TEAM LIST Round 6 vs. Eels

Team List
Ho, hum, as others have stated, another predictable response from Sheens. Brooks and Doueihi back together when they've been abysmal there previously. What is it about the Tigers coaching staff that they can't make the obvious decisions? Brooks has been lamentable as a first grade scrum half for a long time so the obvious decision (million dollar man or not) is to drop him. Reasons? 1. He doesn't deserve to be in first grade 2.He might build some confidence in KOE Cup and 3. It sends a message to the playing group that continued poor performance will not be tolerated. Regarding AJ to wing. Yes, he has rushed out of the line a bit recently but, overall, he has been good. He is a far better centre than winger and Toa is not an improvement. Obviously they should be swapped. Stef is down on form and is better suited as an impact player off the bench. Twal is a worker and should start. Again, obviously, they should be swapped. Is it really that hard?
When A J rushes up its almost every game its not a bit .It leads to opposition trys and can only hope he stays on his wing vs parra . We recruited 4 top class forwards for this year and no backs . We desperately need centers . Maybe Naden but he was originally a winger at dogs as was Toa at knights . Try Brooks at center ! He sure as he'll is not coping with the decision making role at halfback .
Staines was also a winger at Penrith and a reserve one at that . Laurie deserves another chance at FB he does have a bit of x factor albeit with the odd mistake
Imo we've got 5 good or potentially good wingers Staines , Tupou , Toa , Naden , Nofo but No class centers maybe Brooks could be one of them worth a try .

Brings back some memories of heading down to Sydney to watch the game last year, no Tiger in site (other than @JC99).. surrounded by Eels and next to my partner watching her first live game..

Was wild!

Our pack can get on top and they don't have someone like Hass who destroyed us last week.

That leaves it to our gun halves and outside backs to carve up.
The only thing gun about our halves is that on their current performances they should be shot.

My biggest gripe with Sheens is he keeps rewarding non performers like Brooks, AD and Twal yet drops juniors like Wakeham and Matamua after a couple of games. Does my bloody head in.

You wonder why we lose juniors to other clubs as they get sick of the "boys club" I thought it was harder to get dropped from the Australian Cricket Team over the years apparently Brooks and AD say otherwise.

What a player is paid should not come into consideration for Selection. Brooks can play State Cup at still receive his 1.1 million dollars.

I don't care about keeping this muppet happy as he has had 194 NRL chances without guided his team to a semi final appearance.

Surely there must be a decent half back in another club that is stuck behind another NRL half back who wants a chance. WT must have plenty of cash to play with given the Moses offer,

My biggest gripe with Sheens is he keeps rewarding non performers like Brooks, AD and Twal yet drops juniors like Wakeham and Matamua after a couple of games. Does my bloody head in.

You wonder why we lose juniors to other clubs as they get sick of the "boys club" I thought it was harder to get dropped from the Australian Cricket Team over the years apparently Brooks and AD say otherwise.

What a player is paid should not come into consideration for Selection. Brooks can play State Cup at still receive his 1.1 million dollars.

I don't care about keeping this muppet happy as he has had 194 NRL chances without guided his team to a semi final appearance.

Surely there must be a decent half back in another club that is stuck behind another NRL half back who wants a chance. WT must have plenty of cash to play with given the Moses offer,
Madge use to do this stuff too (dropping juniors and sticking by non performers)

Seems to be an ongoing thing.

I believe it comes from management who push to appeal to sponsors, who want to see their favourite players.

Madge use to do this stuff too (dropping juniors and sticking by non performers)

I believe it comes from management who push to appeal to sponsors, who want to see their favourite players.
Yes, sponsors love losing and all the negative publicity, it does wonders for their brand !
Nothing like having lots of photos with all these stars !!!

Yes, sponsors love losing and all the negative publicity, it does wonders for their brand !
Nothing like having lots of photos with all these stars !!!
I hear ya mate.....

But they still pay to see their fav players play.
🤣

I hear ya mate.....

But they still pay to see their fav players play.
🤣
Demos, please give me the definition of a favourite player?
Is it one who gives their all, striving until the last minute to secure a victory,
Or is someone who get lots of publicity, maybe for the wrong reasons, but is in the paper most days ?
You get my drift ..,,

Is it one who gives their all, striving until the last minute to secure a victory,
Or is someone who get lots of publicity, maybe for the wrong reasons, but is in the paper most days ?
You get my drift ..,,
Sorry mate, fat fingers. Demps not Demos, sounds like a Greek singer, Demos Roussos🤣🤣

You get my drift ..,,

Each their own man....

Maybe sponsor A really likes player B for whatever reason.... they sponsor and turn up, rub shoulders with whoever but they're there to see player B play for the club they sponsor.

Call me crazy... 😆

Each their own man....

Maybe sponsor A really likes player B for whatever reason.... they sponsor and turn up, rub shoulders with whoever but they're there to see player B play for the club they sponsor.

Call me crazy... 😆
Sometimes I think my logic is totally out of whack with footy teams !
What seems to be like common sense about many issues does not apply.
Oh well, suck it up buttercup or move on
(referring to me not you D).

Sometimes I think my logic is totally out of whack with footy teams !
What seems to be like common sense about many issues does not apply.
Oh well, suck it up buttercup or move on
(referring to me not you D).
It's all business at the end of the day.

If it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense.

I dont know if it still happens, however I got told that back in the day Mick Potter didnt want Pat Richards, yet Grant Mayer signed him and told Potter he had to play which in turn had us releasing Korobiete.

We also all know about the Kyle Lovett/sponsor connection a couple of years back.

So yes you could be spot on.

On a positive note, congrats to David Klemmer for his 200th first grade game this week.
Whilst he’s only a new boy for us, I say well done on a solid career so far, in a position you can hide in.
I’d say let’s hope we get him a win but not sure that we’re quite at that stage.
Good on you Klem.
Meant to write a position you can’t hide in !

Latest posts

Back