LIVE GAME Round 19 vs. Sharks

Live Game Discussion
Please look at the spine we fielded tonight.

I am not standing up for Sheens/coaching staff either, I'm was very suss about their appointment from the moment it was announced. It's just an awful team we are left with, Api was the biggest loss. Brooks weather people like to admit it or not is also a massive loss.

Even at full strength, we are 2-3 quality players short.
I am not expecting us to beat good sides but our attack has been terrible since the season started and apart from one game it has not looked NRL standard.Tonight our defence was better in the first half but steadily got worse as the game went on.
The club will not sack Sheens because it would make them look as incompetent as they are and have been for years.We are at rock bottom with the most incompetent people running the show

Entire high school (no finals) ✅
Gap year (no finals) ✅
2x degrees at Uni (no finals) ✅
First year out (soon to be a ‘no finals’) ✅

Yes, no finals since I was in primary school. I now teach year 5&6 and there’s 1 student in my class of 25 that was alive when we last made finals.

Just want to be able to enjoy my hobby. Losing this early in the week gives me all weekend to avoid watching any other game — can’t enjoy other games after a loss, especially in house of Penrith supporters. Lucky Ashes/Wimbledon are on.

I am not expecting us to beat good sides but our attack has been terrible since the season started and apart from one game it has not looked NRL standard.Tonight our defence was better in the first half but steadily got worse as the game went on.
The club will not sack Sheens because it would make them look as incompetent as they are and have been for years.We are at rock bottom with the most incompetent people running the show
Accurate observation - but for me the issue is the roster before the coaching set up.

We all agree at full strength we are missing a marquee halfback that can control the team. Just that acquisition along with Api at hooker makes us an infinitely better side. Our forward pack is pretty good, and they have so often got us where we needed to go this season for the halves to do nothing.

We have reserve graders right now, I'm not prepared to blame the coaching staff just yet. Our issue is recruitment, and who to blame for that I have no idea - but there's obviously a lot of distaste towards Pascoe/Lee. The other side of it is that no one wants to come here.

Definitely a couple of dud calls on a couple of their tries. Especially the last one which they didn’t even look at properly.
The biggest issues tonight were our lack of intensity in the ruck area both with the ball and without it. Our defenders are so slow to get off the ground and get into position at marker it’s ridiculous. Also all the effort plays - to chase kicks, support the ball carrier, line speed in D etc. You don’t need skills for this stuff.
The rest of the gaping difference between us and a finals team simply comes down to quality of players in key positions particularly, but pretty much all over the park.

Our attack, it’s so clunky its embarrassing. Don’t know what we do at training but if do train it must be all in slow motion. I laugh every time we do that bloody run around crap, as someone said earlier it fools no one

I travelled all the way to Commbank stadium from Germany to watch this live. I don't think I can accurately articulate how upset and disappointed I'm feeling now.

Please look at the spine we fielded tonight.

I am not standing up for Sheens/coaching staff either, I'm was very suss about their appointment from the moment it was announced. It's just an awful team we are left with, Api was the biggest loss. Brooks weather people like to admit it or not is also a massive loss.

Even at full strength, we are 2-3 quality players short.
'I travelled all the way to Commbank stadium from Germany'...that's true dedication tiger brother...but i gotta ask...why?

Reactions: BZN
I travelled all the way to Commbank stadium from Germany to watch this live. I don't think I can accurately articulate how upset and disappointed I'm feeling now.
What were you expecting, this is the best we’ve played in weeks. You should be proud 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Our attack, it’s so clunky its embarrassing. Don’t know what we do at training but if do train it must be all in slow motion. I laugh every time we do that bloody run around crap, as someone said earlier it fools no one

It is a typical under 7s play and it usually works at that level but how on earth could anybody believe it is consistently going to work at this level is beyond me.Seriously we have muppets making the decisions at every level

Gap year (no finals) ✅

Yes, no finals since I was in primary school. I now teach year 5&6 and there’s 1 student in my class of 25 that was alive when we last made finals.

Just want to be able to enjoy my hobby. Losing this early in the week gives me all weekend to avoid watching any other game — can’t enjoy other games after a loss, especially in house of Penrith supporters. Lucky Ashes/Wimbledon are on.
I’m in the same boat… i’m 23 years old & for most of my life I haven’t seen our team play finals. I was in year 6 of Primary School when we last did.

Have you not been kept informed on how we are going?

Gap year (no finals) ✅

Cricketers aren’t doing well either.

I’m in the same boat… i’m 23 years old & for most of my life I haven’t seen our team play finals. I was in year 6 of Primary School when we last did.
Same haha, 23 the age to be! Good to know it’s not just me that’s spent half of my life (consecutively) waiting for just a finals appearance to happen.

Back