LIVE GAME Round 3 vs. Sharks

Live Game Discussion
Galvin will likely transition into a lock I think. Yeo/Murray style. Fainu will be a star, maybe transition as the bench hooker/14 utility. Not sure whether he’s a true 7 or 6 yet, seems to have the skills for either. Never really rated Sullivan.

1. Bula
6. Fainu
7. Luai
9. Api
13. Galvin
The kid has Scott Hill type all over him. Scott Hill had all the time in the world and was tough as they come. Top footballer.
Galvin has similar build and football playing style. He plays with pose and can handle the tough stuff also. Him taking some hit ups and playing through the line at his age in the NRL is very impressive and will hold him in good stead.
He is a proper 5/8 and Luai will play the perfect foil at halfback for him also. I thought Sezer controlled the game perfectly and didnt over play his hand. His defense was pretty good also I thought.

Incredible team performance tonight.
Great debut Olam. We bought a bit of class there.
Bula coming along beautifully.
Tupou was strong.
Stef terrific.
Sezer was composed.
Even Twal and Seyfarth were good!

But Api, wow, he is simply next level.
Those extra efforts, plus the special plays, lifts the whole team.
If he can remain consistent this year, he is squarely in the conversation of the best players WT have ever recruited.
And go figure…. Api played like that while he was suffering from Gastro. An absolute champion!!

After watching it again the win was built on all effort plays. We're still disjointed and if the Sharks were on their game and executing we could've been down 12 or 18 nil after 25.
Stef was great, Ipap was a rock, Galvin at 18 does stuff Brooks can only dream of.
My apologies to Olam, he's not a broken down crock.
Tupou must've had a rocket up him, the improvement was exponential.
Isn't it great to have halves!

Was really happy with Faatape's game - he was on/focused for the entire game
Defended well with Papalli, chased kicks and put pressure on the opposition. Considering Cronulla has one of the most dynamic centre pairings I reckon Olam and Faatape handled them more than effectively.

After watching it again the win was built on all effort plays. We're still disjointed and if the Sharks were on their game and executing we could've been down 12 or 18 nil after 25.
Stef was great, Ipap was a rock, Galvin at 18 does stuff Brooks can only dream of.
My apologies to Olam, he's not a broken down crock.
Tupou must've had a rocket up him, the improvement was exponential.
Isn't it great to have halves!

This is what I was so happy about, the effort. This is the first game I remember where all 17 players tried to smash the opposition for the full 80 minutes, and also maintain great line speed all game. It was how Penrith play.

Our attack still needs a lot of work but as long as we commit like that it will come in time.

However, I refuse to get my hopes up.

Before the game, I believed our centre pairing had it over the Shark's pairing. It is a long time since we have had a good pairing but I think Olam and Faataape are going to be good for WTs.

Only watched the game on Kayo, Watersider, but gee I thought Papalii was good tonight? Seemed like he got through a mountain of defence.
I'm with waterside. Papali'i was gassed in the second half, but it was the best I've seen him play for us, so that's probably why he was buggered 😂 He did some great work in the first half. Lovely to see 🥰

I am so stoked I went last night. We played like we cared. The last couple of minutes they could’ve taken the easy out and let the Sharks score but they didn’t. Sure its only one game but we can be a little excited because this win wasn’t built on flashy tries or lucky trick plays, this was a disciplined, tough defensive win. I watched the replay of the Raiders game and seen small moments to believe we would win last night. My wife (unfortunately goes for Parra) normally asked me before every Tigers game for score and result prediction. I normally say I just want the boys have a go. Last night when she asked I said Tigers will win by 8. She actually just stared at me blankly (haha) I was very confident in the boys rolling up their sleeves. The most disappointing thing was seeing James Hooper riding the win with us. We can still be better but we can all enjoy this week as winners.

Staff online

Back