TEAM LIST Round 5 vs. Broncos

Team List
Having Matamua on bench gives us a lock forward rotation with Pole.
Having Simpkin on the bench allows Api to have his 15 minute spell & also provides halves cover.
Having T'oa on the bench gives us backrow & 1-5 cover as Kepaoa can move to backrow.

Sheens may be thinking of giving Blore 80 mins in NSW Cup to continue to build his fitness as he looked spent close to HT last week.

And I'm sure Wakeham will go into the controlling half position (like in 2nd half last week) so there will be some variance for Brooks.

It's not like we have halves knocking the door down to replace Brooks.

Fair dinkum guys, think about it before you cane the selections!!!

Having Matamua on bench gives us a lock forward rotation with Pole.
Having Simpkin on the bench allows Api to have his 15 minute spell & also provides halves cover.
Having T'oa on the bench gives us backrow & 1-5 cover as Kepaoa can move to backrow.

Sheens may be thinking of giving Blore 80 mins in NSW Cup to continue to build his fitness as he looked spent close to HT last week.

And I'm sure Wakeham will go into the controlling half position (like in 2nd half last week) so there will be some variance for Brooks.

It's not like we have halves knocking the door down to replace Brooks.

Fair dinkum guys, think about it before you cane the selections!!!
Think about it? Do you take us as imbeciles? No way either Brooks or Doueihi deserve to be in the team. I get that it's difficult to drop both of them as finding replacements is an issue. I suggested before that the halves could be Wakeham and Laurie. My thoughts were that Wakeham could take on the steady, controlling (as you put it) role while Laurie might provide some spark. Of course that was never going to happen but sticking with both when they've each been diabolical is sheer lunacy. Brooks, in particular, has been beyond woeful. You can see his teammates remonstrating about his constant crap passing. It's time that Sheens and, actually, the Tigers, showed some balls and ended the charade with Brooks. I'm not so concerned about the bench, although I would have swapped Stef and Twal, but a slow fullback who can't tackle? Staines did well back there in the last game. Leave him there! Persisting with a halfback that is a liability to the team and dropping an emerging forward in Blore who has actually been quite good are two decisions that deserve caning! The bottom line is that the real problems have not been addressed.. Absolutely bewildering.

Last edited:
Bateman should be in the teams ears telling them all how much they are letting Brooks down. Brooks is way out of form and far too heavily involved. The stats will tell you that. Time for other players to step up start outplaying their opposite number. Plenty of good sides win games with their playmakers just doing the basics.

Every single sentence there is destructive misinformation designed to persuade.

BAGN, when you support a player, consider what it would take for you to withdraw your support.
If the answer is nothing, your integrity is in jeopardy. Your loyalty should belong to the team, not to individuals. No player is worthy of this kind of unconditional love.

The leadership of this club are an absolute joke. They've made one poor decision after another since they sacked Sheens the first time around.

We're going nowhere. We can sign who we want, we can sack coaches again and again and turnover our roster, change the logo, the jersey, build a penthouse on top of the centre of excellence, nothing is going to change.

There is absolutely no vision. We throw Benji the reigns without him having proven a thing as a coach. He has never coached a lower grade side, never coached a junior rep team, but we expect him to step in and successfully lead and coach the club just because he's Benji Marshall?

This club is an embarrassment. An absolute joke. I honestly can't tell the difference between this teams performance and performances under Sheens 10-15 years ago, under Potter or even Jason Taylor.

I've genuinely had enough. I feel like I am trapped in a toxic relationship with this club, and I'm just done with it.
This is so true, and if people reckon we are getting hammered by the media now, wait until benji takes the rains and (if) we are still down the bottom, it just won't end. It's kind of a disgrace how there's probably a heap of coaches wishing they had a top job in the NRL and here we are giving it to benji who has never coached a day. Shows two things, 1. We're a joke 2. The job has no respectability for any future coach we wish to pursue, we couldn't get Ciraldo over the line, imagine what this does for any future coaching prospect we'd want to sign.. I think a lot of this clubs future lies on benji's tenure not gonna lie

ToA 17 is absolutely ridiculous.

Blore has been one of our best defensively.

Should have been starting with Bateman or Matamua at 13.

ToA 17 is Sheens at his best...
Blore was horrendous with some of his defence last week, particularly for the Munster try.

So you are ok with a Naden 3 runs versus Brooks 15 runs. And people call Brooks the tanker?? The team are happy to sit back and watch their little general fail. That doesn’t sound like Bateman to me.
You are right re Naden his stats were horrendous so I thought he must be injured but no just didn't even try ?

Something for Brooks to aspire to . Check out Nicco's stats first game back for Sharks
3 try assists 5 linebreak assists 148 m run errors 0
Brooks vs Storm
0 try assists 0 linebreak assists 80 run errors 3
I sincerely hope somehow some huge improvement this week

Something for Brooks to aspire to . Check out Nicco's stats first game back for Sharks
Brooks vs Storm
Big difference also is support play. Its second nature to the Sharks and a brand new concept to poor old WT.

Brooks vs Storm
I wonder if 3 errors include kicking it in-goal with a dominant stat, getting caught on last tackle twice and throwing the ball to a a players head.

This is the first time Sheens has kept the spine together. I’m expecting a better performance from them because of that. Also think Utoikamanu will have a big game up against his old teammate Haas, who has been in good form.

I think this is a bad team, not just for the obvious reasons but because:

1 - I'm genuinely worried about team harmony. There are sets they don't give the 7 the ball FFS, and rightly so.
2 - Wakeham won't have a chance with AD and Brooks there, even if he isn't good, at least he's different.
3 - Brooks and AD are out there for more abuse and criticism which they deserve but ultimately they are copping the flack for the coaching selections and management being beyond abysmal. These guys don't have it, and never will in our colours. This is almost to the point where they are victims of the clubs stupidity, especially Brooks who just needs to go for everyone's sake. The scapegoat theory makes a lot of sense, Sheens is a rat.

Even a win kinda sucks when it would push accountability even further down the track and still only have us 1 and 4.

I'm back to last year's method of watching if I'm totally free or checking scores before deciding to make time.
Yes to this.
I said in another thread that Brooks and Sheens are a marriage made in heaven. The media can point to the one and/or the other as the source of our difficulties and each can hide behind that.

This is so true, and if people reckon we are getting hammered by the media now, wait until benji takes the rains and (if) we are still down the bottom, it just won't end. It's kind of a disgrace how there's probably a heap of coaches wishing they had a top job in the NRL and here we are giving it to benji who has never coached a day. Shows two things, 1. We're a joke 2. The job has no respectability for any future coach we wish to pursue, we couldn't get Ciraldo over the line, imagine what this does for any future coaching prospect we'd want to sign.. I think a lot of this clubs future lies on benji's tenure not gonna lie
According to the club it was said we had 17 applicants for the job (from memory).I doubt if they were all duds yet somehow we have Sheens appointing himself.Truly amazing and only our board would allow it

I wonder if 3 errors include kicking it in-goal with a dominant stat, getting caught on last tackle twice and throwing the ball to a a players head.
And also not feeding the scrum behind the second rowers feet after we received a penalty and for reasons unknown decided to repackage the scrum instead of having a set of six inside their 20

With players having to train in 2 positions does anyone know what toa has trained as extra
Assuming kepoa was second row and centre

I don’t know what technically constitutes an error but it seemed more like 6-7.

With players having to train in 2 positions does anyone know what toa has trained as extra
Assuming kepoa was second row and centre
No wonder they don't know Arthur from Martha. Get them to understand 1+1=2 first.

Back