LIVE GAME Round 3 vs. Sharks

Live Game Discussion
In light of the new direction of the Tigers, I have written to the marketing team suggesting we now enter the field to “Welcome to the jungle” by Guns and Roses.

Eye of the Tiger is great but time for a change I feel.

Tito - You’ve done it again!
No Tito (Magoo), you haven’t.

In light of the new direction of the Tigers, I have written to the marketing team suggesting we now enter the field to “Welcome to the jungle” by Guns and Roses.

Eye of the Tiger is great but time for a change I feel.

Tito - You’ve done it again!
Both songs for a football club are poop.

Admittedly I haven't finished watching the game back, having only seen the first 60 minutes. In the time i saw, we looked bloody good. I saw us winning so many plays that were effort and effort alone. Amongst it all is young Lachlan Galvin. There is a reason this kid is already playing NRL at 18 years old. He is an out-and-out gun.

We just gotta keep bringing these guys through. It's all about development. The club has been doing a good job in this aspect in the last few years. Apparently Onitoni Large is the next guy coming through whose potential is perhaps even beyond Galvin and Bula. Let's stay strong team. The kids are coming through and they are coming through fast.

This has probably already been written but players like Galvin, Bula, Latu Fainu and Mason will benefit from having Marshall as their coach. I'm pretty sure he encourages them to trust their instinct when in possession and avoid the robotic style of football. I enjoyed Galvin stepping through the line and unloading to Olam. Some players would have been afraid to try the pass for fear of making a mistake.

Great team effort and win.Well done to Benji, Morris and the leadership group for getting the boys up for the game.
Special congratulations to Benji on his first official win as Wests Tigers coach 🐯🖤🤍🧡

Post game interviews for those interested.

So my thoughts on last night.

We bossed the possession game in a way we haven’t seen since the Cowboys game at Leichhardt last year. 53% possession will usually put you in position to win. Our completion was an excellent 86% and we conceded two penalties for the entire night. We had 5 minutes more ball and almost 300 more metres. This was pretty much a reversal of last week. Just six errors. We even had successful captain’s challenges!!

For me the big difference was line speed. It was nonexistent last week but it was there in spades last night even in the second half. Too many long distance line breaks still but the scramble was good and again the goal line defence was good.

The one try we conceded was down to a quick play the ball. John Bateman (I think) made the wrong decision in defence but he had two big blokes coming at him and had make a call. Not really his fault. If I had to blame someone it was probably Stefano’s poor tackle the play before that was the telling factor.

There were excellent performances all over the park. The forwards were all on song, even off the bench. Twal is the only one I can’t remember making an impact but he made his tackle quota without missing one. Olam was superb in commitment and performance. Compared to Toa it was like a Ferrari to a Datsun. Bula was great, Galvin looked good again and Sezer had the controlling and kicking game we’ve been craving. Sullivan was blah but didn’t make any bloopers and Seyfarth was good off the bench.

All in all a great team effort and if we can produce that regularly we won’t come last.

So my thoughts on last night.

We bossed the possession game in a way we haven’t seen since the Cowboys game at Leichhardt last year. 53% possession will usually put you in position to win. Our completion was an excellent 86% and we conceded two penalties for the entire night. We had 5 minutes more ball and almost 300 more metres. This was pretty much a reversal of last week. Just six errors. We even had successful captain’s challenges!!

For me the big difference was line speed. It was nonexistent last week but it was there in spades last night even in the second half. Too many long distance line breaks still but the scramble was good and again the goal line defence was good.

The one try we conceded was down to a quick play the ball. John Bateman (I think) made the wrong decision in defence but he had two big blokes coming at him and had make a call. Not really his fault. If I had to blame someone it was probably Stefano’s poor tackle the play before that was the telling factor.

There were excellent performances all over the park. The forwards were all on song, even off the bench. Twal is the only one I can’t remember making an impact but he made his tackle quota without missing one. Olam was superb in commitment and performance. Compared to Toa it was like a Ferrari to a Datsun. Bula was great, Galvin looked good again and Sezer had the controlling and kicking game we’ve been craving. Sullivan was blah but didn’t make any bloopers and Seyfarth was good off the bench.

All in all a great team effort and if we can produce that regularly we won’t come last.
Good summary... Twal was injured he came off with a lot of blood behind his quad

While we are on the topic of "songs"... I do go to a few Brisbane Lions games every year (my eldest boy got me into them 🙄), but hear me out.
Everytime a player scores a goal, they have a part of their own song choice belt out over the speakers. There is Charlie Camerons choice "country road", Zac Baileys "hey baby, ohh ahh" just to name a few. It gets the crowd pumped and they continue to sing long after the song has stopped.
I personally love it and would love the Tigers to give it a go. It gives you a bit of personality presented from the players.

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but does any 1 know what happens to Alex twal? He was out of his jersey and on the sidelines before the end of the game

While we are on the topic of "songs"... I do go to a few Brisbane Lions games every year (my eldest boy got me into them 🙄), but hear me out.
Everytime a player scores a goal, they have a part of their own song choice belt out over the speakers. There is Charlie Camerons choice "country road", Zac Baileys "hey baby, ohh ahh" just to name a few. It gets the crowd pumped and they continue to sing long after the song has stopped.
I personally love it and would love the Tigers to give it a go. It gives you a bit of personality presented from the players.
Pretty sure WT used to do that. Hodgo's song was "I get knocked down, but I get up again"

Id like an original song along the lines of the Raider’s Green Machine.
People mock it but when you are at the ground hearing it live they play it really loud and it pumps you up. It works.
Every time I've been down there for a game we've been soundly beaten so you hear the blare of that song again and again. I go home miserable while singing "we're gonna hit ya, hit ya, hit ya, and you'll see green'. It's traumatic whenever I hear it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back