TEAM LIST Round 5 vs. Broncos

Team List
I just don’t think we can change the halves two weeks in a row. We got beaten by Melbourne in Melbourne. We will most likely get beaten by the broncos in Brisbane. But we need to try and get combos working together and changing every week won’t help anyone. If brooks keeps failing badly like he did last week, then he will get dropped. I think we stick with it for now and see how it goes. Personally I think brooks has lost all confidence and could do with a stint in reserve grade and hope he finds his mojo!
It’s not like we have great depth in our lower grades in the halves. We will need to buy somebody in and that won’t be till next year. Sheens knows that hence why he offered big coin for the slimy turd!
Absolutely 100% spot on.

Don’t get the Tupou love. We can’t get within cooee of the try line and everyone is going all jelly legs about one of our wingers.
He’s a young fella shows a decent ability to beat the first man most of the time, has a good leap on him and has shown to be able to finish a try when he gets a look at the line, hope is all we can for a young fella like him until we don’t suck

Good on you Earl for looking for the positives. It is really hard to do when your team loses all the time, but credit to you. I am a bit stuck in the gloom to be really honest. I was watching the game last Friday with my dad and he said to me you are being too hard on them, they are going OK. He is not a Tigers supporter!! I then tried to step back a bit and saw they were definitely doing some good things and trying hard. Can't see a win this weekend, but if they do I will have a beer for my dad and you, Earl.

Good appraisal based on facts rather than emotion, along with advice from your dad.

I think if Brooks plays shithouse again, I think Bateman will break his legs.
He really seems competitive and will not tolerate players not doing their jobs and not scared to say so. I love that and his accountability.

If we look at the team we have improved a lot except in the 1/6/7 TBH. We have our pack locked in for a few years so once this area is fixed we should be ok..

All the new players have done a great job and are an improvement on what we had so if we can just offload the dead wood like Nofo, Brooks and AD unless he moves to Centre.

This week will be a good indication on how the season will go - We either get flogged, Win or stay competitive so fingers crossed we don't get flogged as its depressing.

The leadership of this club are an absolute joke. They've made one poor decision after another since they sacked Sheens the first time around.

We're going nowhere. We can sign who we want, we can sack coaches again and again and turnover our roster, change the logo, the jersey, build a penthouse on top of the centre of excellence, nothing is going to change.

There is absolutely no vision. We throw Benji the reigns without him having proven a thing as a coach. He has never coached a lower grade side, never coached a junior rep team, but we expect him to step in and successfully lead and coach the club just because he's Benji Marshall?

This club is an embarrassment. An absolute joke. I honestly can't tell the difference between this teams performance and performances under Sheens 10-15 years ago, under Potter or even Jason Taylor.

I've genuinely had enough. I feel like I am trapped in a toxic relationship with this club, and I'm just done with it.

The leadership of this club are an absolute joke. They've made one poor decision after another since they sacked Sheens the first time around.

We're going nowhere. We can sign who we want, we can sack coaches again and again and turnover our roster, change the logo, the jersey, build a penthouse on top of the centre of excellence, nothing is going to change.

There is absolutely no vision. We throw Benji the reigns without him having proven a thing as a coach. He has never coached a lower grade side, never coached a junior rep team, but we expect him to step in and successfully lead and coach the club just because he's Benji Marshall?

This club is an embarrassment. An absolute joke. I honestly can't tell the difference between this teams performance and performances under Sheens 10-15 years ago, under Potter or even Jason Taylor.

I've genuinely had enough. I feel like I am trapped in a toxic relationship with this club, and I'm just done with it.

Good on you Earl for looking for the positives. It is really hard to do when your team loses all the time, but credit to you. I am a bit stuck in the gloom to be really honest. I was watching the game last Friday with my dad and he said to me you are being too hard on them, they are going OK. He is not a Tigers supporter!! I then tried to step back a bit and saw they were definitely doing some good things and trying hard. Can't see a win this weekend, but if they do I will have a beer for my dad and you, Earl.

Great post

I know that I am not preaching to everyone here, so to those who get it and are already on the bus; I apologise. However, for the rest of you, I'm not sure why you just don't get the strategy.

We just need a little bit more attack and it will be fine.

While some may think Sheens has selected the worst bench in history; those astute studies out there have noticed that the bench has both Toa and Jake included, They are on the bench to give us more attack. If we had a couple of rotational forwards on the bench this would be more defence, and would defeat the strategy.

Round 5 will be the turning point in the season for us long suffering WT fans. The addition of a little bit more attack will result in AD breaking through the line like Latrell Mitchell and Luke finally beating the shirt grabs that stopped him scoring three four pointers in the second half against Melbourne.

Wakeham also said that the rest of the team will lift to make things easier for Luke. That will definitely unleash a little bit more attack. So, a bit like compounding interest, we will see a benefit from banking some attack for the last five minutes in our benchies. We are definitely on the right track here!

Our Chairman has spoken so either get on the bus and support the creation of an attacking bench or sit in the back stalls and keep quiet.

Sermon over.

Interesting insight, fingers crossed.

Me too. Been hoping that the more big losses in a row might actually have an effect on team selections. One in particular.
It doesn’t though.

Seriously no player could be worse, so it seems an impossibility Luke will ever get dropped. It’s sooooo messed up.
Sheens mate we already hit rock bottom, bloody oath do something.

Sheens Out!
They drop 2nd rowers who underperform but not a halfback. Even Laurie was punted but not Teflon Luke.

I think this is a bad team, not just for the obvious reasons but because:

1 - I'm genuinely worried about team harmony. There are sets they don't give the 7 the ball FFS, and rightly so.
2 - Wakeham won't have a chance with AD and Brooks there, even if he isn't good, at least he's different.
3 - Brooks and AD are out there for more abuse and criticism which they deserve but ultimately they are copping the flack for the coaching selections and management being beyond abysmal. These guys don't have it, and never will in our colours. This is almost to the point where they are victims of the clubs stupidity, especially Brooks who just needs to go for everyone's sake. The scapegoat theory makes a lot of sense, Sheens is a rat.

Even a win kinda sucks when it would push accountability even further down the track and still only have us 1 and 4.

I'm back to last year's method of watching if I'm totally free or checking scores before deciding to make time.

I think this is a bad team, not just for the obvious reasons but because:

1 - I'm genuinely worried about team harmony. There are sets they don't give the 7 the ball FFS, and rightly so.
2 - Wakeham won't have a chance with AD and Brooks there, even if he isn't good, at least he's different.
3 - Brooks and AD are out there for more abuse and criticism which they deserve but ultimately they are copping the flack for the coaching selections and management being beyond abysmal. These guys don't have it, and never will in our colours. This is almost to the point where they are victims of the clubs stupidity, especially Brooks who just needs to go for everyone's sake. The scapegoat theory makes a lot of sense, Sheens is a rat.

Even a win kinda sucks when it would push accountability even further down the track and still only have us 1 and 4.

I'm back to last year's method of watching if I'm totally free or checking scores before deciding to make time.
Yep Brooks and Douhie need to stand themselves since the coaches are to stupid to do it themselves.

4 weeks after a long preseason and they don't look like setting up anything. They are complete and utter useless at the moment.

Back