Rule Changes You'd Like Implemented

I'm getting over the influence of bombs on the outcome and direction of the game. While I appreciate the athleticism of some the players to field them it's like spinning a wheel and hoping for the best in terms of the adjudication by the ref and bunker - as to who contested, who disrupted, who had eyes on the ball, who touched it, did it go forward or back, who was onside - all discretionary and often not definitive but crucial in relation to the ruling.

I'm getting over the influence of bombs on the outcome and direction of the game. While I appreciate the athleticism of some the players to field them it's like spinning a wheel and hoping for the best in terms of the adjudication by the ref and bunker - as to who contested, who disrupted, who had eyes on the ball, who touched it, did it go forward or back, who was onside - all discretionary and often not definitive but crucial in relation to the ruling.
It's a lottery these days

Once upon a time I could see an incident and know what the ruling should be... Not the case anymore it's just all very random

Golden point should be golden try. You can still kick field goals in GP, but it won’t finish the match. The only thing that will is a try.

Golden point should be golden try. You can still kick field goals in GP, but it won’t finish the match. The only thing that will is a try.
I like that GNR.
And what about a really big change, No tries from bombs ! Radical eh but once upon a time they didn’t exist.
Doesn’t happen in NFL and still quite exciting.
I’ll wait for the feedback !!

I like that GNR.
And what about a really big change, No tries from bombs ! Radical eh but once upon a time they didn’t exist.
Doesn’t happen in NFL and still quite exciting.
I’ll wait for the feedback !!
What constitutes a bomb though? How high are we allowing balls to travel? Are cross field kicks not allowed? How high can they be? These are the big questions that need to be answered.

What constitutes a bomb though? How high are we allowing balls to travel? Are cross field kicks not allowed? How high can they be? These are the big questions that need to be answered.
I’m suggesting no kicking can lead to a try so I don’t care if it’s up, across, grubber or backwards.
You can kick for field position in general play and maintain the 40/20, 20/40 but as far as scoring tries my suggestion is they must go through the hands.
It takes away the current lottery and myriad of interpretations on kicks, and should be more entertaining.
Just watch an NFL game and see how that works.

It's a lottery these days

Once upon a time I could see an incident and know what the ruling should be... Not the case anymore it's just all very random
Been watching a lot of 90’s games lately. Was anything goes compared to now. Watched one last night where two players attacked the legs of a winger going up for a bomb. Play on.

Voluntary tackles

A fullback say trying to get it out of the in goal will dive and hit the deck so he's not pushed back into the ingoal

The rule is fine if the refs rule on it correctly but must of the time they'll let him play the ball after team mates get back inside... No one attributed to the tackle

It's weak from the refs.. Start penalising them!

Last edited:
Suspensions….

A player should serve their suspension only against the team they committed the offence against. If the player changes clubs the suspension continues with the player to the new club.

Eg. JWH cops a 4wk suspension for elbowing a Raiders player. He can’t play the Raiders for 4 games.

This way the club the offence occurred agaibst keeps the advantage the next time the teams meet instead of the following week/s team.

Rep games don’t apply to club games with players to receive 1-3 game bans only. “Danny Williams style” issues to carry harsher bans.
I'm not too sure on this one

Ok JWH cops four weeks, he's off contract the following year and only plays the Raiders once. Still has three to go but signs a new deal with Warriors... Then Warriors and Canberra play in the GF the next year but he can't play.
His new club is penalised

Before this season kicked off, I recall PVL saying ‘this will be the most exciting season, with not much between the bottom and top teams.’ (Or words to that effect). He had me thinking long and hard about what had changed and frankly I could not see it.
7 rounds in though it becomes clear that more emphasis is on refs managing the ebbs and flows. Arguably I don’t remember a time during the previous few seasons when top 8 teams‘ coaches have been so infuriated by some refereeing decisions.
Let the game flow.

Latest posts

Members online

Back