LIVE GAME Round 3 vs. Sharks

Live Game Discussion
View from behind the posts. It's not the strategic view point but really good to see physicality:

Pole went all game non stop and looked comfortable. He is special.

Papalii was absolutely gassed after 4 minutes in the second half. Hopeless getting back and crouched over a lot. He needs to get in shape.

Fainu is an absolute athlete. Speed, size, skill. He is a fantastic fantastic signing. You could play him at prop, 2nd row, lock and probably centre as well. I don't think we've had a forward like him before.

Bateman really eager in the tackle and when tackled. He just seems unrelenting.

Sezer looked in control. Kicking never looked threatening but always was awkwardly placed. He was controlling everything. I haven't seen a halfback performance like that from one of ours for a long time. You can see the way the team felt confident because of him.

API just incredible. You watch the way he jinks and darts and the whole defensive line gets turned inside out.

Bula took a huge amount of kicks under pressure. Most were contested in the second half. It was incredible to watch. He glides.

The ref seemed to be very tolerant of sharks slowing the play the ball.

Sharks had success against us with centres cutting back inside. It looked like they'd open us up a number of times.
Only watched the game on Kayo, Watersider, but gee I thought Papalii was good tonight? Seemed like he got through a mountain of defence.

Just back from the game. 17 players had a real dig tonight. The line speed was great, they hit hard and hit often and that was what won the game. Standout were API and Sezer, API schemed and probed all night and Sezer‘s kicking game strangled the Sharks out of the game. Just hope they can build off this game

Only watched the game on Kayo, Watersider, but gee I thought Papalii was good tonight? Seemed like he got through a mountain of defence.

You may be right. I just saw him really struggling off the ball. Things like not getting back in the defensive line, last player back when bringing it out from our line, not running with players. Maybe I'm being harsh, like I said, you don't see the details of the game so well.

There was a bomb on our goalline that Bula defused, but I think there was some sort of deflection. But there were 4 sharks around him and papalii was 10 metres back watching when he needed to be there. It's just not acceptable to watch that play. Those sort of plays can tip the game. I think he was subbed soon after that incident.

Edit: I looked on kayo and it's at the 22 mins left mark in second half. Watch him in the ten minutes before that incident as well. He's gone.

I think for once we got quite a few calls.go our way and we certainly couldn't blame the ref if we'd lost
Every player went well but my standouts were Api, Olam, Bula and Gal
Been a long time since I've been so invested in the game... I think a Broncos win. About 3 years ago... Still pumped dunno if I can. Sleep

Just watched the replay. Ok pumped now. We haven't won an early season game in 3 years and the confidence we should get from this is huge. Brilliant game from pretty much everyone, defending errors, great scramble and a proper spine FINALLY.

You may be right. I just saw him really struggling off the ball. Things like not getting back in the defensive line, last player back when bringing it out from our line, not running with players. Maybe I'm being harsh, like I said, you don't see the details of the game so well.

There was a bomb on our goalline that Bula defused, but I think there was some sort of deflection. But there were 4 sharks around him and papalii was 10 metres back watching when he needed to be there. It's just not acceptable to watch that play. Those sort of plays can tip the game. I think he was subbed soon after that incident.

Edit: I looked on kayo and it's at the 22 mins left mark in second half. Watch him in the ten minutes before that incident as well. He's gone.
Appreciate the insights, mate. Must have been awesome at the old girl tonight!!!

I think for once we got quite a few calls.go our way and we certainly couldn't blame the ref if we'd lost
Every player went well but my standouts were Api, Olam, Bula and Gal
Been a long time since I've been so invested in the game... I think a Broncos win. About 3 years ago... Still pumped dunno if I can. Sleep
The upside of being wooden spooners, Ink. Every win feels like a grand final.

Have to process all of that....

Bateman has some OCD
Pulling his jersey down,
Stretching his arms out

He seems to love the crowd interaction though.
Would it be disrespectful if the crowd did a Bateman version of the Max Walker exercise routine?

Back