TEAM LIST Round 2 vs. Raiders

Team List
Wow Galvin and Sullivan in the half’s, can already see how much Fogarty will dominate in the organisational/kicking game

We will see if Lachie Galvin can tackle as the Green Machine will be sending plenty of traffic his way.
Excited to be heading down to Canberra to watch all three grades on Saturday but not sure if I will be as happy coming home but fingers crossed.

Great to have the footy back
We should do the same with Ethan Strange.
Samuela, u19 origin team mate - should come off the bench and line him up.

I'd also target Savage - he's rusty.

Tipping an upset 🫡
* Gamble responsibility

Prefer Lobb over Tupou, but excited anyway for start of our season. Sezer on the bench is good insurance against the main 6 & 7 having a less than stellar match but can he relieve anywhere else if we have a heavy forward contest? Maybe he has been slated in to also give Api a break as hooker? Presume Api will be the goal kicker. Hope Bateman can slot right in without any trial form- didnt last year take several rounds for him to get his rhythm and gel with the team?

2 debutants to start the season, I love it.

Whether you agree with those selections or not, you have to be excited by it at least.

I've been saying all off season, we need Fainu or Galvin to be instant stars if we are to have a decent season, so personally I'd rather not waste time finding out if they can cut it. Galvins physicality and talk on the field in the trial sealed it it seems.

Seyfarth at 13 is gonna get manhandled up against that Canberra pack

I don't think he will if used right. 3rd man hit ups after Stef and Klem along with some link man play and he will do ok. Personally I would start Pole or Twal to ensure we have our strongest possible middle early to get us into the game, but not to be.

Interesting times ahead , Benji said if they earn it they get it so I’m ok with this approach , but he will need to keep a close eye on any weakness shown and remove it straight away no matter who , Sezer starting I would have gone with along side Bud with Gavin off the bench after the nasty first 20 is done , I would have run Lobb over Toupu

Interesting times ahead , Benji said if they earn it they get it so I’m ok with this approach , but he will need to keep a close eye on any weakness shown and remove it straight away no matter who , Sezer starting I would have gone with along side Bud with Gavin off the bench after the nasty first 20 is done , I would have run Lobb over Toupu

Lobb missing out is odd IMO. He has shown just as much as Junior in the tough carries out of our end. Also brings both an attacking aerial threat and a defensive aerial game. Not to mention goal kicking.

Interesting call to have Galvin start and Sezer on the bench. While I think having Sezer on the bench weakens the overall capability of the team I think is shows that Benji has realistic expectations as to what Galvin can handle at this early stage of his career.

Benji knows that Canberra will have their big guns steamrolling onto the ball in Galvin's defensive channel. It will be interesting to see if there will be a halves rotation; that would be an unusual approach - but then again Benji is not an orthodox character.

I guess that it will all depend on how things pan out during the game - but it is possible that we could see Sezer on for Sullivan. If only we had an inside ear!

Apart from that the forward rotation looks balanced and I don't mind Solomona getting a start; he looked promising in the trial. I trust that Seyfath does more that just hit the line with the ball in hand - he didn't show much ball playing in the trials but I expect that if he has got the start they have seen something at training that we haven't yet.

Last edited:

Members online

Back