LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely showed heart but multiple errors leading to tries. Tupou made 1 error yesterday and he has been crucified……..
I reckon we expect more from and are less forgiving of our own players TT 01.
We want our players to be winners and therefore get very disappointed when they stuff up seemingly simple [for a 1st choice NRL level player] tasks.

If he stops being the 17th best fullback in the NRL I’ll have no need to point it out.
I'm with you Vicious.
We've seen Bulla do some very exciting things, but they are few and far between Imo.
I've been very disappointed with his slow rate of progression, and at the moment I have to compare his general play with the dude we got from Penrith [can't think of his name] and has gone back to them.

Well, didn’t get to catch the 2nd half so just watched some highlights

We seemed to be in the contest for a fair chuck of the game and didn’t roll over easily. Made Penrith work which is a nice change for once

Still lacking quality outside backs. Tupou will probably have a stint on the sidelines, Olam was targeted a fair bit but is obviously our best centre by far.

We really need a boom rookie centre / winger to come through because I thought if we had a bit more polish we had another 2 tries in us

It’s his MO at the moment, sadly.. Bula could run a little but harder and his ball play can improve but he is still our best back right now,,, he ain’t getting much help … needs others in the “TEAM” to do their part as well.
He’s solid but not spectacular at present. Spending most of his time bringing the ball back from the deep. Looking like Laurie previously.
Still a talent but you are spot on, no one is putting him into space.

I'm with you Vicious.
We've seen Bulla do some very exciting things, but they are few and far between Imo.
I've been very disappointed with his slow rate of progression, and at the moment I have to compare his general play with the dude we got from Penrith [can't think of his name] and has gone back to them.
I got howled down last week for saying Bula is not the complete package yet ..

The guy has all the tools to become an elite fullback, everyone who’s been watching him the past year knows that. We’re either under utilising him or his game awareness needs a bit of work

The guy has all the tools to become an elite fullback, everyone who’s been watching him the past year knows that. We’re either under utilising him or his game awareness needs a bit of work
Exactly right,
He’s a great athlete and has all the physical ingredients to be an elite fullback, but he’s clearly not too keen on heavy impact hence the reason he slows upon impact rather than accelerate like the elite players do and it also limits his passing game as he’s terrified of taking a whack after releasing the ball.
It’s possible but unlikely a player can lose this fear.

Last edited:
Exactly right,
He’s a great athlete and has all the physical ingredients to be an elite fullback, but he’s clearly not the keen on heavy impact hence the reason he slows upon impact rather than accelerate like the elite players do and it also limits his passing game as he’s terrified of taking a whack after releasing the ball.
It’s possible but unlikely a player can lose this fear.
Good way to put it. The guy sees half a gap, hesitates a little bit and in that split second gets chopped down. The kid is probably the fastest at the club..needs to back himself.

I reckon we expect more from and are less forgiving of our own players TT 01.
We want our players to be winners and therefore get very disappointed when they stuff up seemingly simple [for a 1st choice NRL level player] tasks.
Yeah it’s the emotion side of it - I must admit I let a few expletives go when Tupou made that error, there was a few more when they scored on the back of it. Love the Tigers, always have, always will.

If we stop making childish mistakes like throwing passes over the sideline and knocking on from dummy half 10 metres from our line we might be a chance of winning again.Watch Penrith etc they make very little basic mistakes.

I'm with you Vicious.
Are you watching the same game as everyone else? Did you miss Bula putting Tupou down the sideline before Olam was tripped? Or his ball to Bateman to send Tupou over for a try? Or his quick ball to Naden before Staines dropped it? That was in the first 15 minutes.

If we stop making childish mistakes like throwing passes over the sideline and knocking on from dummy half 10 metres from our line we might be a chance of winning again.Watch Penrith etc they make very little basic mistakes
I’ll never fault the team for playing expansive footy, we were never going to outmuscle Penrith in the forwards … sure with better execution we probably have another 2 tries on the board

It’s his MO at the moment, sadly.. Bula could run a little but harder and his ball play can improve but he is still our best back right now,,, he ain’t getting much help … needs others in the “TEAM” to do their part as well.
I love your positive thinking with your rhyming "24 is the year The Tigers Roar", but how much more roaring do you feel we'll do this year?

I’ll never fault the team for playing expansive footy, we were never going to outmuscle Penrith in the forwards … sure with better execution we probably have another 2 tries on the board
Dropping the ball from a kick or from dummy half is not expansive football their just schoolboy errors that provide pressure we cant handle against good teams.

Are you watching the same game as everyone else? Did you miss Bula putting Tupou down the sideline before Olam was tripped? Or his ball to Bateman to send Tupou over for a try? Or his quick ball to Naden before Staines dropped it? That was in the first 15 minutes.
What happened for the next 65mins, it’s an 80 minute game,

• Love
Reactions: BZN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back