at 14.

Reilly to centre, kids played 11 games and scored 9 try’s, has 4 try assists, 29 tackle breaks, 88.4% tackle efficiency.
Has looked good in attack and defence, he knows how to find the line.

Smith or Laurie to 6 is the only option for now I reckon. Laurie has been smashing it in cup, he deserves a chance to prove him self at 6, he just has no kicking game.

Smith maybe off the bench at 14.
Raps on Laurie and Smith from those that have watched a lot of Cup are not so good, so i am not sure. We certainly need to get AJ out of the backs and get our backline D in order. Toa back to centre is a start. The few times I’ve seen Reilly he looked to have some skills and footy smarts.

What a waste of space this 3-2-1 is imo.
It’s basically who makes the least errors and dumb plays gets the points. And for what, to identify the good guys.

Lose 6 tries to 1 to Storm at our " home ground " with no Munster I can't see the point of 3,2,1
I do wish in the days after our 66 pt highlight that the executive had just stayed out of it !

3 Papali’i - he was real good.
2 Bula - nothing outstanding but he is so Dylan Edwards like in that he just does so many things right and has so few mistakes.
1 Blore - it was great to see him running hard.

Back