TEAM LIST Round 2 vs. Raiders

Team List
I think Galvin will do 80 and not blow a candle out. I can't see them having a preconceived plan to replace him. Sezer on the bench is odd, maybe he will give Api a rest, maybe Sullivan goes to 9 for a stint, but I hate changing the halfback mid game or maybe Sezer plays at cameo at 13. It will be interesting
he's stupidly fit, that's not up for debate, it's just whether he can handle the physicality. Zac Hosking is no Kikau but he's a tough ask. I completely agree on the Sezer at 14 call, it's bizarre, especially with Da Silva and Simpkin both on the extended bench.

Sezer on the beach. Tim Sheens written all over it. Guess they still talk.
I was hoping Benji would be speaking more with Bennett.

We seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on our halves now - that shows in the recent recruitment. Not surprising as it's been such a weakness in this club for a long time. Obviously Benji is still undecided on how the halves pairing will look long term, and for the first game if Sezer stays on the bench then it could just be some insurance.

I was hoping Benji would be speaking more with Bennett.

We seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on our halves now - that shows in the recent recruitment. Not surprising as it's been such a weakness in this club for a long time. Obviously Benji is still undecided on how the halves pairing will look long term, and for the first game if Sezer stays on the bench then it could just be some insurance.
Great observation Scott. You could well be correct. Again.

Benji has obviously identified we need to score tries and recognises that will be difficult with a slow ageing halfback.
Obviously it could backfire if the two young halves melt under pressure, I’d say that’s why Sezer is on the bench as a bit of insurance.

lol everyone screamed for the winds of change not more than 3 months ago …. They’re finally here ,and it’s whinge central from the usual suspects .
This is the most ambitious team I think I’ve ever seen any of our coaches name since one B. Marshall was given the starting 6 job in 05, and later R.Farah was named at 9 .
For me we really arnt here to screw spiders , and that team list says to me , I’ve got this job a while , and im all in ! From Benji.
If the coaches have decided Sezer isn’t the top half than he isn’t the top half . End of …

lol everyone screamed for the winds of change not more than 3 months ago …. They’re finally here ,and it’s whinge central from the usual suspects .
This is the most ambitious team I think I’ve ever seen any of our coaches name since one B. Marshall was given the starting 6 job in 05, and later R.Farah was named at 9 .
For me we really arnt here to screw spiders , and that team list says to me , I’ve got this job a while , and im all in ! From Benji.
If the coaches have decided Sezer isn’t the top half than he isn’t the top half . End of …
💯 we need to find a superstar if we are any chance of troubling the better teams.
Sezer has been a good quality player throughout his career, but at age 33 he’s no chance of becoming the superstar we eventually require.

Interesting my comments are
Why no Aiden Sezer - is he injured ?
Note no Olam although I'm a fan of the guy in his place
IMO Pole should be starting 13 .He's a better footballer than Seyfarth
Note AJ still listed at no 18 makes me question Benjis judgement
All in all I'm hopeful we put on a competitive game albeit in the Vikings den and I bet Ricky's on the sideline putting as much pressure on the ref as he can !

We will see if Lachie Galvin can tackle as the Green Machine will be sending plenty of traffic his way.
Excited to be heading down to Canberra to watch all three grades on Saturday but not sure if I will be as happy coming home but fingers crossed.

Great to have the footy back
They’d be better off targeting Sullivan’s edge, where the Dragons were successful.

I hope we have a plan.

Back