LIVE GAME Round 3 vs. Sharks

Live Game Discussion
In light of the new direction of the Tigers, I have written to the marketing team suggesting we now enter the field to “Welcome to the jungle” by Guns and Roses.

Eye of the Tiger is great but time for a change I feel.

Tito - You’ve done it again!

That’s the WT blueprint to winning! Killed the Sharks with almost 20 offloads that game. Captain Api was inspirational to say the least! Was my MOTM - changed the whole complexion of that match during the first half!! Olam played like a man possessed. That’s the best I’ve seen Juzzy play in 2 years when he was injury free and the No.1 centre in the league! 18 runs 180 metres, a try and breaking ribs in defense all night.

Our halves were superb. Was that Sezer or Scott Prince. His kicking game was first class, bombs were perfectly placed so that Bula could run through and create an aerial contest and win the ball back for our team. Galvin is a superstar, the kid is 18 but you can see the influence of Munster as his role model in the game - has an incredible Will to win, takes the line on a lot (17 runs 85 metres), 3 offloads, 2 line break assists and another 22 tackles with ZERO missed! That’s 45 tackles and NONE missed since coming into first grade. Helps to have John Bateman and Olam next to you who just compete on every play.

Our forwards ran extremely hard, that’s the best I’ve seen Stef play in first grade. Finally quick shoutout to Fainu off the bench, flown under the radar the first two matches but incredibly effective - high workrate, got great hands in collision, made some crucial 1 on 1 tackles on Talakai and has the presence and anticipation to position himself to receive the ball in open space. Great performance all round :)

I thought at first that Sezar's kicks were a little ho-hum.

But as the game went on I realised the height and depth of the kicks had our kick chase within a few metres of the guy catching the ball every time. (Papali'i & Fataape were outstanding in kick chase).

It gave Kennedy in particular nowhere to go, despite catching everything on the full. If that is the tactic- well executed.

Faataape is as solid as. Strong and determined. Teriffic attitude. He is a keeper. He didn't come here to play NSW cup.
Tough mission for a new starter, on the left last week marking Timoko and on the right this week marking Talakai.

With Toa being out for a few more weeks, Naden constantly out injured/recovering, AJ Kepaoa and Feledy not really in the picture, this is his opportunity to cement a centre spot.

I thought at first that Sezar's kicks were a little ho-hum.

But as the game went on I realised the height and depth of the kicks had our kick chase within a few metres of the guy catching the ball every time. (Papali'i & Fataape were outstanding in kick chase).

It gave Kennedy in particular nowhere to go, despite catching everything on the full. If that is the tactic- well executed.
His kicking game was a big factor in dominating field position. Solid knock just doing the fundamentals right.

Tough mission for a new starter, on the left last week marking Timoko and on the right this week marking Talakai.

With Toa being out for a few more weeks, Naden constantly out injured/recovering, AJ Kepaoa and Feledy not really in the picture, this is his opportunity to cement a centre spot.
Every effort should be put into this guy.

Fantastic early showing from the guy I had down as our 5th option at best.

He's the guy.

A controlled kicking game that strangled the Sharks out of game - music to my ears! How long has it been since we’ve seen that from one of our halves? Happy that Brooks is going well and being used properly by Manly, but it makes his success a lot easier to swallow if we can have some success of our own with our new half performing well. I was always hoping that the parting of our ways with Brooks would be mutually beneficial.
Generous comment Flip.

And one I agree with!

Looking at the replay, I wonder if Twal had a laceration around his upper left leg somewhere.
From around the 34th minute (just before the Seyfarth try) he had a fair amount of blood on the back of his left leg.

In light of the new direction of the Tigers, I have written to the marketing team suggesting we now enter the field to “Welcome to the jungle” by Guns and Roses.

Eye of the Tiger is great but time for a change I feel.

Tito - You’ve done it again!
Castleford call their home ground the Jungle

• Love
Reactions: BZN

Members online

Back