TEAM LIST Round 6 vs. Eels

Team List
The best hope vs Parra is both their normal centers are out Simonson is suspended and Waqa Blake is dropped . They move winger Penesini to center and promoted Sean Russell to center and Haze Dunster also promoted to Penesini spot on wing . Seems a lot of disruption but can backline take advantage ?

I dont know if it still happens, however I got told that back in the day Mick Potter didnt want Pat Richards, yet Grant Mayer signed him and told Potter he had to play which in turn had us releasing Korobiete.

We also all know about the Kyle Lovett/sponsor connection a couple of years back.

So yes you could be spot on.
💯

It's not ideal but it's definitely something that happens.

We also know the Nofo/ Lee / Brydens disaster.

A big loss like that time in 2019 (6-51) will cause our fanbase to absolutely meltdown. If you don't want to see it, log off the internet for the entirety of the game and its aftermath. I sense it coming.

Eels have looked really good, but have been unlucky to face quality opposition. The will be up for it, and if we don't match their energy, they will put a cricket score on us. I'm genuinely scared for our team after watching last week. It could be like the Roosters game again.

Eels 26 - Tigers 20
We will be better, but parra can't see a upsetter. Mitch Moses is playing freakish atm and Brooks can't match that let alone help his own game

Regardless of anything else, have always maintained that halves are a pairing, with Brooks best suited with a leader type partner alongside him. Despite that, happy to see the best 'halfback' type in the club playing there on Monday, and can only hope to see the strapping on his (and Doueihi’s) upper leg gone.

Like it or not, but it is what it is, with Wakeham never going to be any more than a backup player and whilst Doueihi is more suited at centre, still a better option in the halves.

Will be in the air half way to Singapore during the match, so won't be watching, though hoping to be able to read a much more positive forum. Ohh, and Moses to suck.

Regardless of anything else, have always maintained that halves are a pairing, with Brooks best suited with a leader type partner alongside him. Despite that, happy to see the best 'halfback' type in the club playing there on Monday, and can only hope to see the strapping on his (and Doueihi’s) upper leg gone.

Like it or not, but it is what it is, with Wakeham never going to be any more than a backup player and whilst Doueihi is more suited at centre, still a better option in the halves.

Will be in the air half way to Singapore during the match, so won't be watching, though hoping to be able to read a much more positive forum. Ohh, and Moses to suck.

Singapore , fantastic place , Great food if your their for a few days
La Pa Sat , Maxwell road , Newton crt Hawkers centres for great food and also old airport road Centre , my favourite. La Pa Sat Singapore Chilli Crab

Why are we moving a guy on $1m a year from the position we signed him to play? Not only were paying him exorbitantly, we have to cater for him being shit and never drop him.
We don’t have a choice we don’t have any players coming through to drop Brooks none , zip nothing , all those juniors they bang on about are years off , we are screwed for years unless we go hard and buy

Singapore , fantastic place , Great food if your their for a few days
La Pa Sat , Maxwell road , Newton crt Hawkers centres for great food and also old airport road Centre , my favourite. La Pa Sat Singapore Chilli Crab

I am so famished:

We don’t have a choice we don’t have any players coming through to drop Brooks none , zip nothing , all those juniors they bang on about are years off , we are screwed for years unless we go hard and buy
So we do go out and spend bulk money on a top half, and those good kids see this and think there's no spot for me and move elsewhere and we lament more talent lost...

From Yahoo Sport ...

Speaking on NRL 360 on Tuesday night, co-host Paul Kent and league journalist Paul Crawley suggested that Bateman's signing ultimately triggered the departure of Hastings. The pair insinuated that Bateman was unhappy about reuniting with Hastings at the Wests Tigers, prompting the club to explore the trade deal to send their half to the Knights.

“The funny thing was as soon as we got wind that Bateman was going there, I got told that he wouldn’t play with Jackson Hastings,” Crawley said on NRL 360. “I inquired about that story and I got told that Hastings didn’t have a problem with Bateman, but I am pretty sure the other way around was an issue.

“And so following that about a week later, Jackson ends up in Newcastle and there you go. But there’s no issues....” NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent added: “Bateman and Hastings were teammates at Wigan and didn’t get on there, to the point where Hastings left.”

The NRL 360 crew are dodgy, so it might be BS, but that's what's been reportedd.
From Yahoo Sport ...

Speaking on NRL 360 on Tuesday night, co-host Paul Kent and league journalist Paul Crawley suggested that Bateman's signing ultimately triggered the departure of Hastings. The pair insinuated that Bateman was unhappy about reuniting with Hastings at the Wests Tigers, prompting the club to explore the trade deal to send their half to the Knights.

“The funny thing was as soon as we got wind that Bateman was going there, I got told that he wouldn’t play with Jackson Hastings,” Crawley said on NRL 360. “I inquired about that story and I got told that Hastings didn’t have a problem with Bateman, but I am pretty sure the other way around was an issue.

“And so following that about a week later, Jackson ends up in Newcastle and there you go. But there’s no issues....” NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent added: “Bateman and Hastings were teammates at Wigan and didn’t get on there, to the point where Hastings left.”

The NRL 360 crew are dodgy, so it might be BS, but that's what's been reportedd.
Paul Kent said it so it must be true... like the jersey fiasco I guess

Weve both got competitive packs with Junior Paulo out so Backline no excuses !
Gutha way better FB and Sivo is a weapon but their center pairing new and maybe a weaklink .So it boils down to this Adam Douehi and Luke Brooks need to outplay Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses ?
What are the odds of that

Members online

Back