TEAM LIST Round 6 vs. Eels

Team List
Just rewatched Broncos game a second time and our lack of urgency was alarming hardly a hand laid on a Bronco thru first 4 tries
If we go into Parra game with that attitude we will lose big

Do you know what else you could have done with your money? Greater chance of losing all (NSW GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCMENT)
In my younger days I could have spent it on a 3 day bender in an Adult's only club just outside of Berlin

Telstra Premiership - Round 6 vs. Eels

Monday, April 10 - 4:00 p.m. AEST
Accor Stadium, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Charlie Staines
2. Asu Kepaoa
3. Brent Naden
4. Starford To'a
5. Junior Tupou
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore

18. Justin Matamua
19. Alex Seyfarth
20. Brandon Wakeham
21. Rua Ngatikaura
22. Daine Laurie
Coach: Tim Sheens

Lets call it out:
Tupou, Staines and Kepaoa, meh but ok.
Naden and To'a, I only rate Naden in the Centers. Toa is kinda not first grade.

AD + Brooks enough said.

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole
^ probably one of the best forward packs in the league, Honestly top 6.

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore
^ Twal and Joe O can play a good game, they have been toilers and many have identified points that they can improve.

Honestly, I don't get it. We have enough backs on our books that someone should have put their hand up and said they want to play. Surely someone wants to be in the 400-500k income range rather then the 150k fringe grader range.

Lets call it out:

AD + Brooks enough said.

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore
^ Twal and Joe O can play a good game, they have been toilers and many have identified points that they can improve.

Honestly, I don't get it. We have enough backs on our books that someone should have put their hand up and said they want to play. Surely someone wants to be in the 400-500k income range rather then the 150k fringe grader range.
Only 1 out of our 4 spine players can create opportunities…and he is usually too buggered to get us over the line. Until this changes we will struggle to post enough points to win.

Lets call it out:

AD + Brooks enough said.

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore

While i agree our backs aren't amazing, i still think this is largely driven by inept halves.

Look at Manly's backline
1. Turbo
2. Tuipolotu
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick

Obviously turbo is a star but so is cherry evans and schuster, the rest are really just run of the mill players.
There halves and turbo drawing in defenders and making space for the outside men.

Never see Brooks or doughie create an overlap by hitting the line

Lets call it out:

AD + Brooks enough said.

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Alex Twal
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Shawn Blore

You are vastly underestimating Tupou. The kid is a star and needs to be signed long term. He also needs to move to center or fullback

Week after week we hope then at the end of the weekend we feel its hopeless . I watch and rewatch every minute of every game painful as it is . I feel some on the forum don't watch or don't watch closely enough because we seem to say some ok and put all the blame on the same 2 or 3 .
That's not what I see !
Last year our backline suffered trying to play behind a weak pack that kept getting steam rolled
This year with 4 major forward recruits we have a good pack but alas the backline is 2nd rate not one or two but the entire 1-7
Lets examine Fullback - we have had Laurie who was fast ,elusive and put in big EFFORT
This year Laurie's out of favour and some say attitude bad but I see zero evidence that Douehi or Staines can play FB .Staines was not a fullback at Penrith but a reserve winger and Douehi last week at FB was out of position and played like a half anyway
Centers - We have zero experienced or classy centers .
Naden at Penrith and Dogs was a winger .Toa at knights was also a winger
Wingers we've got plenty Nofoaloma , Naden , Staines , Toa ,Tupou
Halfs we've got Brooks who has failed over 10 years , Douehi who a bit like Brooks has confused the plays . Weve got Wakeham who was cup level at Dogs but shows potential
Weve got Tommy Talau who in 2021 was a potentially good center and Kepoa who is a defensive liability at center but is a reasonable bench 2nd rower as he's got a bit of mongrel and aggressive as replacement pack member .
We URGENTLY need a playmaker who makes the right run / kick / pass options on nthe 5th tackle and puts the right weight on kicks to earn repeat sets
If we had JUST ONE well we could move Brooks to center where he is fast and can tackle but not responsible for decisions that he seems to get wrong most of the time
SUMMARY . We need a permanent experienced Fullback same one every week
We need 2 fast classy centers imo maybe Naden , maybe Talau , maybe Brooks
We need 1 playmaking classy half
We need the backline to be cohesive and back each other up and back up Api and Bateman when they make half breaks .
Ps someone get Twal to offload or even attempt a sidestep and stop burning the 5th tackle

Another irk

Brooks and douehi running the ball, I noticed when they broke the line once or twice during the game,THERE WAS 0 BLOODY SUPPORT UP THE MIDDLE TO REXIEVE A OFFLOAD

Another irk

Brooks and douehi running the ball, I noticed when they broke the line once or twice during the game,THERE WAS 0 BLOODY SUPPORT UP THE MIDDLE TO REXIEVE A OFFLOAD
The fullbacks a 5/8 and the halfbacks a 5/8

How can they do their job if they don't even know position they're playing 😂

Just a full back idea
Watching nsw cup game Penrith long standing cup FB Isaiah iLongi can never get run in 1st grade with Edwards being a superstar and if he's out injured they switch Crichton to Fb
Hes dam good although he reminds me of when Laurie first came to us

Another irk

Remember when Brett Hodgson was a thing. Constantly appearing as support to streak away. Would love to see a Tigers fullback once again do this. Teddy wasn't even that great at it, he was on a different level where he created stuff from nothing, how many times did Brooks just throw the ball to Teddy to do 'something' but its so frustrating to never see a modern Tigers fullback following each play up the guts, thats where the bloody gaps are!! I was hoping this season Sheenius was going to bring back that style with little Laurie. When we play fullbacks with zero attacking ability along with halves that look like stubbing their toes on every kick, no wonder the Tigers cant score points.

I agree we'd be better with Hastings here on the park but the comments about us winning games if we just swapped him and Brooks is moronic. The proof is last year.
We had a woeful roster last year, and multiple long term injuries...including his.
We haven't won a game this year.

Does Tim Grant have a role at the club?

Noticed on socials that he said a few words to the team about Klems 200th.

Also had no idea Feleti Mateo works at our club, found out when trying to find an answer to the above.
I saw him in that video too.

Quick google, his linked in says he's a player development officer.

Reactions: Moh

Members online

Back