LIVE GAME Round 18 vs. Cowboys

Live Game Discussion
I just made myself watch ethe replay & fair dinkum 80% of their tries came down our right side (Nofa - Toa - Wakeham - Papalii). Nofa & Wakeham were terrible with some of their reads & efforts in D. Also the inexperience of Bula & Tupou really told too as did 1-2 defensive efforts from Tallyn which is understandable at his age & body strength.

Cowboys really exploited our weaknesses with Drinkwater, Dearden & Holmes storming this edge and then their confidence, home crowd got their energy up to roll through the middle and everything they tried, came off.

We need to put this result behind us. Main thing to do for Thursday night is correct this right edge defence & get the player's mindset that this result isn't on & prove it.

-Nofa to be replaced by Kepaoa or Talau (no other options)
-IP to move back to left side backrow, Bateman to move back to right side backrow
-Wakeham to be replaced by Will Smith at halfback (got to try something, maybe Will's experience will help)
-Assuming Stef is selected for SOO, start with middles Klemmer, Pole & Seyfarth (Matamua, Blore & James bench)

That's all I have.
Good, balanced comments. The reason I found the performance so disheartening was that it was the first game where they were truly embarrassed after a season of striving hard and mainly losing games narrowly. All credibility was completely blown out of the water.

Maybe if the happy clappers followed suit
change would happen.... But as I stated elsewhere for every person that does what I did, there's another 10 or 20 the following year will get conned into buying a membership

I'm probably a grand better off for it tho
Well as you said, doesn't do much for your "statement of intent" if the management are able to grow memberships despite the losing seasons.

This is no offence to you or anyone who cancels their membership; I can understand the sentiment and share the disappointment. But I also don't think cancelling a membership does anything to change the corporate structure. Even if very large numbers, if the Board thinks they or the Front Office are doing an OK job, they'll all hold onto their positions.

And I don't think Tigers do exit surveys for memberships, do they? IF not, they wouldn't even know exactly why people are cancelling.

Also each decision to be a member (or not) is personal and not a con. Most people know what they are signing up for and Tigers didn't get bad overnight.

To quote Jerry Seinfeld when talking to George, they don’t need a therapist, the need a team. They need to go to Vienna.
I reckon the whole club needs a therapist to learn how to become a team.
I never watched Seinfeld so You'll have to enlighten me as to what going to Vienna means.

Has there ever been such results when a team has played each other twice in a season.

From 66-18 to 0-74. Insane.

66-92 aggregate 🤣
another NRL RECORD
So something must happen this week. It should be the likes of Pascoe, Lee H and Sheens falling on their swords but it won’t be.
Looking at players who you’d tell they’re free to look elsewhere for next year, who would you tell. I’d probably start with Laurie, Wakeham, Nofo, Naden and Will Smith to start.
Of the players, who would you move on?

That’s actually the loss we needed to have. It was beyond bad but the reality is with this squad when good teams play hard for 80 and execute they will annihilate the Tigers.
The difference Api and any semblance of a halfback make are huge. We probably lose by 50 instead.

I just made myself watch ethe replay & fair dinkum 80% of their tries came down our right side (Nofa - Toa - Wakeham - Papalii). Nofa & Wakeham were terrible with some of their reads & efforts in D. Also the inexperience of Bula & Tupou really told too as did 1-2 defensive efforts from Tallyn which is understandable at his age & body strength.

Cowboys really exploited our weaknesses with Drinkwater, Dearden & Holmes storming this edge and then their confidence, home crowd got their energy up to roll through the middle and everything they tried, came off.

We need to put this result behind us. Main thing to do for Thursday night is correct this right edge defence & get the player's mindset that this result isn't on & prove it.

-Nofa to be replaced by Kepaoa or Talau (no other options)
-IP to move back to left side backrow, Bateman to move back to right side backrow
-Wakeham to be replaced by Will Smith at halfback (got to try something, maybe Will's experience will help)
-Assuming Stef is selected for SOO, start with middles Klemmer, Pole & Seyfarth (Matamua, Blore & James bench)

That's all I have.
I'm not sure why people want to put blore on the bench he has been our best two week's in a row only one out there in that shamoozle hitting hard and 37 percent possession we done a lot of tackling

I reckon the whole club needs a therapist to learn how to become a team.
I never watched Seinfeld so You'll have to enlighten me as to what going to Vienna means.
Sigmund Frued was from Austria and conducted psychological tests for his studies in Vienna.

Yea sweet, so based on that Madge achieved 1.14 decent wins per season over his 3 and half years ! We need him back ASAP for sure .....

I didn’t say bring Madge back, I’m countering the argument we never had a big win under him

Latest posts

Back