Rugby League Live - PS3

pacey

Rugby League Live brings all the hard hitting action and excitement of the greatest game of all to your lounge room”, said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “The demand for a Rugby League game on Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® has been staggering. We have listened to our fans and we are delighted to make this announcement”, said Robles.
\
\
The features of Rugby League Live include:

• 40+ licensed teams from competitions such as the NRL, Super League, State of Origin, City v Country, and World Cup.
• 30+ realistic stadia from around the world.
• 4 player multiplayer.
• Bone crunching tackles and impact camera replays.
• Field and uniform degradation.
• Create your own players, teams and competitions.
• Multiple replay angles and commentary by Andrew Voss.
• Join friends for head to head & co-operative online play via PlayStation®Network, and Xbox LIVE®.
\
\
“Rugby League Live for Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® is an exciting addition to the NRL licensing range,” NRL Director of Marketing & Commercial, Paul Kind, said.

“The head to head multi-player feature available online is a first for Rugby League gaming and the enhanced design and interactive features provide a dynamic experience for all gamers”, said Kind.
\
\
Rugby League Live is expected to be released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France on September 2nd, 2010\. More information about the game can be found at http://www.trublu.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
\
\
http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

probably won't buy this at this stage. I'll rent it first and see what i think. I'm looking more forward to the release of Madden/NCAA 11.

yeh sounds good, im playing fifa 10 buts its just no the same :frowning: rugby league 2 one ps2 was good, hope its got some good graphics

If its anything like the Wii version i would be staying well clear….

I give them credit for trying but they botch it up every time...

@MacDougall said:
I wish that EA would make a RL game using their Union engine. That game is tits.

yeh if EA went with an NRL game it would be sweet! then i could import my photo and make a new nrl player to knock ennis out lol

@pacey said:
different people are making it from the wii version

Are we sure about this???

One of our own was part of the team @ Sidhe that delivered the Wii release earlier in the year.

NZ_Tiger Where are you ??

Can you confirm if your mob is working on the port to the other platforms?

the RL games on PS2 we straight doo doo….they will have to improve drasticaly for me to purchase it

@Spartan117 said:
@pacey said:
different people are making it from the wii version

Are we sure about this???

One of our own was part of the team @ Sidhe that delivered the Wii release earlier in the year.

NZ_Tiger Where are you ??

Can you confirm if your mob is working on the port to the other platforms?

Its definetely being developed by a different company than Sidhe.
HES has the nrl and super league rights and they publish it, they had tried to get Sidhe on board to develop it again but I dont think an agreement could be reached between the two parties, now BigAnt a developing company based in Melbourne are the team developing rugby league live. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, I really felt Sidhe had been making good progress on such a low budget, apparently they passed on most of their information onto BigAnt but it's yet to be seen how different this version will be.
The graphics look pretty poor for an xbox360 or ps3 game, but I dont really care as long as the gameplay is good. But it is hard to expect too much with the companies involved having such a low budget. And even if EA Sports had the rights the game would be of a poor quality because EA would only use a small budget to make the game knowing the sales would be low as compared to their FIFA and Madden games which have worldwide sales so they spend mega bucks to develop those games.

a low budget EA game would still be lightyears ahead of any aus company

@Rorko said:
a low budget EA game would still be lightyears ahead of any aus company

there were better graphics on the PS1 rugby game then there was in RL1 and 2…..very amaturish

@MacDougall said:
I wish that EA would make a RL game using their Union engine. That game is tits.

How good is it lol, are you talking about rugby 08? coz i would be in heaven if they made and nrl game like that!

Hey guys, Only just noticed this thread go up. The only involvement we (Sidhe) had for RLL was in the testing side of things. I have in fact played the game, but I'm not at liberty to talk about it, unfortunately.
Hopefully Big Ant have a gameplay video in the making so you can all see for yourself.

Bye for now :slight_smile:

ive had the game for a couple of weeks not too bad the squad is awesome it has the whole train on squad minus skando and wade obviously but there are a few glitches but solid enough to play

I have become tentative buying sports games because they never seem hard enough or they're not realistic enough.

So for those of you who have got the game, is it realistic in terms of gameplay (Ie you are not making 90m each set) and also is it difficult or very easy to pick up?

Graphics dont worry me, its more about the gameplay for me.

Members online

Back