LIVE GAME Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Live Game Discussion
I actually feel a little sorry for her. She is clearly not up to that standard and the NRL has put her in a position where she has been set up to fail. Her confidence would be shot.

I actually feel a little sorry for her. She is clearly not up to that standard and the NRL has put her in a position where she has been set up to fail. Her confidence would be shot.
And it’s not a female thing either. I think Belinda Sharpe has been really impressive.

I don't know mate. I disagree on first look. I didn't think he applied any direct body weight to the legs. At the end of the day you have to be able to use your body weight, just in the right way. Wont surprise me if there is no charge.
The legs wrapping around and pulling down, looked dangerous to me, id have wanted it for us!

He was one of the best back rowers in the comp when we signed him and it was Madge who signed him.
I’m not sure why it’s not working but I suspect it’s got something to do with coming from a stacked team to a shithouse one.
Could it have something to do with the coaching?

The legs wrapping around and pulling down, looked dangerous to me, id have wanted it for us!
I get it, but the very definition of a hip drop is swinging your body around onto the legs. It didn't happen. Your allowed to use your leg to trip someone as long as you have contact with them. I think the give away is Curran grabs his thigh, not lower leg. Anyway, we will see.

I thought Finau really struggled at 9. He has a terrible left to right pass. No wonder he plays 5/8 on the left side only.
Yep...he aint the solution as a 9,thats for sure
Id like to see him given some time at 6 at some stage

It looked dangerous, and with everything going on with hip drop tackles he was stupid for doing what he did. However the way the contact unfolded meant it wasn't even worthy of a penalty. That was not a hip drop tackle at all. Looked awkward, but at no point did Sezer's body weight or hip make contact with the legs. It was just awkward twisting.

I get it, but the very definition of a hip drop is swinging your body around onto the legs. It didn't happen. Your allowed to use your leg to trip someone as long as you have contact with them. I think the give away is Curran grabs his thigh, not lower leg. Anyway, we will see.

Agree 100%. It wasn't a hip drop tackle at all. Just looked awkward, but there was no contact that was illegal.

Back