LIVE GAME Round 5 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
You usually have good takes bro. If we let the ball
go to the left as much as the right we'd score more
(Would like to see the stats on L/R in the red zone)
Didn't utilise the edges/backs tonight.

Not sure why

Someone not you obviously we got better things 😝

his comment was from earlier in the game.

Also, did you listen to Sutton's explanation to Api? He was spot on. They weren't in position because Twal ran through the ruck and took them out of play. If anything it should have been a penalty the other way. Happened with 21min 30secs remaining if you care to rewatch it.

Twal hindered Nikorima's ability to get square which had no effect on the play, he didn't hinder Donaghue. 9 times out of 10 that's a penalty to us.

However what an idiot Twal is, brain-dead running that direction.

I agree with this. Tupou is one of our two best wingers. He makes good carries out of our end. But I am glad we didn’t match the $500k or the $550k the Dolphins have paid. It was good business to let him walk.

I think he is a center. He lacks the speed needed on the wing. He just doesn’t speed away and often gets burnt speed wise by other wingers.

I think he is a center. He lacks the speed needed on the wing. He just doesn’t speed away and often gets burnt speed wise by other wingers.

Funny thing is he dead set runs anyone down when they make a break. Sewn him show great speed in those scenarios but has zero speed off the mark.

The team played well on a 5 day turnaround. Different game in 8 days at home against Dragons. They are physical not fast like dolphins. We will bounce back plenty of fight in this team.
I was also about to comment the 5 day turnaround definitely had an influence tonight especially in the first half but disappointed in Batemans input just to put a point of difference on the result .

Reactions: BZN
Couldn’t be any more brain dead than Bula going to dummy half, and then literally wandering off for the Dolphins marker to dive on the play the ball.
Maybe the Ice crash plays to try and make up for poor attempted tackle on Marshall -King equally as brain dead.
We were thereabouts most of the night but seemed a bit all over the place.
A full weeks prep, a more settled team, at the 9th wonder of the world next Sunday, should see us back in the winners circle.

My opinion, drop Tupou too slow no energy. Bring Naden on the wing. I've seen enough of Sullivan in defence, start Latu fainu who I thought was good in D, Simpkins or TDS on the bench. Other than that I thought it was good fight in the 2nd half, hate blaming the ref but that changed the momentum the call against Api . Galvin straight back into 5/8 in 2 weeks .
My thoughts exactly, you could put a stop and go sign on tupou’s wing and it would be more effective, and Dud Sullivan the kid needs to be back in reserve grade

In a nutshell, we started flat and played without the same level of enthusiasm as the Dolphins. The result was no go forward from our pack which made us poor in A and weak in contact.
In the second half we certainly revved it up a level and came out with some fire. Some weak ruck control and a couple of very poor efforts in D cost us points and even though Api made a difference when he came back on and Sezer got more involved, it wasn’t quite enough to get over a solid Dolphins outfit.
Always going to be tough for us to play like we did against the Sharks every week.
Next week against Dragons is important for us and they’re due to put in some effort so let’s hope we are up for that one.

Bula’s pretty good but I think if Ontoni Large is as good as advertised he could well take the fullback spot in a few years. Between Luai, Galvin and Finau there’ll be no room
In the halves for Large when (if) he’s ready to come into first grade.

To stay switched on. Mountains out of Mole hills 😫

Couldn’t be any more brain dead than Bula going to dummy half, and then literally wandering off for the Dolphins marker to dive on the play the ball.

There were so many brain-dead moments tonight. Throw in Papalii going from dummy half, then a little later calling for the ball on the last off Bula for a crash play. Api taking the tackle when Stef made the break, Bateman.....well how long have you got. In the 35 minutes Bateman was a huge liability. Even in our two good wins Bateman has only been a pass mark.

Does anyone else see Twal clearly in the ruck walking through where the markers are supposed to stand? I don’t think he was purposely blocking them but definitely affected the 2 markers. That’s the only thing the ref could’ve been seeing

In a nutshell, we started flat and played without the same level of enthusiasm as the Dolphins. The result was no go forward from our pack which made us poor in A and weak in contact.
In the second half we certainly revved it up a level and came out with some fire. Some weak ruck control and a couple of very poor efforts in D cost us points and even though Api made a difference when he came back on and Sezer got more involved, it wasn’t quite enough to get over a solid Dolphins outfit.
Always going to be tough for us to play like we did against the Sharks every week.
Next week against Dragons is important for us and they’re due to put in some effort so let’s hope we are up for that one.
Good assessment TSJ👍🏻

Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Members online

Back